UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Disney Store exclusive

groundhog7s

Going to my local Disney store next week. Hopefully they'll have it.

Free shipping on disneystore.com today only! Save yourself the gas money and heartache. You'll probably have it by next week anyway.

Not trying to shill for Disney or anything, but if you're going to get the set anyway, you might as well just take the most painless route possible...

Edited by Lobsterman

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to my local Disney store next week. Hopefully they'll have it.

Free shipping on disneystore.com today only! Save yourself the gas money and heartache. You'll probably have it by next week anyway.

Not trying to shill for Disney or anything, but if you're going to get the set anyway, you might as well just take the most painless route possible...

Ah and yet I need to do some Christmas shopping and I DESPISE buying online. For one, I don't have a credit card, and for two, I like having the item in my hand when I buy it.

I thank thee for thy generous offer Lobsterman... but I must decline.

Wow, this set is awesome! It has the best Thor and Cap hands down. Even the Spider-Man and Iron Man mates are great. The only downsides are that Thor's right foot keeps falling out and Cap didn't come with an alternate glove for his left arm. Other than that, its a great boxset. Absolutely perfect for those just getting into the Marvel mates.

Now to kitbash an Iron Man from this set and the Neo-Classic one... :D

Ah and yet I need to do some Christmas shopping and I DESPISE buying online. For one, I don't have a credit card, and for two, I like having the item in my hand when I buy it.

I'm kinda the same way. I like to choose the best paint apps in the set (especially on Spideys) and try my best to see if the accessories are there. Plus, I like good condition packaging. So I usually stand in the aisles for a few minutes comparing 'mates a lot. -sigh- Darn this plastic crack addiction...

I'm kinda the same way. I like to choose the best paint apps in the set (especially on Spideys) and try my best to see if the accessories are there. Plus, I like good condition packaging. So I usually stand in the aisles for a few minutes comparing 'mates a lot. -sigh- Darn this plastic crack addiction...

I'm the same when I see 'em in person. But without a Disney store near me to conveniently drive to and fro several times, online was the way to go.

I forgot to mention this earlier but if anyone needs a free shipping promo code for the online Disney store, PM me. Got a spare from my trip earlier tonight. My other promo code is somewhere but I can't find it right now.

I'm liking Thor the most as it's a slimmed down figure. Not with bulky boots as the first Thor and no bulky chestpiece as the Reborn figure. His feet still keep falling off like other people's figures. My Tony has a drunk red spot on his face (i.e. red stain). And I found a Spidey without that stupid red bar on the top of his chest!!! :lol: Ah, but I can still see the stupid webs through his white eyes. Can't win 'em all. But I am very pleased with this set. :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention this earlier but if anyone needs a free shipping promo code for the online Disney store, PM me. Got a spare from my trip earlier tonight. My other promo code is somewhere but I can't find it right now.

I'm liking Thor the most as it's a slimmed down figure. Not with bulky boots as the first Thor and no bulky chestpiece as the Reborn figure. His feet still keep falling off like other people's figures. My Tony has a drunk red spot on his face (i.e. red stain). And I found a Spidey without that stupid red bar on the top of his chest!!! :lol: Ah, but I can still see the stupid webs through his white eyes. Can't win 'em all. But I am very pleased with this set. :thumbsup:

I fixed the Thor feet with a dab of super glue, worked it into the leg joint and then let them dry seperately. Works like a charm.

I also dig the non-bulkiness... but now I wish they'd update the classic Loki so he'll be in gold instead of yellow. There's just no pleasin' me, is there? :)

The Spidey I have doesn't have the red bar... but the web tampo doesn't fit with the eyes, so where it meets right between his eyes is a little off center.

My Tony has wine stains on his face too.

Aargh!!! Tried to order this set through the Disney web site but they don't ship to Canada. Geez, what a pain. :angry:

That's weird -- don't know when that "This item cannot be shipped internationally" thing appeared, but they had no problem doing it the week these were released.

You can get them at Luke's though, and with his shipping being lower than Disney's it works out to only a dollar extra to order from him.

After reading everything on this site, I ordered a set of the Classic Heroic Age minimates from the Disney Store just af few minutes ago. I found the Heroic Age set at Toys R Us. I must admit that I do not recall seeing the Captain America with black in his costume, but I never really read the comic loyally. I just had to have each set to put on my desk at work. I display them and wanted to upgrade to add some heroes other than just DC heroes. I have Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Aquaman at work with my Star Trek and Ghostbusters sets. I have the new set of the Fantastic Four and so with them and the Classic Heroic Age figures I willl make a larger display.

I hope that my set comes in alright but I feel it will come in while I am out of state and my wife will get upset. She hates it when I purchase minimates outside of my normal Star Trek collection.

Well, I hope all is going well for the rest of you getting the set.

I got my Disney Store Exclusive Minimate set "The Classic Heroic Age" Set yesterday. I like the Captain America much better in this set than the "Modern" set. Thor is better as well. I am not sure about which Iron Man I like better. But Spiderman is better as classic than he is as a modern.

Hope you are all enjoying your sets if you ordered any or such.

• 1 month later...