UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Disney Store exclusive

groundhog7s

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well crap. I just to order these and the free shipping promo has ended. Can someone pick these up for me at a local store? I have many things to trade or I can Paypal. I just can't spend $45 on 2 boxsets.

Does Disney charge a lot for shipping? They still charged tax when I ordered, so there was no way around that one sadly.

Well crap. I just to order these and the free shipping promo has ended. Can someone pick these up for me at a local store? I have many things to trade or I can Paypal. I just can't spend $45 on 2 boxsets.

I'll be at a mall today and will check for you.

No luck. I called first and they don't carry Marvel yet.

Man, I'm really torn. Thor is nice, but the others are pretty useless. But I also think it's pretty important to support this set so that the Disney Store carries more Minimates. I was willing to spend fifteen bucks on a one-'mate set and take one for the team, but twenty? That's harsh. Especially because you know that these will eventually hit their clearance section. Maybe after the holidays....

It's great to 'support the line', but i think that needs to be done in a way that will help DST know what the fans really want.

I buy the TRU exclusives because i'm keen for new characters. But i don't buy the re-treads because they're not of interest to me.

If you really want Classic Thor, i'd go hunt for him on eBay. Don't show support for something you don't actually have interest in. Besides: DST & Disney will have NO trouble selling this set to the masses, so don't feel bad about not giving your support to this particular box set if you don't really want it.

Edited by Nessex

It's great to 'support the line', but i think that needs to be done in a way that will help DST know what the fans really want.

I buy the TRU exclusives because i'm keen for new characters. But i don't buy the re-treads because they're not of interest to me.

If you really want Classic Thor, i'd go hunt for him on eBay. Don't show support for something you don't actually have interest in. Besides: DST & Disney will have NO trouble selling this set to the masses, so don't feel bad about not giving your support to this particular box set if you don't really want it.

See, in my case I always hoped Thor wouldn't have bulky boots or a chest like the original. So while I was tickled pink when they finally released him like that, I'd always hoped they'd release a less bulky version. That's why I support this set.

The Cap is a nice, colorful update with that cool mask piece.

The Iron Man is a favorite version (I'm all about classic versions of characters). Unlike the Extremis version and the movie one's, he isn't too bulky.

And Spider-Man is one that had to be expected in a set like this... but at least he looks good and has webbing all over, unlike the Heroic Age one that's missing webs on his costume. He's also got the classic spider logo on his chest and a nice, not too stylized set of eyes.

While I'm not too excited about the increased price, it's the only show in town. I'll take it and skip out on X-Force black-and-white foolishness, along with those Age of Apocolypse items 'til they go on discount.

Mine shipped UPS, not USPS.

It says it was delivered today!!! :woot:

Same here. 4 days shipping is pretty fast for UPS!

Mine shipped on Friday, got here (in Canada) this morning! Which is great but kinda crazy...

Also I think this is my new favorite Spidey mate, he looks awesome next to Firestar and Iceman.

Mine shipped on Friday, got here (in Canada) this morning! Which is great but kinda crazy...

Really?! I had mine shipped to a contact in the US thinking I'd get it faster than having it shipped to my home in Ottawa. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Crap! <_<

Best....Minimate....Boxset....Ever! B)

disney01.jpg

disney03.jpg

disney02.jpg

disney04.jpg

disney05w.jpg

disney06.jpg

disney07k.jpg

disney08.jpg

Seriously, an amazing set of 4 classic characters.

The best Thor and Cap to date, with a great classic Spidey and Iron Man thrown in too.

Lots of accessories, and the Iron Man blast effect is a new color of yellow (I think).

Edited by youbastards

On my trip to Xtreme Toys, I checked out the Disney Store too and no luck. When I asked one of the workers if they had it, she said the usual "try online" line. But then she asked me, "do you want a free code for free shipping?" Of course I said yeah so I followed her to the cash register and she gave me a Monopoly money sized card. Promo code seems to be unique (14 digits of random numbers and letters). I only mention this because I believe they ended their free shipping promotion last week so if you are nearby a Disney Store and they don't have the set, try asking for the free shipping code as a backup plan. Expires January 15, 2011 at 11:59pm (time zone?).

One random note: I saw more MU 3.75 Death Archangels at the Disney Store than I did at Xtreme Toys.

Edited by storm 1:08

On my trip to Xtreme Toys, I checked out the Disney Store too and no luck. When I asked one of the workers if they had it, she said the usual "try online" line. But then she asked me, "do you want a free code for free shipping?" Of course I said yeah so I followed her to the cash register and she gave me a Monopoly money sized card. Promo code seems to be unique (14 digits of random numbers and letters). I only mention this because I believe they ended their free shipping promotion last week so if you are nearby a Disney Store and they don't have the set, try asking for the free shipping code as a backup plan. Expires January 15, 2011 at 11:59pm (time zone?).

One random note: I saw more MU 3.75 Death Archangels at the Disney Store than I did at Xtreme Toys.

That's cool that she gave you a free shipping code! :)

youbastards, did you order yours, or did you find it in the store?

Online, the Disney Store in Ann Arbor closed a few years ago. Toledo and Great Lakes Crossing are the only local stores now.

You know that's not a blast effect, it's just Tony's urine filtration system emptying. With as much as he drinks, you know that think has to be working overtime.

That explains all of the bubbles too.