UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Disney Store exclusive

groundhog7s

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that this new Thor looks to be the essential Minimate Thor (based on what I've seen), and given that the Spidey head appears completely new (and completely awesome), I think this set is a no-brainer. But there is another issue that makes this set really desirable to me--Captain America. Yeah, we've had Cap out the wazoo. BUT, there are not many good Caps out there with the cut masks. This cut mask appears to work really well, and seems to be giving us the "regular" version of this Cap: http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php...ended+Animation I like that shade of blue a lot, plus he comes with both the shield back-back strap and the mask that hangs around the back of his head. And a nice, generic face with a hint of a smirk reminiscent of the great wave 5 Cap.

This guy has the potential to be the #2 Cap in my collection. And I've got every #$*%ing one of them.

Given that this new Thor looks to be the essential Minimate Thor (based on what I've seen), and given that the Spidey head appears completely new (and completely awesome), I think this set is a no-brainer. But there is another issue that makes this set really desirable to me--Captain America. Yeah, we've had Cap out the wazoo. BUT, there are not many good Caps out there with the cut masks. This cut mask appears to work really well, and seems to be giving us the "regular" version of this Cap: http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php...ended+Animation I like that shade of blue a lot, plus he comes with both the shield back-back strap and the mask that hangs around the back of his head. And a nice, generic face with a hint of a smirk reminiscent of the great wave 5 Cap.

This guy has the potential to be the #2 Cap in my collection. And I've got every #$*%ing one of them.

I don't think I could've said it any better myself. I'm gonna be thrilled when these come in! *now the long wait*

The Iron Man, even, is my favorite version of the character... so I'm not too bummed to be getting him as an extra.

About the only thing is that price. The shipping code TOYMANIA helps but still... woo, 19.50 a set!

Can I say I'm glad that Disney got this Heroic set and not the one TRU got? I'm not thrilled at the price, but for a first time exclusive they definitely got a great set that seems well received (at least better than it's modern counterpart). Hopefully they'll be on board for more Minimates.

Edit: Worked in IE. I hate IE.

I used to have to use IE for Mattycollector's site to load. They fixed that, so now it just fails to work the same way in every browser.

Edited by karamazov80

nothing at my disney store. they told me they only carry disney products. They had no idea what I was talking about. I thought I was at TRU for a sec.

That is similar to the response I got in my store where they said if they were going to get them it wouldn't be till they reset the displays in the spring!?! I am just glad my wife had other stuff she wanted from the website so I put the set in the cart and let her finish adding what she wanted and place the order. I was a little bummed at the price but everything at Disney store is more than it is other places.

As for the above mentioned Disney store having Tron minimates I think that is one of the best ideas in all of ever!

Just got my shipping notice form Disney. They sent it out via UPS, which is quality for something that ships free of charge.

Just got my shipping notice form Disney. They sent it out via UPS, which is quality for something that ships free of charge.

When did you order yours? Just trying to gauge how long before mine'll ship as I ordered it yesterday.

I think my order was completed around 6:15am (CDT) on Wednesday of this week. So a 36 hour turn-around from order to shipment. Much faster than most other online retailers.

When did you order yours? Just trying to gauge how long before mine'll ship as I ordered it yesterday.

I think my order was completed around 6:15am (CDT) on Wednesday of this week. So a 36 hour turn-around from order to shipment. Much faster than most other online retailers.

Thanks for lettin' me know. I ordered mine yesterday too but it was a little later on in the morning. Hopefully it'll be soon!