UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Disney Store exclusive

groundhog7s

My dear dear friends... if any property would become a mateified from Disney, it's Pirates of the Caribbean. And with On Stranger Tides due next year...

Perhaps the time is, at last, right.

Other than that... well many Disney movies would not require extreme sculpting, especially ones based on the princesses. Except maybe Beast or Little Mermaid. And I'd kick Mickey Mouse in the face for a Beast minimate.

Ah hell, just do Kingdom Hearts and make pretty much everyone happy. Except Emperor's New Groove fans who do not yet have a world for their own. And I want me a Yzma mate.

Are you kidding me?! Getting a Minimate of Llama Kuzco would be hilarious. Bonus points if we get parts to convert him to Emperor Kuzco too!

I still stand by my two dream Disney properties for mateification though: Treasure Planet and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. And maybe throw in The Sword in the Stone and The Great Mouse Detective too.

I repeat:

rocketeer.jpg

This guy please!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear dear friends... if any property would become a mateified from Disney, it's Pirates of the Caribbean. And with On Stranger Tides due next year...

Perhaps the time is, at last, right.

Other than that... well many Disney movies would not require extreme sculpting, especially ones based on the princesses. Except maybe Beast or Little Mermaid. And I'd kick Mickey Mouse in the face for a Beast minimate.

Ah hell, just do Kingdom Hearts and make pretty much everyone happy. Except Emperor's New Groove fans who do not yet have a world for their own. And I want me a Yzma mate.

Are you kidding me?! Getting a Minimate of Llama Kuzco would be hilarious. Bonus points if we get parts to convert him to Emperor Kuzco too!

I still stand by my two dream Disney properties for mateification though: Treasure Planet and Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

In other words the two movies that work for minimates, but are so forgotten that they won't. Just... no. Not happening. However Aladdin, that crap will be happenin'.

And I want me a Yzma mate.

Wait wait, I can do this ...

Name: Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)

Hair/Mask: Wasp (pointy hair, purple sharpie earrings), tape a purple feather/fabric to the top

Head: Stretch Attack Mr. Fantastic

Torso: Captivitiy Six

Torso cover: Black Queen Selene's cape or Classic Mandarin's cape

Arms: Captivitiy Six

Hands: Captivitiy Six

Crotch: Venom

Belt/Leg cover: Marisol (black sharpie belt)

Legs: Captivitiy Six

Feet: Venom

Other:

Name: Yzma (Emperor's New Groove) alt

Hair/Mask: Wasp (pointy hair, purple sharpie earrings), tape a purple feather/fabric to the top

Torso: Raven

Arms: Raven

Hands: Raven

Crotch: Raven

Belt/Leg cover: Raven

Legs: Raven

Feet: Raven

Other:

POTC, Tron, and Rocketeer would be nice and I would buy all of those, but MY ideal Disney property would be The Black Hole!

vincent.jpg

A couple of exclusive boxsets is all you would need:

Set 1:

- V.I.N.CENT

- Dr. Hans Reinhardt

- Dr. Alan Durant

- Capt. Dan Holland

- Robot Drone

Set 2:

- Dr. Kate McRae

- Old B.O.B.

- Harry Booth (we need an Ernest Borgnine 'mate!)

- Lt. Charlie Pizer

- Maximilian

Vincent ,Maximillian & Old Bob from 'The Black Hole' ...........& 'The Rocketeer' ...are all available in kubrick form & don't suffer too much 'kubrickness' .

I do have the Rocketeer Kubrick (it's the only one I own), and I do agree it's pretty nice for a kubrick. But still... it's a kubrick. Placeholder, nothing more.

POTC, Tron, and Rocketeer would be nice and I would buy all of those, but MY ideal Disney property would be The Black Hole!

vincent.jpg

A couple of exclusive boxsets is all you would need:

Set 1:

- V.I.N.CENT

- Dr. Hans Reinhardt

- Dr. Alan Durant

- Capt. Dan Holland

- Robot Drone

Set 2:

- Dr. Kate McRae

- Old B.O.B.

- Harry Booth (we need an Ernest Borgnine 'mate!)

- Lt. Charlie Pizer

- Maximilian

V.I.N.CENT is one of my favorites - I've been trying to find a reasonably priced Mego or Kubrick figure, but that hasn't happened.

I'd really like to see a minimate version.

And I want me a Yzma mate.

Wait wait, I can do this ...

Name: Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)

Torso: Captivitiy Six

Arms: Captivitiy Six

Hands: Captivitiy Six

Crotch: Venom

Belt/Leg cover: Marisol (black sharpie belt)

Legs: Captivitiy Six

Feet: Venom

Other:

Name: Yzma (Emperor's New Groove) alt

Torso: Raven

Arms: Raven

Hands: Raven

Crotch: Raven

Belt/Leg cover: Raven

Legs: Raven

Feet: Raven

Other:

NICE lurch! Thanks! I'll have to give it a shot!

So I went to the Disney Store yesterday to try and see if these were out yet and was reminded of the biggest hurdle this set (and by proxy "Disney Minimates") faces:

DisneyStore has no intention or desire to sell stuff to little boys.

I walked in and the whole store is pink and full of pajamas, as an adult male I felt creepy walking through a store now 85% devoted to getting little girls ready to sleep. I can't image a little boy, even one who's the biggest Spider-man fan in the world would want to wander in to find Spider-man's unless he already knew there were "tiny spider-men sold only at this store" in the store, because heck, if you don't know about the Classic Heroic Age set you might as well go to the Victoria Secret's next to the Disney Store because they're just as likely to be selling Marvel Collectables and the pajamas are little less creepy to be surrounded by.

So I don't know if it's just my Disney store that sucks and there are ones that sell decent and original Phineas and Ferb/Tron/Cars/Pirates/Marvel merchandise you can't get at TRU (because there was not a single "exclusive" at the store anymore) but if my store is the norm this isn't going to be leading to Disney Mates, it will probably lead to clearance pricing though.

On the plus side all this talk of the Disney Store made me wonder if they sold anything cool involving the Beast, long story short: No... but anyway they did have this: http://www.disneystore.com/wedding-dreams-...partial&Dx= I snatched that up as it's something my fiancee and I had wanted but didn't think existed because of Disney's almost refusal to make Beast merchandise (we figured if it did exist it would be Belle and Beast's human form), so at least they made the most important Beast product they could even if a shirt would be nice.

So I went to the Disney Store yesterday to try and see if these were out yet and was reminded of the biggest hurdle this set (and by proxy "Disney Minimates") faces:

DisneyStore has no intention or desire to sell stuff to little boys.

I walked in and the whole store is pink and full of pajamas, as an adult male I felt creepy walking through a store now 85% devoted to getting little girls ready to sleep. I can't image a little boy, even one who's the biggest Spider-man fan in the world would want to wander in to find Spider-man's unless he already knew there were "tiny spider-men sold only at this store" in the store, because heck, if you don't know about the Classic Heroic Age set you might as well go to the Victoria Secret's next to the Disney Store because they're just as likely to be selling Marvel Collectables and the pajamas are little less creepy to be surrounded by.

So I don't know if it's just my Disney store that sucks and there are ones that sell decent and original Phineas and Ferb/Tron/Cars/Pirates/Marvel merchandise you can't get at TRU (because there was not a single "exclusive" at the store anymore) but if my store is the norm this isn't going to be leading to Disney Mates, it will probably lead to clearance pricing though.

On the plus side all this talk of the Disney Store made me wonder if they sold anything cool involving the Beast, long story short: No... but anyway they did have this: http://www.disneystore.com/wedding-dreams-...partial&Dx= I snatched that up as it's something my fiancee and I had wanted but didn't think existed because of Disney's almost refusal to make Beast merchandise (we figured if it did exist it would be Belle and Beast's human form), so at least they made the most important Beast product they could even if a shirt would be nice.

Well, I went in to my Disney store today, and not only did they have a nice display of Marvel items, they had the newest wave of Marvel Universe figures, so I picked up Thanos and the Constrictor (and will hopefully go back for Yellowjacket this week). Not only that, but I asked about the Marvel Heroes box set as I was checking out, and the person that helped me not only knew what I was talking about, but said that they were expecting to have them on Black Friday, if not earlier.

Disney, as a company, is definitely aware that they don't have as large a share of the boy market as they do the girls; that's one of the main reasons they purchased Marvel. I suspect the Disney Store will become a big place for Marvel products in the future.

• 1 month later...

I've been scowering disneystore.com since these were first mentionned and found nothing. This is the first I've seen of these. I even went as far as to e-mail them and inquire when these would be showing up online. This is what they e-mailed me back with:

Dear Eric, Thank you for your email and the chance to help! I am so sorry but the item you requested is not available through DisneyStore.com. The Walt Disney World Resort Guest Services Mail Order Department at: Telephone 407-363-6200 (Please select option 3)Fax 407-352-6369 Address The Walt Disney World ResortP.O. Box 100701700 Buena Vista Dr.Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 Disneyland ResortMerchandise Guest Services Telephone: (800) 362-4533Fax: (714) 781-4236 We hope this information was helpful to you and thank you for your interest in the magic of Disney! Sincerely,Ashley

My local Disney store said they wouldn't be getting Marvel stuff in till next spring (I don't think they knew what they were talking about) but I just hope the website gets these cause my wife wants to order some stuff so I can just add these to her wish list and not feel like I am paying shipping for only one thing.