UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batcave Contents question

Modefan

Off the top of my head I can only think of two or three things....check out the pieces in the MM Central Batcave Review ,check out the instructions which are pretty good & last but not least....if unopened when you got it, the box is pretty tightly packed & if yours isn't then I'd say that unfortunately something's missing.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Thanks - I'll be sure to check that out it's not looking good though :(

Sadly I don't have an unopened set to check which bags it should have.

However you could try to do a quick inventory from the parts list in the instruction manual. I know it wont be perfect if you are doing it still in bags but it should give you a better idea if you have everything.

If you are short send me a PM I have a lot of spare batcave parts and might be able to help you.

T.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the "fix bag" come with super glue? :P

Ha! Super glue and a hammer would help ;)

Not that I'm recommending a competitors blocks, BUT I have found it helpful if you have a similar shaped/sized LEGO block to use for some of the support arches and/or floor pieces that it does hold up better.

• 1 year later...

I thought i'd post this question here rather than on my own Batcave thread, because I wanted to ask a specific question about something actually in the Batcave.

In the original c3 design, at the side of the stairs is a stack of circular bricks which are 4x4 studs in size, stacked on top of them is a selection of smaller circular bricks leading from the bottom floor up to the second floor..

6477905921_8d0cb929f7.jpg

Anyone tell me what these are for? I mean i know they are supposed to be in the Batcave but what exactly are they meant to be?? :blink::confused:

Even back when I had the c3 batcave I couldn't figure out what it was meant to represent.

Rich

This is ,of course,the staircase-landing newel which generally supports the handrail .

Gotham City Building Control Building Regulations (GCBCBR) : Staircases;Spiral;(subsection -caped heroes) section 4 :amendment 3a: states that:

"......all subterranean structures containing a spiral-staircase shall have a handrail conforming to section 8a of the GCBCBR .....under no circumstances will these regulations allow the usage of such a staircase for descending without a handrail . Ascension of the staircase is deemed allowable without a handrail if in the opinion of the GCBCBR Inspection Officer the ascension is ONLY used by caped crusaders or valets with an English accent. The assumption that these regulations are adhered to is based on the honesty of the builder who designs & builds a subterranean structure . Gotham City was unsuccessful in 1984 in its attempt to prosecute a Mr.Arthur Pennyworth for alleged descents of a spiral staircase without a handrail. Pennyworth's attorney successfully argued that the valet was unable to use the normal method of descent....a slippery pole...whilst holding a tray & used cutlery.. & that the alleged misdemeanour took place in a secret lair.............."

I know the C3 cave has always had its detractors, but I have only got my hands on it recently, and along with your rebuild thread, Rich, its made me realise just how appalling the original design is. The colours are an absolute nonsense, there's bits that don't need to be there, bits that should be and aren't.

I know the C3 cave has always had its detractors, but I have only got my hands on it recently, and along with your rebuild thread, Rich, its made me realise just how appalling the original design is. The colours are an absolute nonsense, there's bits that don't need to be there, bits that should be and aren't.

I've actually owned the original c3 Batcave, whilst it was nice to build it, i couldn't always help but think improvements could be made, which is why this time round i opted on a Lego built Cave instead.

So I take it by the responses so far nobody actually knows what it is? :lol: I must admit I can't think what it could possibly be used as or for. :wacko:

Rich

I thinkg it's pretty clear the original design was worked on digitally and with little thought to physics. Why else would some of the heaviest built piece have the least support? Next time my kids are play with ours I'll try to overcome my natural inability to take toy pictures and show how I reworked the lower level supports.

The purple brick upstairs wall make no sense. And while the second floor dressing cabinate is a neat idea, the parts don't fit, and there's no way to sit it on there so it will actually work. What the back side of the elevator platform is for is still a mystery.

Now the Batcomputer rocks hard, and the little study on the top floor is cool.

So there are things that on paper should work, but it's like it was rushed into production before all the bugs were worked out.

I think the little colunm was suppossed to be decoration, like a stalagmite or something. An effect that got completely lost when it ended up being made of transparent blue with the rest of the stairs. With your redesign, Rich, I'd just extend it all the way up to the first floor for additional support.

• 2 months later...

dammit, I just received the C3 Batcave I won on eBay and its missing the 1/F bag. :verymad:

can anyone give me an idea of what is in that bag? I plan to go thru the manual to see whats missing but I'm waiting to open the bags until I hear back from the seller. If the bag just contains parts I can replace easily thru bricklink, I'll just do that since I got the thing pretty cheap and it came with all the minimates.

thanks

Edited by tones