UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Horror Stories

Rheul

This afternoon my wife and I returned from the mall to find a crushed box with a tire track on in in front of our garage door. The mailman leaves packages there when he cant fit them into our mail box. When my wife brought the package to me and I saw where it came from I knew what it was. That package contained my Variant Rachael Summers/Sentinel two pack I'd gotten from a fellow board member in trade. Not knowing it was there, I'd ran it over when we left for the mall. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. I went inside and opened the box. Though the package was crushed and Rachael's chest was imprinted into the plastic shell, the Minimates were fine. In the end, I'm an opener so it really doesn't matter i guess. I was just worried that my mates were ruined. A big thumbs up to the boardie who did a great job packaging and to AA for producing a quality product! Anybody else have an awful story involving Minimates?

mine was last fall. I had gotten back into minimates last summer and I kept all my extra pieces in a giant zip baggie with smaller baggies inside it for the waves and labeled. While in the process of cleaning everything out it somehow must have ended up in the trash, since I never saw it again....sigh....

One of my cats knocked my J. Jonah Jameson minimate off of the shelf and it was later chewed on by one of the cats. I've since replaced it, but it wasn't for quite some time.

Another time I left my custom Thor on a bus trip (this was long before an official one was made) and it somehow went all night without anyone finding it. The next morning, frantic, I was able to get on the bus before anybody else and secure it.

We have an antique upright piano from 1812, and my minimates are displayed on wall shelves above it. When we were having the piano tuned, Vulture fell off my shelf, into the open piano, in-between the hammers and strings, and into the belly of the beast. The person tuning the piano gave us an estimate on what it would cost to remove the parts needed to rescue vulture. It was far beyond what the minimate was worth. I still haven't replaced him.

This afternoon my wife and I returned from the mall to find a crushed box with a tire track on in in front of our garage door. The mailman leaves packages there when he cant fit them into our mail box. When my wife brought the package to me and I saw where it came from I knew what it was. That package contained my Variant Rachael Summers/Sentinel two pack I'd gotten from a fellow board member in trade. Not knowing it was there, I'd ran it over when we left for the mall. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. I went inside and opened the box. Though the package was crushed and Rachael's chest was imprinted into the plastic shell, the Minimates were fine. In the end, I'm an opener so it really doesn't matter i guess. I was just worried that my mates were ruined. A big thumbs up to the boardie who did a great job packaging and to AA for producing a quality product! Anybody else have an awful story involving Minimates?

Anyone considering a trade with Cylonchaney should be aware, I know how to pack! ;)

Only one I can think of is my dog tryed to bury my Manbat Minimate in the garden. I had only just received it, placed it on the table and went to do something else. My girlfriend called me a short while later and asked what this object was (it was the hand wing piece) in the garden. I went to look for the rest of it and there he was in a soil border nothing else missing and no marks on him. That was a surprise in itself as the dog will quite happily crunch most things into dust in seconds.

My Minimates sometimes tell me to do bad things to people. I don't want to disappoint them, but I know that it is wrong to hurt others. But their voices get so loud sometimes. I have to do what I'm told to make the voices stop. I just want to make the voices stop!

the only horror story I can think of is opening up my Booster Gold/Blue Beetle two pack a few years ago and having Beetle's leg break off, this little messup could've been fixed with a quick call to customer service but I was a kid and didn't know any better and to this day I still have a one legged Blue Beetle figure. Oh I also kick myself for passing up the Moonstone/Bullseye pack last year.

Not getting 1st Appearance Angel to go with my 1st Appearance X-Men boxset. because of the variant mix-ups. THAT'S a true horror story.

Seriously though...my blue tinted Iceman's leg breaking at the knee joint... I got a new one, but I cringe thinking how much it costed me to get it.

I had started collecting minimates since the first 5 packs at toys r us and had almost a complete set with variants and all the C3 sets and had just gotten a complete set of series 18 and 19 with variants and the sisko variant star trek pack when i went on a trip to housesit for a friend.while i was gone my former sister didn't bother telling me the man buying my parents house where i was living stopped paying the mortgage and it got sold at auction.the day after the auction the new guy who bought it broke in and threw everything of mine away and let his mexican cleaning crew take all my electronics (including my desktop) and dvds and even let them take over $900 in legos.needless to say i had a box with maybe 15 minimates in it that was in my car and that was all i had left.i was lucky i had my Apocalypse(my favorite) but his hoses were in another box and i lost my archangel variant :(

Edited by Romeo

The time I bought my first Silver Spider-Man off of US ebay........................

.................for convenience & safety I had it sent to a 'friend's' US address with one or two other wins from the same seller .

Via MMMV PM I was informed by my 'friend' that the package had arrived ...............

"What does he look like " I enquired :woot:

"Who?" came the reply

"The Silver Spider-Man ......?" :unsure:

"Silver Spider-Man? Nope.....no Silver Spider-Man in the package .......should there be ?"

I'm generally calm but my sociopathic traits sometimes come to the fore , this was one of those moments. Without further ado I emailed the seller barely concealing my distrust that he hadn't sent the Silver' with the other stuff .....I waited ,seething, for the barrage of lies ,falsehoods & excuses I 'knew' that I would get in his reply.

I was not a happy bunny......Why do people do this to me? I'll get him back somehow..... I'll make sure he regrets the day he f*cked with me.....I'll kill him..... :verymad:

The reply came ....very apologetic but clearly prefabricated untruths ......despicable lies......cruel falsehoods....emphatically claiming that 'silver' was included with the others.

I was f*cking beside myself now with fury & began to organise some plan to remove this sellers genitals for this crass unwarranted act of terrorism against a weak old guy who just loves his toys .....a nice guy...a gentle guy....caring ,friendly......even avuncular.........until f*cking pushed...........now I was going to kill him. I told the guy as much,this was now personal......no more excuses,no more Mr.Nice Guy.

Then came the true horror .

I happened to notice that I had a further PM in my MMMV mailbox . The message had arrived mere minutes after I had initially turned into 'Mr.Hyde' ................

"Rob ,Silver Spider-Man looks great .....heh heh :D "

You know who you are , how do you sleep at night ?

:D

I can sometimes be a twat .

Edited by buttheadsmate

@bhm: Hahaha! That would've freaked me out just as much! Whoever he/she is has a mean sense of humor! :D

One time I just got home from Japan. I'd stuck my Nightwing minimate into the inside pocket of my down jacket. I got home and put it on the couch, then went to dinner... I got back to the couch to spend some more quality time with my (then) favourite minimate, but it just wasn't there. I looked everywhere and spent the next few days searching, looking back and forth and backtracking, but I never found it.

To this day I still miss him. The only thing I have of him to remember is one of his Escrima sticks... :(

Can only think of one:

A few months ago i finally bought a Dark Phoenix set, for a very nice price, MIP and everything, from Amazon. It finally arrived and i tore that sucker open, unable to wait to add a new Jeanie to the collection. I'm usually careful about these things, and got impatient.

Not two second after opening her, the right leg snapped in two at the knee. :( She now sits hot glued on a Phoenix Base and usually goes unplayed with, but man this still upsets me.

It was a dark and stormy night, and I was driving on a lonely desert highway. I saw a Toys R Us sign off to the side of the road, and I decided to pull in. I went straight for the Minimates section and found multiple packs of Bullseye/Moonstone, Warpath/Angel, and Hulkbuster/Gamma Hulk, as well as the mysterious TRU bonus wave with Kang/Songbird, Aunt May/Moira McTaggart, a Wrecking Crew four pack, and Phantom of the Opera/Metaluna Mutant.

I got home and told my friend about it, and he looked confused.

"But that Toys R Us burned down. It's been abandoned for twenty years!"

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Edited by Lobsterman

It was a dark and stormy night, and I was driving on a lonely desert highway. I saw a Toys R Us sign off to the side of the road, and I decided to pull in. I went straight for the Minimates section and found multiple packs of Bullseye/Moonstone, Warpath/Angel, and Hulkbuster/Gamma Hulk, as well as the mysterious TRU bonus wave with Kang/Songbird, Aunt May/Moira McTaggart, a Wrecking Crew four pack, and Phantom of the Opera/Metaluna Mutant.

I got home and told my friend about it, and he looked confused.

"But that Toys R Us burned down. It's been abandoned for twenty years!"

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

LOL! You forgot to mention that when you got home there was a minimate hand still hanging from the door handle of your car.