UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates M.A.X. New Series Review

Lurch77

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Firefighters i'm still not sold on; we don't have Minimate fire!!! (Not including DeLorean trail...) I just feel like, while INCREDIBLY detailed, they don't serve much of a point yet compared to Cops and Soldiers, who can really be there to aid heroes and bust the bad guys; firefighters...aren't really gonna do much than act as custom fodder (great parts and heads!!). I might buy one or two sets...but i'm not feeling it.

Also...why do many Firefighter variations?! i know i said that already in an earlier post...but jeez...

Why do you think there are no fires? it seems to me they are doing a great job in our minimate universe.

I get it, you don't like them. don't buy them then. why do people think they must love and understand every minimate produced?

thanks for the awesome pics lurch, and if i haven't said it before, good to see you back again

ps. i didn't read the rest of the thread before i posted, lurch made my point for me ... with pictures!...

The Firefighters i'm still not sold on; we don't have Minimate fire!!! (Not including DeLorean trail...) I just feel like, while INCREDIBLY detailed, they don't serve much of a point yet compared to Cops and Soldiers, who can really be there to aid heroes and bust the bad guys; firefighters...aren't really gonna do much than act as custom fodder (great parts and heads!!). I might buy one or two sets...but i'm not feeling it.

Also...why do many Firefighter variations?! i know i said that already in an earlier post...but jeez...

Why do you think there are no fires? it seems to me they are doing a great job in our minimate universe.

I get it, you don't like them. don't buy them then. why do people think they must love and understand every minimate produced?

thanks for the awesome pics lurch, and if i haven't said it before, good to see you back again

ps. i didn't read the rest of the thread before i posted, lurch made my point for me ... with pictures!...

...Just voicing my opinion as to why i don't; call me crazy, but i think that comes across a lot better than just "i don't like them." ;) Besides that, i DID say they look nice and DST did a great job on them. I'm just gonna stick to soldiers and cops.

Also, Lurch, you're Torch pic did make me chuckle. :lol:

Wow, these turned out really well. When they were first announced I was just hoping for some decent custom fodder, but I'm actually looking forward to buying these. The design that's gone into these is impressive; I love that they are playing up the interchangiblity of Minimates, which is the thing that separates 'mates from every other toy on the block (no pun intended).

I agree that the lack of diversity so far is disappointing. This isn't a problem for most of us here at the MM, since we've got plenty of extra heads and hands laying around to make black cops and lady firefighters, but it does limit the amount of play possibilities for kids. I hope that we'll see some other faces and body types as these continue.

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to getting one of those gas masks so that I can finally finish my Sandman Mystery Theater custom! :thumbsup:

Whoa, thanks for all of that Lurch. These look like great fun.

On the downside, I have no idea how I'm going to catalog these in the database. I think I can work through the basic figure duplication, but I don't know how I'll be able to show how the different looks associate with different packages. It's too bad they don't have specific names either. "Firefighter Chief" isn't as interesting as "Chief Ned Nederlander" or "Sergeant Alex Murphy".

Still looking forward to picking them up nonetheless.

Heh. As Lurch's initial posts opened up, with the descriptions and images spreading across the screen, my first thought was: "Good luck databasing this, Ivan!"

After taking a second look at the packaging, I think the "gear up" snipe is a very clever move. They're pushing the accessories angle, showing off how interchangeable and customizable Minimates are. Not quite as DIY as Lego, but a bit more dynamic than your average action figure. I wonder how well that will work as a unique selling proposition for the line.

Seriously .....these are outstanding & any negative comments I've made about the Max line are regarding the vehicles*. If they don't sell well I'll be surprised very surprised but I won't be surprised if very soon we might see some 'Western' Minimates ! How politically correct is it these days in the US for Cowboys to be fighting Red Indians ? Like I said I'm serious .....I don't know. There can't be many kids that haven't set their Cowboys up against the Sioux,Cheyenne & Apache hordes & even I might drag a few out of their packages to have a re-enactment of a 'homestead attack' or 'river crossing ambush'. I'm getting quite excited just thinking about it.

*Max vehicles of Stage-coaches .....Wagon Trains...........Western Rail Road Trains :woot:

..... maybe a War Wagon :D Probably the saddest theme tune in movie history ........be warned this is more irritating than me ........

So, can anyone tell the difference between the TRU exclusives reviewed by Lurh and the regular ones shown on the AA blog? They look identical to me. I am really excited about these and intend to get at least one of each, possibly more of the cops and special ops.

This just hit me. 4 firefighter sets? 8 firefighters? Seriously? I hope they're done with them now. I don't ever want to see firefighters again once this wave is over.

Next up: BATTLE DAMAGED FIREFIGHTERS!!!!

So, can anyone tell the difference between the TRU exclusives reviewed by Lurh and the regular ones shown on the AA blog? They look identical to me. I am really excited about these and intend to get at least one of each, possibly more of the cops and special ops.

I was under the impression that these were TRU exclusives.

So, can anyone tell the difference between the TRU exclusives reviewed by Lurch and the regular ones shown on the AA blog? They look identical to me. I am really excited about these and intend to get at least one of each, possibly more of the cops and special ops.

Honestly I can't tell a difference in the figures either. The only difference I see is mine have the TRU exclusive logo sticker on each of the packages.