UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates M.A.X. New Series Review

Lurch77

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, thanks for all of that Lurch. These look like great fun.

On the downside, I have no idea how I'm going to catalog these in the database. I think I can work through the basic figure duplication, but I don't know how I'll be able to show how the different looks associate with different packages. It's too bad they don't have specific names either. "Firefighter Chief" isn't as interesting as "Chief Ned Nederlander" or "Sergeant Alex Murphy".

Still looking forward to picking them up nonetheless.

some of these look wonderful... can't wait to get hold of them. although... one proper uniform cop per pack? thats a real shame, how much extra could it really have cost to stick an extra chest detail on the second block, really?

On the downside, I have no idea how I'm going to catalog these in the database. I think I can work through the basic figure duplication, but I don't know how I'll be able to show how the different looks associate with different packages. It's too bad they don't have specific names either. "Firefighter Chief" isn't as interesting as "Chief Ned Nederlander" or "Sergeant Alex Murphy".

I think you've just volunteered to name them, Ivan.

Fire Chief Ned Nederlander it is. :biggrin:

well, they're all 'Elite Heroes', so that could well be the new 'line' e.g. Marvel, BSG, etc. andd due to the pairs having the same hair and faces, each set could be considered one single figure, with various 'alts'.... so the Fire Fighters set, is simply the Fire Fighter figure

...hope that helps in some way

i need to donate my WoW to these there amazing and if this is just round one these things are going to be a huge hit I know i want lots!! My brain is already in overdrive with what i can do with all these goodies!

I liked these MAX figures. I can't wait to get all Firefighter figures as my family as been involved in Firefighting for years. I will get the police and special forces as well. I too wish there was a Female in the any of the set as well as an African-American or an Asian. We need more ethnic diversity in minimates. I will be looking for the pirates collection as well. I wish they would do a set of civilians so the DC and Marvel mates can protect someone.

Never have seen the mates that were reportedly to honor Father's day. Guess they were a bust.

Thank you for sharing and look forward to collecting them.

Damn...i hate that the Cop set has only one Minimate with detail on the chestblock...that's depressing; i was hoping for all normal Cops, since we already have T2 SWAT guys...oh well, small gripe. I'll have to deal; they look amazing either way.

Special Ops sets are now a must-buy; i picture them as being Ultimate-Universe SHIELD secret-soldiers that accompany the Ultimates/Ult Avengers on missions. Hell, my Pilot is already a SHIELD Pilot, with my quick-custom "Renegade" Nick Fury. They look fantastic, armored or not, and i am gonna blow a fortune on them, even more than the cops which is very surprising.

The Firefighters i'm still not sold on; we don't have Minimate fire!!! (Not including DeLorean trail...) I just feel like, while INCREDIBLY detailed, they don't serve much of a point yet compared to Cops and Soldiers, who can really be there to aid heroes and bust the bad guys; firefighters...aren't really gonna do much than act as custom fodder (great parts and heads!!). I might buy one or two sets...but i'm not feeling it.

Also...why do many Firefighter variations?! i know i said that already in an earlier post...but jeez...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face