Minimates M.A.X. New Series Review

Lurch77

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to t.r.us this morning and all 4 sets are availible now

Edited by eclipse

It was a pleasant surprise to see these at my local TRU today. I hadn't been checking the Multiverse lately, so I didn't know what the pack out ratio was. I did look through them and it appeared to be a full case on the pegs. I didn't realize there were "1 per case" sets until I started looking through them for potential QC issues. I was able to get one of each set including the two Chief sets. Glad to hear that I picked them up since they come with the additional clear torso.

I'll open these up tonight and see what I think.

My TRU is further behind than usual as they don't have these sets or the Cap set (I got that one online thought so that's ok) I don't want to pay shipping for these I want to see them in person and pick the ones I like best since I won't be getting them all.

My TRU is further behind than usual as they don't have these sets or the Cap set (I got that one online thought so that's ok) I don't want to pay shipping for these I want to see them in person and pick the ones I like best since I won't be getting them all.

If you are a smaller level toysrus store, they might not get the Cap sets. My closest TRU didn't get them, and won't get them in. They carry all the other minimates too, including the MAX Heroes. I know because they checked the computer, warehouse is now empty with no more Cap 4packs on order and the 3 larger stores in my area (but both 30 plus minute drives away) each had one case come in.

I used the swat gear and Agent Zero's head for an easy Glenn (The Walking Dead) custom. If only we had state police to accompany the police like smoke jumpers compliment the firemen, i would have an easy Rick.

Great pictures ;) Seeing those firefighters with their braces (suspenders) brought me one step closer to my absolute Minimate grail ............pity they are blue T-shirts rather than white long -sleeved .

Hopefully I'll viddy 'them' one day.

the one in the back (with picard head) has long sleeves you get a spare set with the police set.

And I have to mention that the firemen allowed me to finally complete a custom I've been wanting to do for ages. I cut the gasmask off one, glued it to the Question's hat (with the hair removed, which was a bitch-- don't recommend it), and voila-- Wesley Dodds in his Sandman Mystery Theater look! Well, with a few other parts, of course.

You mean like this? When I entered that contest I assumed no one else knew who he was.

My local stores just got these in a few days ago, and they're great! I haven't had a chance to fill out the ranks from my extras box, but I'm hoping the BSG dress uniform blue is a pretty close match for the officers.

I don't recall... are we going to see some ambulance/EMT folks as well?

Great pictures ;) Seeing those firefighters with their braces (suspenders) brought me one step closer to my absolute Minimate grail ............pity they are blue T-shirts rather than white long -sleeved .

Hopefully I'll viddy 'them' one day.

Wanting to make Alex and his Droogies, mayhaps?

I don't recall... are we going to see some ambulance/EMT folks as well?

No official announcement yet to my knowledge... though given the the MEDIVAC-ish appearance of the helicopter from last Toy Fair and the prime opportunity to re-release this, you'll never know ;)

My t.r.us got them in today I must say these things are great lovin them and I'm already thinking of series two man I hope these do awsome

Found these guys at TRU Friday morning and bought two of the Police sets and one Special Ops. They didn't have any Firefighters oddly enough on the shelf.

Basically the only things I have to complain about is one of my Special Ops has two right arms and missing a gun holster, and the same faces used on the figures. Come on DST, mix it up a little and give us some diversity. Women, Asian, Black, Hispanic, etc... I switched out the heads of most of them with spare minimates I had like others I see have done to theirs in the meantime.

I hope to see more of the vehicles like what we were shown at events soon too.

Thanks for that info, Luke. I had considered ordering extras from the site, as the ones around me have all been picked over.

The extra pieces are great to get. Having purchased one set, plus 1 extra of each of the police/ops set, I was easily able to use parts from the fodder-box to turn 16 figures into 26. The biggest deterrent to using non-caucasian parts comes from where the neck is painted caucasian. I found, though, that Captain Sisko's head (bald, goatee) looks good on the special ops mate.

Yeah, I'll confirm that also. What was supposed to be 6 each of the fighters and jumpers was actually 3 fighters and 3 chiefs and 4 jumpers and 2 chiefs. That's poor QC.

edit-Actually, I don't think it all their fault-the UPC numbers are the same, so they probably didn't realize there was a difference and probably treat it like a variant. :rolleyes:

Edited by groundhog7s

Went back to TRU Sunday morning and they had the Firefighters on the shelf now. Both versions. Is there really any major difference between the Fire Chief versions and the regular ones outside of the different colored helmets? I'm not seeing any.