UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mutants 4 Pack Press Photos

DaveOMac

Great news 2 days in a row! AFX just posted photos on their Facebook of the new figures. Interesting news is that they actual recommend buying 2 sets since there are normal heads of Rahne and bobby that they say to put on Sam and X'ian's body.

Here's the link for their Facebook and the article I wrote for my web site.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Action-Figur...ss/166601910677

http://crimsonmonkey.com/news/nycc-2010-ne...imates-box-set/

I love finding these in the morning on twitter, great weekend.

Edited by DaveOMac

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look great! Definitely buying multiple sets for the change out costume variations.

Just wish they had a better plan for Cannonball's blast effect. I was really hoping for a new piece, or maybe the Slimer trap effect molded in orange...

4 never before released chracters in one box, that doesn't happen very often.

Edited by youbastards

These are looking better than i expected based on the previous preview images.

I still think Sunspot is too yellow - but that's an easy fix. A little black sharpie ought to do the trick. The extra heads go a long way to making this set more likable. Although - i think i'm gonna want 2 of these sets now to display the spare heads. And possibly a 3rd set for customs. LOL.

Damn you, DST - you really know how to wring the money out of me.

EDIT: I'm REALLY happy with Karma's face in these new pics. She doesn't looked squashed anymore and i'm pleased with how Vietnamese she looks. I thought AA/DST held back on the 'asian-ness' when they made Psylocke (She really didn't look very Japanese!) - so this is a vast improvement.

Edited by Nessex

These are looking better than i expected based on the previous preview images.

I still think Sunspot is too yellow - but that's an easy fix. A little black sharpie ought to do the trick. The extra heads go a long way to making this set more likable. Although - i think i'm gonna want 2 of these sets now to display the spare heads. And possibly a 3rd set for customs. LOL.

Damn you, DST - you really know how to wring the money out of me.

EDIT: I'm REALLY happy with Karma's face in these new pics. She doesn't looked squashed anymore and i'm pleased with how Vietnamese she looks. I thought AA/DST held back on the 'asian-ness' when they made Psylocke (She really didn't look very Japanese!) - so this is a vast improvement.

I feel; the same way, I need at least two but more than likely 3. Very Clever AA, very cleaver.

this set looks way better then I had hoped, and the extra heads are an awesome touch...gonna need to get a spare wolfman to give Wolfsbane some better hands and feet....and the translucent bobby gives me hope that the AoA sunfire will also get the translucent treatment

Jeff of the Miniacs

Love this set! Love the extra heads included. Love the better looking Karma face. Hate those unneccessary X belts. A simple paint job and decal would suffice. The NMs are suppose to be kids and hence they shouldn't have those annoying belt accessories to make 'em taller...IMO.

I agree the blast effect looks off. Been a while since I read the trades, but don't Cannonball's legs disappear when he's blasting around?

Since I'm not too bothered in 3/4 of the set, I'm happy to hear you guys will be buying doubles -- hopefully that'll mean it won't be too difficult to score a wolfy Rahne from the Wants/Haves thread :)

Edited by battlecat

Damn, I'm in the "need extra sets" boat on this one too.

I'm just gonna say this now: I don't like the two 'normal' figures in this set, but I really like Sunspot (Kirby Dots on a clear minimate! NEATO SKEETO!) and Wolfsbane (have no clue who she is other then she was used twice on X-Evo when Wolverine wasn't around and they needed a tracker, but a nude Wolf girl would look pretty funny with the Universal Monsters) so I'll be looking to unload the other two, if someone wants both versions but doesn't want to but two whole sets I'll be willing to help.

Damn, I'm in the "need extra sets" boat on this one too.

I'm just gonna say this now: I don't like the two 'normal' figures in this set, but I really like Sunspot (Kirby Dots on a clear minimate! NEATO SKEETO!) and Wolfsbane (have no clue who she is other then she was used twice on X-Evo when Wolverine wasn't around and they needed a tracker, but a nude Wolf girl would look pretty funny with the Universal Monsters) so I'll be looking to unload the other two, if someone wants both versions but doesn't want to but two whole sets I'll be willing to help.

PM Sent. :lol:

i think i will take the extra Rahne costume and head and put AOA Magneto's extra hair on it, paint it black for a quick Dani Moonstar custom.

Edited by mrjasontodd

That's a great idea. So great, in fact, that it makes me a little wary of cracking open my spare Defenders set lest DST release her using that very hairpiece in an upcoming wave...

Don't forget the belt and boots, though. My plan was (is?) to use the cuffed boots, paint them tan, and use a repainted Black Widow belt (in stunning turquoise) for her unique Native American look.

.................. her unique Native American look.

Deleted.

buttheadsmate's post has been removed due to his insensitive references to the the indigenous people of North America . Remarks like "...& I guess 'dead' would be about right :D " ......... are not at all funny & undermine the true story of what really happened in early American history & should be treated with contempt . Bad form bhm,very bad form :angry:

Edited by buttheadsmate