UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
And yes, I'd buy one if only to get green mini-skirt Marvel Girl).
Just used Dooms.

The new TRU F4 doom has a particulrly short green skirt. I'm giving serious though to using it for a Marvel-Pool custom.

http://nerdiest-kids.com/wp-content/upload...10/deadpool.jpg

I know some kids here have made this cutom already - but i never felt the shirts were short enough. :biggrin:

Babk on Topic: So - no images in previews this month, eh?

I speak from a vantage point of what DST will give us. Captain Britain was hardly a good seller if ebay is to be believed but it would be almost inconceivable to miss him out....Avengers #1 without Thor ....blah blah blah. Juggs has too much in common with Hulkbuster which may or may not go for or against him.Nightcrawler ,not my favourite character & a terrible Minimate IMO (Sorry!) .....everybody else seems to like him so I guess it's about time. Colossus ( his spelling scares me) has never been nailed as a character & ought to be in as does the Mimic but I could care less about the modern looking Mimic I want the original with Angel's wings. Angel's wings & the Mimic may be DST's way out of the Angel farce later on up the road but that's just a Longshot.

So.....in conclusion......I haven't a clue :blush:

edit: Meggan seems likeliest.....whoopey doo.

I see that the Excalibur set has been confirmed.

I was disappointed that the Excalibur set wasn't solicited in this month's Previews, but seeing the pics at NYCC confirms it!

I was wondering who would be the 3rd and 4th MM in the set, since we assumed Nightcrawler and Meggan were included. I'm happy with Juggernaut, but I don't really get the reason to include another Captain Britain.

Also, can anyone tell if Widget is included?

I dont kno much about Excaliber but..between that juggernaught & nightcrawler, i want this set yesterday!

Same here. I already have Rachel and if I'm going to have Megan and Capt. B. I may as well go back and eBay Shadowcat since I passed on her at retail. Should have just grabbed her at NYCC when I had her in hand... Grrrrrr...

I dont kno much about Excaliber but..between that juggernaught & nightcrawler, i want this set yesterday!

Same here. I already have Rachel and if I'm going to have Megan and Capt. B. I may as well go back and eBay Shadowcat since I passed on her at retail. Should have just grabbed her at NYCC when I had her in hand... Grrrrrr...

This is what I JUST did the other day, for the same reason. LMAO!

The recent glut of early '90s X-Men, X-Force, and Excalibur 'mates also led me to get the Jim Lee wall poster featuring EVERYONE. For about 20 bucks, it was a steal. But now it'll cost 200 to frame it.

Hmmm... time to look into less expensive options...

If we could get a 90s Colossus, both the X-Men and Excalibur teams of the 90s would be complete and all that would be left to finish is X-Force (which has Shatterstar and Cannonball coming to add to that) and X-Factor (which we haven't had anyone made yet from)

If we could get a 90s Colossus, both the X-Men and Excalibur teams of the 90s would be complete and all that would be left to finish is X-Force (which has Shatterstar and Cannonball coming to add to that) and X-Factor (which we haven't had anyone made yet from)

Hopefully we get Boom Boom to complete the classic X-Force lineup

and yeah once we get the X-Factor 'mates the Jim Lee poster will be complete!

Now that we've seen that a proper Juggernaut, a redone Colossus is high on my must list. As is Strong Guy

Edited by CaptainChunk

and X-Factor (which we haven't had anyone made yet from)

Soon . . . my precious. . . . soon.

What is this? Do you know something or are you just hopeful?

So, thinking about it, we've already gotten everyone from X-Factor but Strong Guy. Not in their X-Factor uniforms, of course. With all of these bulked-up characters we've been seeing lately, hopefully Strong Guy won't be far behind.

Not just Boom-Boom. X-Force would still be missing Rictor & Siryn. And a 90's Sunspot (make him depowered with his 90's suit, include a shorter translucent "powered up" hairpiece, and you can combine him with the New Mutants one).

X-Men would still be missing 90's Banshee & Forge.

And, 90's X-Factor is my most wanted set of Minimates. They were the only full team that I ever customized.

They wouldn't even have to give Jamie a trenchcoat, as we could just give him the one the modern Madroxes came with ourselves, if we wanted. Reuse Feral's hair & 90's Beast's hands & feet for Rahne, 90's Jean's hair for Lorna, Gambit's hair & I'm sure there's a jacket out there that can be used for Alex. Thanks to the new Juggernaut, Guido would be the only one who would really need a new part - his hair curl (do something like Daken & Storm's mohawks). We already have Quicksilver. Val Cooper would be nice, but I don't see her existing in even a boxed set. She can be pieced together from existing parts (like I already did).

Wave 38:

90's Havok & 90's Polaris

90's Strong Guy & 90's Wolfsbane

90's Mr. Sinister & 90's Multiple Man

AoA Mr. Sinister & 90's Multiple Man

Boom. Team done, and not only with their arch-villain, but a highly requested one, too. And a variant to compliment the NYCC boxed sets.

No need to pay me, DST.

I'll even pay you to get those Minimates.

By buying them.

I can't afford to bribe. :lol:

And, 90's X-Factor is my most wanted set of Minimates. They were the only full team that I ever customized.

They wouldn't even have to give Jamie a trenchcoat, as we could just give him the one the modern Madroxes came with ourselves, if we wanted. Reuse Feral's hair & 90's Beast's hands & feet for Rahne, 90's Jean's hair for Lorna, Gambit's hair & I'm sure there's a jacket out there that can be used for Alex. Thanks to the new Juggernaut, Guido would be the only one who would really need a new part - his hair curl (do something like Daken & Storm's mohawks). We already have Quicksilver. Val Cooper would be nice, but I don't see her existing in even a boxed set. She can be pieced together from existing parts (like I already did).

Wave 38:

Boom. Team done, and not only with their arch-villain, but a highly requested one, too. And a variant to compliment the NYCC boxed sets.

This is more likely to emerge as a Box Set with Havok, Polaris, Wolfsbane and Strong Guy, I'd think. You're right that it wouldn't require a lot of new parts and there really aren't a lot of potential accessories for these characters. I'd like to see extra parts to do a non-wolfed out Rahne. For Guido, I'd go with a sculpted head like Hannibal Lecter's rather than a curl hairpiece. This way we'd get sculpted goggles and the curl with a head that compliments his size. Basic energy effects and a flight stand for Lorna, maybe some energy rings that attach to Havok's wrists? Something glow in the dark would rock and could be used with the original Havok as well.

Follow this up with a Multiple Man/Sinister 2-pack in a follow-up wave so you can more easily army build and we're golden. And the idea of having AoA Sinister as the variant is shear brilliance!

Wave 38:

You, Sir, Are a genius! Make this happen DST!

Edited by Nessex