UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

Awesome! For sure Nightcrawler will be part of this set. I hope they slim him down by NOT using the chest cover they did with the original. A fencing sword or even a pirate cutlass would make a great accessory for him. Oooh and he definitly needs a "BAMF" base.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's great news! I never read the latter day Excalibur, but the Davis stuff are teriffic comics. It's almost too bad that they've done so many of these characters already, because other then Meggan, I don't know how many characters are needed. I'm betting we get the redesigned Captain Britain, and a new Nightcrawler. I would really, really love the Black Knight, though I'd be disappointed if he's in anything but his classic costume. What did he wear in Excalibur?

Awesome! For sure Nightcrawler will be part of this set. I hope they slim him down by NOT using the chest cover they did with the original. A fencing sword or even a pirate cutlass would make a great accessory for him. Oooh and he definitly needs a "BAMF" base.

I'm guessing they might use the wave 28 Wolverine shoulder fins for Nightcrawler, like they did with Feral in the X-Force box set. A fencing sword & "BAMF" base would be great accessories.

Diamond Select Toys’ Halo Minimates Series 2 and Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Sets

You guys realize it says box sets, right?

I'm actually surprised no one mentioned the pink hippo in the room. But you guys do realize that minimates have fallen into the category of apparel, right?

Heading = "October’s PREVIEWS Exclusive Apparel" :ermm:

Lol ok, i thought they its halo minimates series 2. and than marvel box sets

What pink hippo???? *total confusion* @.@

apparel means clothing, right?

my english is getting rusty

Please, please let Meggan, Colossus, and Nightcrawler be in this set. They'll match perfectly with the rest of the 90s X-Men characters...

X-Men_JimLee_DoorPoster.jpg

And plus it would also complete two teams... X-Men and Excalibur... Leaving only X-Force and X-Factor to go.

Please, please let Meggan, Colossus, and Nightcrawler be in this set. They'll match perfectly with the rest of the 90s X-Men characters...

X-Men_JimLee_DoorPoster.jpg

And plus it would also complete two teams... X-Men and Excalibur... Leaving only X-Force and X-Factor to go.

Colossus WOULD be a pretty brilliant move... I was just commenting on the fact that we haven't gotten the 90's look updated recently, and now they could use the new bulked out body, too. Or some variation on it.

::drools::

When I was a youngster, I used to have that poster in my room. It was HUGE. I also had a great Art Adams X-Men poster that I kept. Pretty sure I junked the Jim Lee one.

Weird how the two wolf-persons (Feral and Wolfsbane?) are apparently fighting each other while Nightcrawler points and laughs at Feral. Maybe that was a knock at Liefeld by Lee? Maybe the big, sucky X-Factor guy stopping up Cable's gun is another knock.

Edited by karamazov80

Colossus WOULD be a pretty brilliant move... I was just commenting on the fact that we haven't gotten the 90's look updated recently, and now they could use the new bulked out body, too. Or some variation on it.

::drools::

Colossus would be good. But I don't know if I would want a powerhouse chest on Colossus with the Hulk sock'em bopper hands. Maybe if they did something similar to Nightcrawler's chest/vest piece. That piece didn't make Nightcrawler seem too bulked up. The problem will always be the arm proportions like the Hulk.

I'm just now seeing this thread! Wow, this is AWESOME news!

OK, so Nightcrawler and Meggan are pretty much a lock, right? What about Kylun, Cerise, and Widget? Or will they go with a later version of Excalibur? I'm only familiar with the original series and loved it as a kid.

Can't wait to see what the lineup is and how these look! Also, I wonder if there will be a TRU set that will go with this boxed set.

Maybe the big, sucky X-Factor guy stopping up Cable's gun is another knock.

Sucky X-Factor guy? Surely you don't mean Strong Guy? Me and you is gonna have a falling out Mr Karamazov! ;)

Guido's a great character, went from being a background meathead to an essential non-sucky X-factor guy. Peter David used to give him some great Bwah Hah hah moments. It's funny I was just looking at that poster and wondering how DST would ever carry off a Strong Guy Minimate. They'd have to do something akin to Hulkbuster Iron-Man with tons of add on pieces. Now I've thought about it, I want to see it.

Sucky X-Factor guy? Surely you don't mean Strong Guy? Me and you is gonna have a falling out Mr Karamazov! ;)

I should probably re-read those old X-Factors now that I'm not 12 years old. Maybe I would have new-found appreciation. I surely thought Guy Gardner was a horrible, unlikable character as a kid, because I was too young to understand what the writers were doing with him.

Maybe the big, sucky X-Factor guy stopping up Cable's gun is another knock.

Guido's a great character, went from being a background meathead to an essential non-sucky X-factor guy. Peter David used to give him some great Bwah Hah hah moments. It's funny I was just looking at that poster and wondering how DST would ever carry off a Strong Guy Minimate. They'd have to do something akin to Hulkbuster Iron-Man with tons of add on pieces. Now I've thought about it, I want to see it.

Not sure how DST would handle him, but Shamrock did a great job!

strongguy.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I should probably re-read those old X-Factors now that I'm not 12 years old.

X-Factor was one of the better X-Books back in the 90's... That is, when it wasn't crossing over with every other X-Book on the market.

Can't wait, I want to order both of these. :P 2 Questions: Is this previews issue out yet? And are there any pictures of either of these sets?

I've been hunting online almost daily for images or even just a line-up - can't find anything yet.

Most X-cellent news!

I agree that Nightcrawler and Meggan are a lock! I'm hoping for her green costume and Nightcrawler's classic look with a rapier and his streamlined Alan Davis costume under the original pointy shoulder chest piece. Of course... I also assumed that Cannonball was a necessity for the X-Force set and we got another Cable and Deadpool instead!

As for the other two... I'm not feeling a need for Kitty, Cap'n Britain or Rachel in any form. I'd prefer to see Cerise or Kylun but Pete Wisdom is more likely (and an easy one to do with existing parts).

I'd really like to see a villain included! Maybe Saturnyne, Gatecrasher, one of the Warwolves (how cool would that be!) or even Roma. Sadly, Excalibur lacked any iconic/defining/lasting villains. Given that, I'd be 100% okay if they slipped in an updated Juggernaut (which would increase the sales appeal of the set).

Also... since this set will likely require little in the way of newly sculpted parts for Meggan, Kurt and Pete Wisdom (even Kylun and Cerise would only need new hairpieces, I think) I'd hope to see some cool accessories such as...

- A rapier and translucent BAMF effect for Nightcrawler.

- Add-ons for Meggan that give her a feral appearance (a second wolf-like face, a Wolvie hairpiece, Black Bolt's or Man-Bat's wings... to approximate her original look.

- Hotknives for Pete Wisdom similar to Psylocke and Gambit's energy effects.

- Red translucent weapons, flight base and a shield for Cerise.

This, please.