UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked fairly much the same in Excalibur too. . . . though always smoking a cigarette.

Did his hands actually change shape in MI:13, or are the Deathstrike hands just a way of showing his 'Hot Blades' power?

He looked fairly much the same in Excalibur too. . . . though always smoking a cigarette.

Did his hands actually change shape in MI:13, or are the Deathstrike hands just a way of showing his 'Hot Blades' power?

Yeah. I can't find a picture to illustrate it, but they appeared to grow in size, so I thought it would be a nice way to make him more then just a guy in a suit. MI-13, by the way, was a great book, and well worth checking out. Paul Cornell's one of the better writers in comics these days.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you beleive that this minimate and a heroclix are pretty much all the Meggan mechandise ever.

i'm disappointed, but not entirely surprised. As a female who has mostly only appeared in a lower-tier x-related title ans Cap B, her odds of having ever been into a ToyBiz 5" X-Men toy or a Marvel Legend etc . . . were pretty slim.

This is one of the reasons i'm loving AA/DST Minimates . . . it's looking like it will end up being the most complete catalogue of characters in the one format.

Maybe even a Moira MacTaggart.

shrugshoulders.gif

You will have to settle for the inevitable Rose Byrne :wub: minimate from the X-movie. The only way we seem to get civilians.

Edited by Onyx_6

I'm so stoked to see the original line-up represented in full.
I know that's the original original line-up, but I'd still like to see Cerise, Feron, Kylun, Micromax and Widget. Maybe even a Moira MacTaggart.

I was REALLY hoping we'd see Kylun or Moira in this set, and given that we had already gotten Cap B, Shadowcat & Rachel . . . i let myself get my hopes up a little that we might actually see one of them.

I wasn't counting on another Cap B or Juggernaut showing up. AND unfortunately, i don't think that Cerise, Feron, Kylun, Micromax or Widget are ever going to make it into a 2-pack :(, so it looks like a job for the customizers here to fill in the gaps :P

• 3 weeks later...
We want our Meggans AA :lol:

Can not agree enough! I've been campaigning for Meggan since way back.

I'm keen to see how the new Nightcrawler looks in person too. . . the previews shot didn't look so hot. Not terrible, but not perfect. Still - i'm holding judgement till the actual product comes out. Here's hoping it gets here soon.

Please.

Well, since you said please...

post-1943-1290212244_thumb.jpg

Please remember that he's based on the :captainbritain: and MI:13 version of the character (which is the only one I'm familiar with), so if he doesn't jibe with an earlier version... tough. Here he is with normal hands:

post-1943-1290212305_thumb.jpg

And here's the formula again:

-T2 Motorcycle cop head

-DCD Nightwing hair

-any suit body

-Lady Deathstrike hands, for the full effect

I always wanted to use that Captain Britain emoticon!

Using Lady Deathstrikes hands was a good idea, although to give it a plasma effect you could use the Washington Square Ghost from the GB TRU pack it comes with cuffs and they're the same hands except they're the orange clear plastic. It's an almost perfect match to that picture.

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/img/p/e/Pete_Wisdom.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would say thats a new base not a recoloured flight blast. My reasoning is that looking at the bobbles on it all the flight bases upto now have been packed base (bobbles) on the horizontal with the blast running vertical.

This base has the bobbles running vertical which would mean if it was a flight stand as we have already seen them the blast would be poking out of the front of the box.

The colouring has me a bit stumped as it looks pinkish and I have already thought of Nightcrawler's Bamf as a much darker closer to purple shade.

I know nothing of Meggan and her power set does any of here powers manifest as a pinky colour?

It's good to see that DST have gone all out on the detailing with these ......Captain Britain with ears is a nice touch :rolleyes:

If you zoom in on the third packaging picture (side-view),to the right of Jugs you can read the words "According to the guide-book they're Britain's greatest heroes............ although not on sale there" .

Is Jugs' left upper arm different from the right?

It's good to see that DST have gone all out on the detailing with these ......Captain Britain with ears is a nice touch :rolleyes:

If you zoom in on the third packaging picture (side-view),to the right of Jugs you can read the words "According to the guide-book they're Britain's greatest heroes............ although not on sale there" .

Is Jugs' left upper arm different from the right?

the shoulder peice just slid down making it look odd.

i think that the stand next to nightcrawler is an ironman one but anyone notice the trey inbetween captain britain and juggy?