UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

Since I came on the 'Mates scene a couple of years ago, I missed out on Nightcrawler so I'm glad he is being included in this set. Not sure about getting Captain Britain again just after getting the Cap from the two pack with Shadowcat pretty recently but it makes sense. Glad Meggan is in the set cause the original team wouldn't be complete without her. Glad the Juggernaut is in the set too cause he looks way better than the original, and I missed out on the original too so this update is much appreciated.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look better than in-person!! How did that happen?!?!

They looked amazing at NYCC, but wow. I wasn't even this in-awe when i saw them in the case; Meggan looked amazing, not nearly half as good as this. I guess that's all for lighting and whatnot??

They look incredible, and Meggan is by far the standout; if anything, i'm buying it just for her. While i'm all for the "more sculpting" side to Minimates, it is absolutely incredible how great a basic Minimate can be done with the right colors and parts.

I hope nothing gets lost in translation. These are amazing, and might be my vote for Boxset of the Year :)

I feel the same way. I think that Meggan didn't have that hair piece yet and NYCC, but I'm sure that Juggy didn't have the thigh piece. I like that, though I wish it were rounded off at the bottom or something.

Yeah, Captain Britain's not great. I'm afraid Alan Davis' unique design for his mask just won't translate well onto a Minimate, though it would have looked a lot better if they'd actually included all the detail on the last one they showed in the picture.

And, based on this picture, I think the original Nightcrawler is superior to the new one. Some guys just don't need an update, I guess.

New image direct from DST! And yes, we will be carrying these. :)

'I will be picking up an extra set to make Nightcrawler into his Age of Apocalypse version'

Damn Luke. . . just when i thought i'd be happy with ONE set of these!

Juggy's thighs look weird.

They were based on art from Rob Liefeld . . . ;)

And, based on this picture, I think the original Nightcrawler is superior to the new one. Some guys just don't need an update, I guess.

I think this Nightcrawler does a better job portraying the '80s, swashbuckling, 'fuzzy elf' Nightcrawler we got in Excalibur -- big smile, Hasselhoff hair and all... would be cool if he comes with a sword too.

Plus hopefully I can pick this one up without worrying his legs'll break off :)

why you gotta hate Liefeld. I get he wasn't the greatest drawing feet and pretty much all body parts but I do like his stuff..nostalgia I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit dissapointed with the line up truth be told. When I think Excalibur I think the original run and all their unique villians so Jugganaut is such a waste of a slot. I'm really sick of this 4 pack nonsence just give us the original 5 together. Ok we have just gotten Cap and Kitty and both are still avalable at a resonably price but I missed Rachel and my gosh how much does she go for these days.

I think that you might be in the minority by not wanting Juggernaut. After the release of the Hulkbuster it was pretty obvious we'd get a revamped Jugs ,purely because of their undeniable similarities . The original which I ,incidentally ,love looks a bit out of place these days & is probably due a revamp. You're right ,the Rachel Summers variant pack or the loose figure seems to fetch a premium but then variant always do especially if your buying from ebay .

Here's a good deal http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimates-Serie...=item1e5f1862c0 & an example of how buying a wave is by far the most economical way of buying Minimates. Some people would argue that they don't want all the characters in a wave .....so trade/sell the ones you don't want & you'll still end up on top.

Spell check is your friend ;)

where is the spellcheck feature?

Mine's on my homepage toolbar.

Again I can't argue with you about Juggernaut's position in Excalibur , DST gave us a set called Secret Invasion which included characters that barely featured in the comic series & an Avengers #1 without Thor. :rolleyes:

Here's a good deal http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimates-Serie...=item1e5f1862c0 & an example of how buying a wave is by far the most economical way of buying Minimates. Some people would argue that they don't want all the characters in a wave .....so trade/sell the ones you don't want & you'll still end up on top.

I'm inquisitive so I checked out Cornerstorecomics & found that they still have 30 cases of these & are selling them at $19 a set. If anybody is currently doing a Price Guide for Minimates how on earth do they equate what is found on ebay as opposed to what is found in online stores ????????? :biggrin:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm guessing Juggernaut was included because he appeared in the original Excalibur series and will represent the mid 2000s New Excalibur team.

To be honest I'm glad we're getting a new Juggernaut instead of the other characters from that roster, well actually nevermind I would like a Pete Wisdom figure, I just hope when DST finally makes a Dazzler 'mate they don't use her Excalibur design.

Well, if they were going to stray from the core Excalibur lineup, I would've preferred they stuck in the Black Knight. But I'm sure he- along with Kang!- will be in the next TRU set. It's so obvious.

For anyone wanting Pete Wisdom, here's an easy quick custom formula (admittedly, this is for his MI-13 look; I don't know if he appears significantly different in his earlier appearances):

-T2 Motorcycle cop head

-DCD Nightwing hair

-any suit body

-Lady Deathstrike hands, for the full effect

I'll try and post a picture, if y'all want.

Please.

Well, since you said please...

post-1943-1290212244_thumb.jpg

Please remember that he's based on the :captainbritain: and MI:13 version of the character (which is the only one I'm familiar with), so if he doesn't jibe with an earlier version... tough. Here he is with normal hands:

post-1943-1290212305_thumb.jpg

And here's the formula again:

-T2 Motorcycle cop head

-DCD Nightwing hair

-any suit body

-Lady Deathstrike hands, for the full effect

I always wanted to use that Captain Britain emoticon!