UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like the new juggs. Here's the copy from PREVIEWS.

A Diamond Select Release! Art Asylum design and sculpt! Fans have long been clamoring for the designers at Art Asylum to tackle the classic Excalibur team, one of the most popular eclectic assemblies of heroes ever. Featuring new takes on classic characters, this Minimates box set features: Captain Britain, Nightcrawler, Juggernaut and an exclusive Megan figure. Packaged in partial window box packaging (the same as past Marvel box sets) and limited to the specialty market, this 4 pack is sure to be a hit with fans and collectors alike.

Look for them in shops by January 2011 with a SRP of $17.99

these are everything that makes minimates great... bright, bold... not too simple or over detailed. Love 'em, can't wait to get this set. If I had too nitpick at anything, Juggernaut does look a little like he's wearing Tudor trunk hosen (or pumpkin pants).

Fantastic set... 10/10

I'm wondering why the TRU Thing didn't get boots like that. The squared off edges realy make a difference.

Wow! Meggan is the unexpected standout here. She looks really amazing! Loving the updated Nightcrawler and Juggernaut as well. Captain Britain is the one that just seems off. The smile doesn't really suit him and the design on his helmet looks a bit too rounded. They were always drawn as diamond shapes, IIRC.

these look outstanding. :D i cant wait everyone in this set is a must have for me, even captain britain. nightcrawler and juggernaught are on my top 10 list of "redoes" ive been waiting for. i never read the excalibur series but id love to add the team to my collection, since i already have kitty. i really cant wait for this set :)

Based on this pic, I'd say Juggernaut is the weakest. He looked cool in pics from NYCC, but here something looks off. He looks like a marshmallow, and not the awesome evil kind. The breakfast cereal kind. I actually think Captain Britain looks pretty good, and I love Nightcrawler's hair. As long as Juggs looks like what we saw at NYCC, this set is perfect.

They look better than in-person!! How did that happen?!?!

They looked amazing at NYCC, but wow. I wasn't even this in-awe when i saw them in the case; Meggan looked amazing, not nearly half as good as this. I guess that's all for lighting and whatnot??

They look incredible, and Meggan is by far the standout; if anything, i'm buying it just for her. While i'm all for the "more sculpting" side to Minimates, it is absolutely incredible how great a basic Minimate can be done with the right colors and parts.

I hope nothing gets lost in translation. These are amazing, and might be my vote for Boxset of the Year :)

Magneto ,A o A,promo looked amazing at SDCC . The first Cap Brian (31) looked amazing as a proto & still does on the packaging but looks 'earless & unfinished' in the flesh. These look great in the picture.

Who knows what we'll get ? :( What will be missing ? When will my patience snap ?

"These questions—and many others—will be answered in the next episode of Soap."

Meggan looks AWESOME! She could only be better if she were given a reversible feral face and a spare set of clawed hands. But even if she doesn't - i'm so fraking stoked with her. what a great hair sculpt!

I can't believe i got to cross THREE X-Women off my most wanted list this year!

Colour me stoked :)