UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

I don't remember hearing this before. I assume they are going to be shown at NYCC?

"October’s PREVIEWS Exclusive Apparel

This month, we’re offering a new batch of PREVIEWS Exclusives (PX), items you can only order through PREVIEWS like Diamond Select Toys’ Halo Minimates Series 2 and Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Sets and numerous items in the catalog’s Apparel section, including the Iron Man: Iron Sharpens Iron T-Shirt, Thor Movie: The Ancients T-Shirt, Kingdom Hearts: Nobody Cross T-Shirt, Star War: Large Helmet T-Shirt, and Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Batman Zip-Up Hoodies."

[emphasis added]

http://www.diamondcomics.com/public/defaul...5&ai=100249

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY DAMN WHOOPIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it have a green suited Meggan!!!!!

Great find storm 1:08!

We've got Shadowcat, Rachel & Cap B very recently. This set would have to have an updated Nightcrawler (hopefully with a rapier), I'm praying Meggan is the 'never gonna happen' character. Then who else?

Maybe Pete Wisdom from the late 90's excalibur? Shadowcat in her 90's blue & yellow costume? Or perhaps Pink-haired Dazzler from New Excalibur?

So many characters to choose from over the years:

Captain Britain - already got him

Black Knight

Cerise - Total longshot - but could be the box-sets 'never'gonna-happen character.

Colossus - He's due for an update. Could this be his chance?

Daytripper

Dazzler - Looking like she just stepped out of a P!nk filmclip? I'd rather see classic or aussie x-men version 1st.

Douglock/Warlock

Feron

Juggernaut - needs an update - but isn't really that closely tied in with Excalibur.

Kylun

Lockheed - already got him

Longshot

Meggan - i think she's a lock for the box-sets 'never'gonna-happen character.

Mimic

Moira MacTaggert - i wouldn't bet on it, but would be pleasantly surprised to see her included

Nightcrawler - already got him, but we all know he WILL be in the set

Nocturne - gosh i hope not. I never warmed to the nightcrawlerette

Pete Wisdom - not sellable enough?

Phoenix (Rachel Summers) - already got her

Psylocke - already got her

Sage

Shadowcat - already got her

Widget - This could be a cool accessory to pack in

Wolfsbane

I'd personally really like to see an updated Nightcrawler, green costume Meggan, Kylun & maybe a Wolsbane in her 90's era get-up.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post - i just got a bit/really/squealing fan-boy excited when i saw this post.

Edited by Nessex

Huh. I love Alan Davis, so I'm looking forward to this one, but like Nessex said we recently got most of the important founding members. Hoping for an updated Nightcrawler (even though I really like the older one, he's due), Meggan, and a couple members of Technet!!

:ohmy:

Clicking this, I was so ready to be mad at someone for making a joke thread!

I think I'm a little bit in shock, Excalibur got me into comics way back when, I love this team. Hoping for Meggan, blue/yellow Kitty, blue/yellow Wolfsbane, a slimmed down Nightcrawler and a Widget head accessory... Moira or Douglock would be awesome too.

Most X-cellent news!

I agree that Nightcrawler and Meggan are a lock! I'm hoping for her green costume and Nightcrawler's classic look with a rapier and his streamlined Alan Davis costume under the original pointy shoulder chest piece. Of course... I also assumed that Cannonball was a necessity for the X-Force set and we got another Cable and Deadpool instead!

As for the other two... I'm not feeling a need for Kitty, Cap'n Britain or Rachel in any form. I'd prefer to see Cerise or Kylun but Pete Wisdom is more likely (and an easy one to do with existing parts).

I'd really like to see a villain included! Maybe Saturnyne, Gatecrasher, one of the Warwolves (how cool would that be!) or even Roma. Sadly, Excalibur lacked any iconic/defining/lasting villains. Given that, I'd be 100% okay if they slipped in an updated Juggernaut (which would increase the sales appeal of the set).

Also... since this set will likely require little in the way of newly sculpted parts for Meggan, Kurt and Pete Wisdom (even Kylun and Cerise would only need new hairpieces, I think) I'd hope to see some cool accessories such as...

- A rapier and translucent BAMF effect for Nightcrawler.

- Add-ons for Meggan that give her a feral appearance (a second wolf-like face, a Wolvie hairpiece, Black Bolt's or Man-Bat's wings... to approximate her original look.

- Hotknives for Pete Wisdom similar to Psylocke and Gambit's energy effects.

- Red translucent weapons, flight base and a shield for Cerise.

I was never an Excalibur fan. That said, a well made Nightcrawler would get me to consider this set. A well made Nightcrawler and an updated Juggernaut? I'd buy it in a hearbeat. But I don't see THAT happening.

Nightcrawler

Meggan

Roma

Douglock

Douglock will have interchangeable parts, allowing him to function as Cypher for the new Mutants box set as well.

At least, that's how I see it.

I speak from a vantage point of what DST will give us. Captain Britain was hardly a good seller if ebay is to be believed but it would be almost inconceivable to miss him out....Avengers #1 without Thor ....blah blah blah. Juggs has too much in common with Hulkbuster which may or may not go for or against him. Nightcrawler,not my favourite character & a terrible Minimate IMO (Sorry!) .....everybody else seems to like him so I guess it's about time. Colossus ( his spelling scares me) has never been nailed as a character & ought to be in as does the Mimic but I could care less about the modern looking Mimic I want the original with Angel's wings. Angel's wings & the Mimic may be DST's way out of the Angel farce later on up the road but that's just a Longshot.

So.....in conclusion......I haven't a clue :blush:

edit: Meggan seems likeliest.....whoopey doo.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Not ever following Excalibur I have no idea who is in it. but a chance at an updated Nightcrawler for all that have missed him is a good thing and If I read through I would love a Black Knight.

I will just await the reveal and see if it catches my attention.

Diamond Select Toys’ Halo Minimates Series 2 and Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Sets

You guys realize it says box sets, right?

Edited by Aapje

I'm hoping for Nightcrawler Colossus and Meggan. The fourth figure should be Kylun. Hell toy-biz made a Kylun back in the day and that was years before they made a Captain Britain. And there just has to a widget.

This is great news though. I really hope they do it justice or MMC will be... Unhappy. ;)

Diamond Select Toys’ Halo Minimates Series 2 and Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Sets

the plural is in reference to the Halo set as well.

I'm actually surprised no one mentioned the pink hippo in the room. But you guys do realize that minimates have fallen into the category of apparel, right?

Heading = "October’s PREVIEWS Exclusive Apparel" :ermm: