UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WTF Marvel?

youbastards

Nice to hear that the Mysterio arc was all it was hyped to be... I gave up on the Ultimate U after Ultimatum. Which trade or trades do I need to pick up to read the Mysterio arc?

The World According to Peter Parker. It's Ultimate Comics Spider-Man the first volume. It was a great arc and I highly recommend it.

I have great respect for both you guys & therefore respect your opinions but.................

.............were we reading the same books ?????

Foggy ol' London town,stand-off outside parliament ,magic with 'k' tacked on to the end,Stone-f*cking-henge,Captain Midlands :blink: .

:sick:

I agree it was a bit "Britain = Magic and tea drinkers" but I've always been fond of the mystical side of Marvel, so I enjoyed the concepts. Captain Midlands came from the Wisdom mini series that was released a few years before hand (good read IMO) and I just liked seeing all the British Marvel heroes in one book, especally Black Knight and Cap Britain. Granted I think Blade was pushing it a little.

While I agree that the thinking and execution behind the Spidey reset are terrible, Brand New Day has actually turned out some very good Spider-Man stories. Slott is really a terrific Spidey writer, and I'm glad he's going to become the only writer soon. The biggest problem is that they've tried SO hard to go back to "classic" Spider-Man style that the book has often felt very forced. But there's been some good work in there.

Problem is I was really fond of all the developments that had come from JMS' run. Mystical origins for Spidey? Alright I like mystical stuff so I'm curious. New powers? Bar the stingers I'm on board for that. Part of why I'm such a fan of 2099 is due to the different powers he has, so I'm happy to see Peter with some new ones. People like the Fantastic Four learning Peter is Spidey? Love it! This idea adds a new angle to their friendship, as well as any relationship between Peter and other heroes who know the man under the mask. Public unmasking? Okay maybe a bit far but I'm curious to see where it goes. I wouldn't mind BND if it wasn't a) "It's magic; I don't have to explain ANYTHNG!" to get it and b ) removed everything I liked. While I'm still a little sore Hal replaced "My Lantern", aka Kyle, at least Kyle hasn't been retconned out of existance (yet). And I agree, I feel the classic angle is forced TOO much; not everyone who reads Spidey grew up with the "classic" Silver Age stuff and therefore may not care for it as much as say the Bronze/Dark Age.

And while everyone's bemoaning recently canceled Marvel titles-- Agents of Atlas, anyone? :(

I've not read anything bar the back ups in Herc but I have been keen to give it a try.

Edited by pawcanada

What I think would be cool is if in the latest issue of Daredevil, Matt M. isn't replaced by the Black Panther, but instead joins the Black Panthers. Since he's blind and he doesn't realize he's white and it turns into a comedy. At least I think that's a better idea than what they're doing.

I'd buy it.

Black Panther and Daredevil had a history of team-ups back in the early 70s. BP was one of the first hero's to know Matt Murdock's identity. So they do have some connection, although it hasn't been brought up, and BP hasn't been in a DD comic in about 35 years.

But yeah, this is a pretty awful gimmick. Daredevil was consistently one of Marvel's best titles, month in and month out. It benefitted from being on the fringe of the Marvel Universe. Now they got a new editorial team, and they've made the Daredevil comic crap iand even gotten rid of the main protagonist in just 12 issues. Thanks Marvel.