UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Halloween Costumes?

luke314pi

• 4 weeks later...

I've actually been thinking of making a minimate costume. I'm really into papercrafts/pepakura and have learned enough that it actually would not be that hard to make a mini costume. Time consuming, but not hard.

FWIW, you can actually use pepakura files to make full suits of Halo or Iron Man armor out of cardboard. How hardcore is that?

progressive_ironman_by_TIMECON.jpg

Edited by Robbie

Those are awesome! Ones you've made?

BS

No, sadly not. My wife and I just had our first child this past month and his birth has meant that I've had to put all my pet projects on hold for the time being, one of which was making an Iron Man helmet. This is a photo from a guy who frequents a lot of the pepakura boards showing folks the process. It's actually not that complicated, just time-consuming and can get expensive if you decide to fiberglass your pieces for added strength.

When I can finally crank one out I will gladly show it to everyone I can though!

Edited by Robbie

so I started his costume the other day. I am making a prototype out of cardboard. going to build the real costume out of 1" polystyrene. I almost have the legs done will post more tomorrow.

082ab79a.jpg

288ef315.jpg

671c632c.jpg

First of all I genuinely & honestly think what you are doing is superb & the little guy is going to love you for it.

But Hell...you know me & I just can't help myself ...............

The first picture has the prototype torso with the word 'Front' categorically emblazoned on it.

The second picture (which is far more exciting) has the word 'Front' emphatically emblazoned on it.

I don't blame the young'un but check out picture 3 :P

• 2 weeks later...
First of all I genuinely & honestly think what you are doing is superb & the little guy is going to love you for it.

But Hell...you know me & I just can't help myself ...............

The first picture has the prototype torso with the word 'Front' categorically emblazoned on it.

The second picture (which is far more exciting) has the word 'Front' emphatically emblazoned on it.

I don't blame the young'un but check out picture 3 :P

ya I know. I actually wrote front on it before i test fit it. I had to widen the arm holes, therefore making it fit better backwords. :)

I finished the legs and made some duct tape suspenders for them :) was going to wrap everything in colored vinyl, but couldnt find blue, so I got some of the really thin (2mm) craft foam paper. hopefully going to start the finishing steps tonight. will post more pics.

ok some more pics. almost finished the legs last night but ran out of blue foam stuff. using spray on adhesive. working VERY well! Made some duct tape suspenders and filled in half of the legs with foam so it would fit better around the legs and not be so loose. also cut out section of the leg so he would be able to have a range of movement. Hopefully tonight I will finish the legs and torso, if I get time will make a helemt. going to make a lego darth vader for my 2yo. :) Just a torso and helmet though, no legs for him.

eb1ae300.jpg

2199467f.jpg

70531626.jpg

e2161895.jpg

d6d7e64c.jpg

74f65e08.jpg

21c61d60.jpg

d562e54f.jpg

Edited by Ninja Mate

finished! didnt get time to make the power miners helmet for his class party today, so I found a foam construction helmet. Fits pretty well. the only detail I didnt get in was the buckles on the suspenders. otherwise, its pretty darn accurate to the minifig.

He just wore the torso to his class party, would have been to hard to bend, sit, etc for school. but he will be wearing them for trick or treating!

tonight I am going to build a lego pirate torso for my youngest son! :)

4c75369a.jpg

c7e03f31.jpg

unknown.jpg

photo1.jpg