UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man Variations

JediJohnson

This blog post @Newsarama (http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/09/10/agent-of-s-t-y-l-e-spider-man-and-his-amazing-costumes/) has some fun Spidey variants that we haven't seen yet.

I did not remember Cyborg Spidey or Tentacle Spidey

I'll see your list and raise you this one: http://www.angelfire.com/myband/skacorps/chris/smen.html

Its got nearly every one he's worn in his books, even for a panel or two, plus future spider-men, alternate reality spider-men, and even parodies of spider-men.

I always dislike it when people write off the Scarlet costume :/ In my humble opinion I think its better than the main costume. Then again I first saw Scarlet when I was a young lad and DST's desire to re-release the classic costume again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again kinda puts me off. Heck, I'm surprised we've not had the "Spider-man with a slight rip down his left sleeve but otherwise identical tp the 500 other Classic Spider-Man minimates you have in your collection" variant yet.

Having said that I wouldn't mind Negative Zone or Spider Phoenix becuase they at least look a bit DIFFERENT!

Gotta agree with you pawcanada; i quite like both the clone looks. The blue hoodie one and the one that's a bit closer to the original look. I think they're both striking and deserve a little more coverage.

The Gold Spider-Man is ,by far, my favourite costume & was apparently based on the rare Minimate . These show up regularly on ebay MIB (Man in Bag) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fancy-Suit-Mens-Spid...=item33601d10da

I may well get one for myself .......if it's good enough for TBT it's good enough for me.

edit: WARNING......the seller's ebay inventory is not for the faint-hearted. :ohmy:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I always liked the Scarlet Spider costume too. Minimate wise, we still haven't gotten the Romita "Future Spidey"

SpiderMan101Part6A.jpg

I would rather get this look than a "Scuba Spidey" or some other made up nonsense. Not the coolest Spidey look, but it is a real comic variant costume.

Edited by Rheul

To their credit, I do believe DST has said they'll NEVER do "Scuba Spidey" and always look to the comics for variants. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Battle Damaged/Unmasked versions of ANYONE that isn't the Classic Costume, especally if slip on masks are a thing of the past (I want Ben Reilly and Miguel O'Hara holding up their masks like I have Classic, Iron, BiB and Cosmic in my collection!). I'm just BORED of classic and it's turning me off it in the comics.

I also agree with Rheul; that would make a great minimate, perhaps even a chase. I believe it was recently brought back in the final issue of the Kraven arc.

The only other variant I'd like to see would be the Man-Spider. Other than that... done, thanks. I'd prefer Spidey VILLAINS instead packaged with supporting characters.

A Spider-Hulk (from Web of Spider-Man... it was a 2-parter, I think) would be fun. But that'd be stretching it.

Edited by Mystery Man

I'm still hoping thay with the new FF line, we might soon see an Amazing Bag Man soon.

I remember when I unlocked him in the Spider-Man game and wondered who the heck he was.

I will admit, I always like Spidey variants that have the blue and black Fantastic Four look, both from the what if a few years back and the SDCC reveals for later this year. Perhaps DST will find a way to include it in a wave...?

I wouldn't mind a Cyborg Spidey only if they promised to pair it with a Deathlok. Also an updated Ben Scarlet Spider costume with wrist bits like Black Widow or Crimson Dynamo, a molded hood piece to hang on the back and even a slip on mask.

Negative Spidey would be cool to round things off.

I wouldn't mind a Cyborg Spidey only if they promised to pair it with a Deathlok. Also an updated Ben Scarlet Spider costume with wrist bits like Black Widow or Crimson Dynamo, a molded hood piece to hang on the back and even a slip on mask.

I think "a molded hood piece to hang on the back" is a real legitimate reason to remake Scarlet Spider.

Especially as they now have the part in use... well a similar part.

-Check out Cap's mask hanging down his back.

post-1597-1284560898_thumb.jpg

I think DST has a while to go before they catch up to Toy Biz in terms of ridiculous Spider-Man figures:

http://www.againwiththecomics.com/2007/03/...r-man-toys.html

Scuba Spidey doesn't look so bad now, does it? My personal favorite is the fishing one; I just like the idea of Peter Parker going to the ol' fishing hole- in Brooklyn Heights, no less- in full costume with matching pole. I saw this once at a Kaybe years ago, and I've always regretted not buying it.

I think "a molded hood piece to hang on the back" is a real legitimate reason to remake Scarlet Spider.

Especially as they now have the part in use... well a similar part.

-Check out Cap's mask hanging down his back.

post-1597-1284560898_thumb.jpg

Thats the reason I went for the molded hood after seeing that pic. The Widow/Dynamo pieces where the last pieces needed the may not be perfect but they would do in a pinch.

I think DST has a while to go before they catch up to Toy Biz in terms of ridiculous Spider-Man figures:

http://www.againwiththecomics.com/2007/03/...r-man-toys.html

Scuba Spidey doesn't look so bad now, does it? My personal favorite is the fishing one; I just like the idea of Peter Parker going to the ol' fishing hole- in Brooklyn Heights, no less- in full costume with matching pole. I saw this once at a Kaybe years ago, and I've always regretted not buying it.

You mean to tell me those are all REAL toys, and not some custom spoofs?? How the hell are these wads at Toy Biz still employed?

BS

How's about this "NEW" costume... coming in December's Amazing Spiderman #650!

post-1597-1285091847_thumb.jpg

I'd call that an inevitability. Judging from other preview images, it lights up in multiple colors as well... easy variants!

I still can't believe the Heroic Age box set isn't this Spidey, the new Iron Man armor, Steve Rogers new duds and a fourth more interesting choice (Luke Cage, Wasp, Mockingbird) than Thor.

How's about this "NEW" costume... coming in December's Amazing Spiderman #650!

post-1597-1285091847_thumb.jpg

I'd call that an inevitability. Judging from other preview images, it lights up in multiple colors as well... easy variants!

I still can't believe the Heroic Age box set isn't this Spidey, the new Iron Man armor, Steve Rogers new duds and a fourth more interesting choice (Luke Cage, Wasp, Mockingbird) than Thor.

Yeah, they really dropped the ball on the Heroic Age set but I guess its a good set for new collectors to jump on.