UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

FF wave at TRU.com

fwoosheyman

..........surely we all know the score with TRU Waves by now ?

That people freak out about them for a couple weeks, telling horror stories, etc., and after that they end up sitting on eBay unbought at almost retail prices?

But freaking out and bitching is what we're good at.

I don't think anyone here was criticizing this behavior. Just stating an observation. I fully intend to freak out alongside everyone else. In fact, I'm already freaking out. HOW ARE WE GONNA GET AHOLD OF THE ATLANTEAN ARMY BUILDER?? IT ISN'T EVEN RELEASED IN A REGULAR WAVE??? GROUNDHOG IS GONNA BUY THEM ALL, AND THE REST OF US ARE GONNA HAVE NOTHING!! NOTHING!!! :wacko::wallbash:

Damn you, DST.

For those who call ahead, it looks like they've changed the item number for the Marvel waves. Used to be 113214, but is now listed on the site as 637788. I guess I would try both.

I'll have to go in tomorrow and have them check that in the warehouse system if its on order. Having them on a new SKU would save me from having to buy and return a dozen Ironman/crimson dynamo, Ironman/Stiltman sets to the other TRU half an hour north.

Darn it! I've been wanting to hold off buying minimates this month to help save money, and then they go and release the new TRU wave three days in!

Rather than having to rely on eBay, if anyone is able to help a UK collector please drop me a message :D

I think this is a perfect opportunity to reset the case ratios... folks will want the fantastic FOUR, not fantastic THREE and possible guest. Since the team is spread out over 3 packs, make them all in equal numbers, and since you have 3 spots left, lets just put 3 of that pack nobody will want in there as well. Who in their right mind want want even ONE Namor/Atl Soldier? Kids like the Thing and Human Torch! Let's make the ration 5-3-3-1! Aaaargh!

Gotta go get my coffee....

Make fun of us all you want - I still have never seen a Hulkbuster pack in stores, and have only seen Lockjaw once. There are people who are still looking for a Moonstone or Warpath.

You may see it as needless whining, but we have valid reason to complain.

Yeah, what he said!

I'm not making fun of anybody & I presumed you knew that , I will however not accept that the last wave was, eventually, that difficult to obtain . I was actually trying to pour oil on troubled waters calm things down before the furore begins again.

Usually I try & keep out the way of the 'latest' TRU thread & I may well do the same this time.

Edited by buttheadsmate

i pass by a hulkbuster & lockjaw all of the time now at my TRU. at first nothing but now its there, i HOPE the FF wave will be like that too.

Also, i think i may have inadvertently tipped off a known scalper about minimates when he was asking me if i am looking for any DCUC or Marvel universe.