UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Holiday Checklist

neolego

Well, it's that time of year. September always kicks off the season of games. There are quite a few games coming out this holiday. Just to name a few you have Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Medal of Honor, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Need for Speed: Playstation Move, Microsoft Kinect, Fable III, Fallout New Vegas, Gran Turismo 5.....and there are still plenty more.

So, what is on your list for this year?

neo

i'm about to preorder playstation move, definitley get assasins creed: brrotherhood and hopefully spiderman shattered dimensions

thats all for now but i'm sure thre'll be more soon

My buy list is:

[Retail]

-Playstation Move (w/Sports Champions)

-Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (PS3)

-LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3)

-Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)

-The Sly Cooper Collection (PS3)

[PSN]

-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

-Back to the Future

-Jurrasic Park

-Comic Jumper

-Explodemon

-Costume Quest

I also get games from my family for Christmas, that list looks like this:

-Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)

-Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3)

-Uncharted 2 (PS3)

And Finally, I'm really interested Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, but I will rent it first. The game is not open world so it may be very linear and short, so I won't invest $60 until I see how deep and long it may be. I did the same thing with Batman: Arkaham Asylum, I loved that game, but I GameFly'd it and beat it in less than a week so I didn't feel the need to purchase it.

neo

In order of importance:

1)Halo Reach- The beta was awesome, and Halo Reach seems like if Bungie remade Halo CE (my favorite game) with the

best elements of 2,3,ODST.

2)Fable 3- Fable 2 was one of my first "true" role-playing experiences, and Character Creation/Customization is one of my

favorite things about video games, and Fable 3 has it all.

3)Fallout New Vegas- Fallout 3 is the best game of the modern generation so far hands down, I shouldn't have to explain

why. But I am iffy on the subject of Obsidian, and their ability to follow such a great game like Fallout

4)Rock Band 3- Rock Band 2 is the game that got me and my brothers really connected, and I'm sure RockBand 3 will be

just as fun, although it needs Metallica and MGMT to be perfect... (if it featured both of those artists, then it

would be #1)

And that's it. Black Ops is completely off the radar for me, as Modern Warfare 2 was an abomination to video-games in general. Also, Treyarch just seems to be bringing back nearly all of the features that made MW2 unbalanced and un-fun (although I must admit, that I am quite pleased with the perk list/set-up)

3)Fallout New Vegas- Fallout 3 is the best game of the modern generation so far hands down, I shouldn't have to explain why. But I am iffy on the subject of Obsidian, and their ability to follow such a great game like Fallout3.

Considering that All the hard work with the engine tech is done for them and that some of the guys at obsidian were responsible for the original fallout and it's sequel I think you probably have little to fear. It's possibly the game I'm waiting on to see me through the holidays :)

As for others, Black ops is also off my radar, I'm burnt out on CoD esp seeing as MW2 just got silly!

T.

Little Big Planet 2, Playstation Move, Lego Star Wars III, Professor Layton & the Unwound Future, and Rock Band 3 are all on my must have list.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions is on the maybe pile.

I also wouldn't mind getting Dragon Age Origins for the PC. I already have it for the PS3 but think I might like it better with a mouse and keyboard. (of course, this isn't a new game, but the last DLC did just come out, so maybe it counts)

Edited by drgnrbrn316

• 1 month later...

I changed medal of honor to black ops because some people are saying it isn't that good.I watched a play through of shattered dimensons and I don't care for it any more so thats now off my list.I also added tron because well the online lightcycle matches look AWESOME!

Don't play many games, since i hardly have time to devote to them and they just go unfinished, but i've been knownto pickand play for a few odd hours here and there.

REACH (already own it, but it's still in the plastic. No time. :P)

Shattered Dimensions (duh...i mean...c'mon now)

X-men: Destiny (does this count as "Holiday??" Oh well, LOVE it.)

Pokemon Black or White (technically Spring, but what can i say. I'm a kid of '93; this is my youth right here)

Lego Star Wars III (Loved and beat the other II; great games)

And that's pretty much it...not really a gamer.

EDIT:

HOW could i possibly forget DCU Online and BSG Online?!?! Them too!!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 2 weeks later...