UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Uncanny X-Force Boxset

minimadman

I didn't see a thread for this anywhere so here you go. I don't really care for the new Wolverine mask with the odd nose. On a whole I don't think that this set is very appealing the dullness of it is astounding. It looks to be a LCS exclusive so there will be no ridiculous TRU hunting for this one.

post-955-1282432277_thumb.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy X-force, so i'll pick it up. I like the colder feel to the costumes, and how in the X-force "universe" everything is, literally, black-and-white. It would be MUCH bettr if Fantomex was i it, but we've already seen his figure that's pretty much a confirmation he's coming SOMEHOW. I can wait.

Still don't get why Psylocke had to dye her hair; was that in the contract when joining?!

I already have an X-Force Wolverine and this was the wrong line-up for me, personally.

I would have gotten a set with Domino, Vanisher, Elixir, & Wolfsbane.

I'm at the point that I'll refuse anything with Wolvie in it even if I like the other characters.

Yes, I'm THAT sick of him.

I already have an X-Force Wolverine and this was the wrong line-up for me, personally.

I would have gotten a set with Domino, Vanisher, Elixir, & Wolfsbane.

I'm at the point that I'll refuse anything with Wolvie in it even if I like the other characters.

Yes, I'm THAT sick of him.

Modern Wolverine with your Avatar's Modern Nightcrawler?? :P

I actually only noticed the new Belt before, not the gloves or boots. I LOVE this new belt, and can totally see future use with it, but the gauntlets and boots are really nice. The old ones look...cheap...in comparison. The boots could be less clunky, but i think a mix-in-match with old X-force Wolvie and this one will make him perfect.

i wish thye would stop changing the wolvie mask, the one used since wave 28 was perfect, this one looks like s*@# the only real improvement i can see is the belt. The gauntlets and leg warmers(yes they're bloody leg warmers) look to chunky.

When i saw this boxset appareing at SDCC i was hoping wolverine would be packed into a TRU exclusive and we cud get the other three with Famtomex. that a boxset i would buy.

Why are we getting Wolverine when we already got him? I'm not familiar with X-Force but what about the other guy who was shown at SDCC? Why aren't we getting him instead of generic Wolverine update?

I like how Angel, Deadpool and Psylocke look in this boxset, so I am tempted to get it for them. However if Wolverine is included then I don't want an identical version of a variant. And I'm not interested in X-Force so unless it's an obscure but interesting character like Elixir I'm not sure I'd be interested. I might see if I can pick up the three I'd like loose rather than getting the entire box.

Boxset = Meh

Wolverine is only good for some parts to swap onto the original X-Force Wolverine.

Archangel is nice but those "movie sabertooth" hands are horrible. Thankfully they can be switched out.

The other two are boring. I understand why DST is putting them in the boxset since this is the "New, New" X-Force lineup. But I would have preferred characters such as Domino, Elixir or Wolfsbane from the "New" X-Force.

There are so many things wrong with putting Wolverine in this boxset.

1. We just had one not too long ago.

2. He was packaged with a Hydra agent.

3. Assuming people like to armybuild, people bought multiples with leftover Wolverines.

4. Assuming that the above is true, people would get rid of their excess Wolverines. So everyone that wanted one should have one by now.

In my opinion, that mask looks really stupid. So not only are we getting a figure we don't want, but it's inferior to boot. What a wasted slot. Minimates don't have noses, so why should they represent it even though his mask covers his nose? Other characters' noses are visible under masks in comics yet they're not represented in Minimates. And even though Minimates don't have thumbs, Thanos was a special case because the details on his gauntlet are important. In Wolverine's case, though, his NOSE is not.

X-Force Domino and Fantomex would be better. I'd also prefer not to have another Psylocke. DST can do whatever the hell they want, but this set is a big miss for me.

The only redeeming factor of this set is Angel, and for me, only to put him with the X-Force from what, two years ago?

Not only is that Wolverine inferior to the one relesed in wave 29 AND TRU Wave 4, but as just said, we got him in wave 29 and TRU Wave 4!!!

If we don't get a complementary pack with Fhantomex finishing THIS X-Force and Wolfsbane finishing the OTHER X-Force soon, I'll be pretty pissed.

Wait, Archangel has CLAWS now?

Um . . . he is kind of shown with claws sometimes when he's in his transformed state (depending on the artist). I think i'll display him with plain hands though.

If we don't get a complementary pack with Fhantomex finishing THIS X-Force and Wolfsbane finishing the OTHER X-Force soon, I'll be pretty pissed.

Well - they've made the actual Proto of Phantomex, so i'm pretty sure we'll see him get an actual release in an upcomming TRU pack or some such.

Wolfsbane has kind of disappeared form the books a bit recently, so we may not end up seeing her get made, which would be a shame. I was also hoping to see Vanisher, Elixer & Domino - but with the recent events in the books

(Domino & Elixir are no longer members, & Vanisher's dead

, i doubt we'll see them either :(

I wouldn't turn down any potential Wolfsbane mates, but her being on that team, basically a kill squad, was pretty ridiculous. I get that they just wanted some other random "hunter" characters to stand behind Wolverine and X-23, but it was beyond out of character for her.

Emo-scream Archangel, complete with claws:

post-1800-1282534620_thumb.jpg

Um . . . he is kind of shown with claws sometimes when he's in his transformed state (depending on the artist). I think i'll display him with plain hands though.

Wait, Archangel transforms now?

It was revealed in X-Force that if his life is immediately threatened, he transforms from Angel to Archangel. At first it seemed to be a fight or flight response that occured subconsciously. Since then he seems to have gained control over the transformation and is now able to will it to happen.

This occured around the time that Rhane was

drugged and then ripped Angels regular wings off

It was revealed in X-Force that if his life is immediately threatened, he transforms from Angel to Archangel. At first it seemed to be a fight or flight response that occured subconsciously. Since then he seems to have gained control over the transformation and is now able to will it to happen.

L-A-M-E

I think the last X-Force issue I read had something to do with figuring out/ironing out Shatterstar's origin... was he from the Mojo universe? Did he have 4 fingers or 5? Anyway, while I don't read the current series, these appear to be interesting versions of the characters. Maybe they can be the Double-super-secret-agent X-Men team.

Did he have 4 fingers or 5?

Do you mean--did he have 4 fingers plus a thumb or 5 fingers and no thumb? Only Rob Liefeld knows for sure.

That's my point! No one knows but ROB!

But, if we ever DO get a Shatterstar minimate, with the normal "melded" fingers, it'll be comic-accurate for everyone!