UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The un-Official AOA Minimates thread

Chronotrigger

I never got into AoA, but I'm digging these mates. I hope blink ends up in a 2pack soon

Blink/Morph as an Exiles/AoA 2-pack seems a no-brainer to me. I also think an AoA Sabretooth/Wild Child set would be awesome. Not to mention Sinister and X-Man, Storm and Quicksilver, etc.

AoA has been such a popular storyline due to the many great visuals for the characters. I'm thrilled to see DST mining this for some great-looking 'Mates.

i'd love pretty much every character from the AoA series, but i'd be really surprised if we don't also see Blink, Morph, Holocaust & Sabretooth worked into the line somehow. Either in TUR 2-packs or perhaps just randomly inserted into the regular LCS lines.

Looking forward to more official release info too.

gotta say im very excited for these!!

A word to the wise. It ain't official unless the staff say it is. Just sayin'.

So DO you say it is? Shall we get the true seal of approval for this?

As for AOA, I like the character designs, not enough to actually get any of them though. However I kinda want that Magneto... Easily the best for me.

A word to the wise. It ain't official unless the staff say it is. Just sayin'.

So DO you say it is? Shall we get the true seal of approval for this?

It quite patently isn't.

On-Topic. The character designs were great but the crossover itself was IMO patchy at best. The only bit that I can really remember liking was a twisted version of Dani Moonstar torturing Deadpool (or in the AOA universe Dead Man Wade) over and over again, just for kicks. Other than that it was a bit of a mess.

I think it was best enjoyed when it first came out, when the X-titles ceased to exist for a few months and were replaced with AOA titles. I don't think you can appreciate the cross-over fully unless you were into comics when it was out. The story itself was mediocre at best, but most X-stories at that time were the same way.

i thought this story was awesome when it came out. I was also 10. i remember the Wolverine vs Sabretooth issue leading into AOA being an epic battle. I wish i was still so easily optimistic.

I never really read AOA. I was more a Spidey fan as a kid (and actually got into comics reading the Clone Saga), and while I tried reading the AOA graphic novels I never really made it past the first few issues.

However design wise I do love how these guys look and if I can find them cheap enough, I think I might get them. I certainly won't rush into it though as I'm not sure if I have the money and space at this moment in time.

. i remember the Wolverine vs Sabretooth issue leading into AOA being an epic battle.

Man Wolverine 90 was an awesome issue, some of Adam Kuberts best work. Im so gonna go dig that out now for a read.

AOA still remains one of my faves. the newest story sucked but the old still holds up IMO.

Maybe it's because i'm a bit sentimental about the era - but i still stand by my judgement of AoA being the best X-Men x-over in modern times.

Nothing i have read in the 15 years since then has had the fully formed feeling of completion that those 4 months that the AoA story ran for did.

I think the editors and writers did a pretty good job of working all 8 titles together to complete 1 over-arching story. And it was very exciting to see 1) the drastic re-imagining of the characters & 2) a massive story arc where Wolverine was a peripheral character.

I don't think the X-Men writers have created as big a story since then with as much success.

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Nessex

i think Axel has been doing great job of reuniting the x-men universe into the large scale crossovers of the 90's these last few years.

back on topic, We might end up with a Nate Grey minimate, but I hope for a Sugarman. AA has been bringing the heat in terms of shapes and designs over in the Ghostbusters line, i dont think Sugarman would be TOO much of a stretch for them.