UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Head Sticker Kit

EDIT: This kit is finished! :)

head_logo.jpg

headstickers02.jpg

headstickers03.jpg

Upgrade your collection and defeat unsightly head holes with the Mini-Figure Head Sticker Kit! This kit includes 45 head stickers in a wide variety of colors and designs, incorporating many suggestions from right here in this thread. They are printed on high quality polyester film, and as you can see above, they are a perfect fit. The only supplies needed are a sharp pair of scissors! This kit includes at least 2 of each sticker, in case you make a mistake with the first one. Multiple stickers are included for common colors and army builder characters. The kit also includes detailed application instructions and suggestions. The Mini-Figure Head Sticker Kit is priced at only $2.99 and is in stock here:

Mini-Figure Head Sticker Kit

Here is the original post:

Hey guys,

I am thinking of releasing a set of minimate head stickers that would cover up the peg holes on characters that really shouldn't have holes in their heads. Here is an example:

IMG_1510.jpg

The paper is the new polyester film paper that I have fallen in love with lately. It is slightly glossier than a standard minimate, but it really isn't too noticeable, and you could always give it a coat of dull or matte clear acrylic paint. If you apply the sticker correctly, it won't even leave a divot where the existing hole is.

What colors would make sense for a set like this? So far I have:

1. Hydra Agent green

2. Red and slightly dark red, for different Spider-Man mates

3. Flesh colored

4. Black

5. White

And is this something that you would even be interested in?

Thanks for looking! :)

I have thought about this for some time and did't know what the best way to go about it would be. Thank you, Luke, for coming up with a semi-official way of doing this. I think your idea is awesome.

A couple thoughts:

First, is the Hydra green the same as the vault guard green? If not, would that be a possible color to add?

Second, would it be possible to do hair colors/textures? War Machine Rhodey comes to mind, as does one of the zombies.

Lastly, how would you sell them? Would it be like a set of X number of each color? Or would you sell each sticker (or a set of two for mistakes) individually so we could get the correct number for each of our armies? The later could work similar to Lego's pick-a-brick option where the more common colors are a little cheaper and the rare toppers (see my hair idea) are a little more expensive.

Whatever you decide to do, Luke, I will be buying these from you for sure.

I like the idea... I don't know if I'd spend money on them, this seems more like it should be a downloadable template at the minimate factory.

Being just colored circles, I can't see these as being something I couldn't just make at home...

I will say however if the price was right (like 10-25 cents a piece?) and I could order specifically what I wanted, now I understand there would probably be a minimum order amount since ordering 1 disc is just crazy, but if I MUST get 12 I'd rather be able to pick 10 green, 1 red, and 1 flesh rather then being forced to buy a set of 12 disc made up of 2 of each color... since even though I *could* make them at home if I could pick exactly what I wanted the convenience of not having to make enough decals to fill a full sheet before printing would make them worth ordering.

I certainly think it's a great idea and while I can see where dr baghead is coming from, I'd be happy to buy them from you.

Out of interest, would they be removable? I'm wondering if I'd want to put the mask back on (in the case of Hydra Soldier), if I trade/give/sell them to someone who might not want it on etc.

To answer your questions about how these would be sold, I wouldn't have the time to do custom mixes, so you would probably get a half sheet of stickers (which would be around 50 head stickers of different colors) along with the instructions for $2.99. This paper size is the most convenient for my wife and I to print and package, since it is the same format as our other decal kits. I will try to find an optimum mix of stickers that will give you at least two for each character (in case you make a mistake), and more for army builders like Hydra.

A couple thoughts:

First, is the Hydra green the same as the vault guard green? If not, would that be a possible color to add?

Second, would it be possible to do hair colors/textures? War Machine Rhodey comes to mind, as does one of the zombies.

Great ideas! I will make sure these get into the mix.

Out of interest, would they be removable? I'm wondering if I'd want to put the mask back on (in the case of Hydra Soldier), if I trade/give/sell them to someone who might not want it on etc.

Yes, they peel off fairly easily, and do not leave any residue behind.

Thanks for the comments so far! :)

A couple thoughts:

Great ideas! I will make sure these get into the mix.

Ooh, ooh, what about the web pattern we've never gotten for the top of Spidey's noggin?

Ooh, ooh, what about the web pattern we've never gotten for the top of Spidey's noggin?

Consider it done. :)

Would they be removable from the sheet as already pre-cut circles? Or would we have to cut them out?

Assuming they're like the other decal kits he's done, I'd say you had to cut them.

Correct, I don't have the ability to make pre-cut circles for these, and it would be much too expensive to have a print shop make these. But there will be extras of every sticker, in case you make a mistake when cutting them out.

Luke,I don't customise ...I just sit back & marvel at what you & your disciples produce but on this occasion I might be able to help.

I may well be teaching granny to suck eggs but there are circular labels that exist that are 10mm which may well fit a Minimate .......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-A4-Sheets-Circul...plies_Labels_LE

These may well be unsuitable for use on a laser or ink-jet etc. printer but what is undeniable...... is that they exist.... & if I've quickly found one seller then there must be others that might have something that will work.

Just saying.

Luke,I don't customise ...I just sit back & marvel at what you & your disciples produce but on this occasion I might be able to help.

I may well be teaching granny to suck eggs but there are circular labels that exist that are 10mm which may well fit a Minimate .......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-A4-Sheets-Circul...plies_Labels_LE

These may well be unsuitable for use on a laser or ink-jet etc. printer but what is undeniable...... is that they exist.... & if I've quickly found one seller then there must be others that might have something that will work.

Just saying.

Cool, I will check into it!

How about a blue to match the Captain Marvel Minimate? Then it becomes a full mask head that you can use for lots of things.

Done. :)

Forgive me if this has been mentioned - but would this possibly infringe on copyright? black web on a red disc? I don't wanna be a downer, i'm just worried it might bring negative attention to Luke's Toy Store.

Maybe i'm being overly cautious.

something to think about anyway. . .

BTW Luke, I was thinking: if you're going to be selling these as full sheets, do you think you could put a couple generic male and female chest decals on there? I know I've got several customs using black chests that just need a little muscle detail. Say maybe a half-dozen or so?