UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Adventures

I'm working on a new special features section that will show how I make the issues... and I was keeping that in mind when I made this week's episode, so when I get that section of the site up and running, you will all be able to see how I did that particular effect. But for now I will tell you that it was sticky tac for a base, touched up via photoshop.

And I always say that every time I punch someone in the face :P

...that was a joke, btw ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys, I fell behind a bit. I have other priorities that I need to be taking care of this week before MMA, and I'm still not done with them :(

I normally try to stay ahead by at least 2 weeks, so that this kind of thing doesn't happen, but unfortunately I fell into a 3 week writer's block, and couldn't for the life of me come up with something worth making an issue out of. Which stinks, cuz it caught up to me this week :huh:

But I have this week's issue in-the-works, and hopefully by next Friday I'll have a special bonus for you guys...

I read two online comics on a regular basis...

Grim & The JC & Shortpacked, for added convenience the two links i just posted start off at the beginning of the comics...

But after recently reading through Minimate Adventures i'm gonna have to add that to my list as well...

I've now definitely got to get myself a Kubrick professor X Chair for my Minimate professor X because it looks far better than the official MM version...

Excellent work though Donny, made me ::cbol:: a few times while i was reading through...

Grim & The JC & Shortpacked, for added convenience the two links i just posted start off at the beginning of the comics...

But after recently reading through Minimate Adventures i'm gonna have to add that to my list as well...

I've now definitely got to get myself a Kubrick professor X Chair for my Minimate professor X because it looks far better than the official MM version...

Excellent work though Donny, made me ::cbol:: a few times while i was reading through...

You may want to check out some others. Like Ctrl-Alt-Del, VG Cats, and 8-bit Theater. I read Shortpacked! too.

You may want to check out some others. Like Ctrl-Alt-Del, VG Cats, and 8-bit Theater. I read Shortpacked! too.

I'll google them tomorrow, cheers for the heads up dude :)

Check out Grim And The JC. highly funny stuff and highly recommended...

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Nov 18 2006, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On top of CAD (Ctrl+Alt+Del), I also keep updated on Red vs Blue, which is a video series (click on the link that says "videos", on the left side) ... Those are the two big ones that I get a really big kick out of :)

Don't need to tell me, I'm wearing a Caboose hoodie right now!

Nothing this week either?

Sorry. It's been a crazy hectic week... and I fear that it's only going to get worse from here on out, until Christmas is over.

I'm sorry that I didn't have the update ready for this morning. I usually try to get the friday update posted before I go to bed on Thursday night, but things have not been allowing me to do that. I've been trying all day today (and all day yesterday) to just sit down and get everything finished, but I keep getting interrupted.

Anyway, I am currently finishing up the photoshop work on today's strip... give me a couple more hours (I still need to put it all together and get the words punched out and all that) and I'll have this week's and last week's issues posted. Though, unfortunately, I won't have that bonus ready that I mentioned last week. That will have to wait till next friday (or sooner, if I can get it done in a timely manner).

I do apologize to everyone who has been waiting so patiently for my updates... I've been caught up in other *more important* things, as well as self-made distractions. I will try to get a reign on my scheduling so that this won't happen again... :huh:

Donny,

No worries, no need to apologise, we love your stuff but understand that real life comes first... It always ahs and always will.

Just drop us a post in here when it's up so we can come marvel (bad pun) at the new stuff :)

T.

It's really hard to accurately convey emotions/attitudes via the internet. I wasn't trying to sound like I was groveling or anything. I was just saying a 'my bad' for not getting the updates posted according to the schedule that I had set up.

And yes, real life will always be more important. Family, friends, job... and I am seriously anticipating a very busy Christmas season this year, so don't be too dissapointed if I miss another week or two before January :mellow:

Anyway, I finally got the stuff done. Issues 81 & 82 are up, and hopefully issue 83 & a special bonus issue will be ready for next week :D

If any of you get the Benji gag, let me know. I threw it in kinda at the last minute, and I'm afraid that it may be a bit too vague to be funny...

I cut the peg off the chair and glued a minimate peg (cut off of a minimate torso piece) in it's place. I tried to make it as functional as possible, so that if I ever feel the need to have someone else sit in the chair for whatever reason, it will be easy and simple to switch them out.

I used to read Shortpacked, till Willis decided I was public enemy #1. We've both agreed that if we meet at a convention, that we're both gona get hauled out by the cops for assault . I can't stand that guy.

Anyways, I read Alpha Shade, Megatokyo, Count Your Sheep, VG Cats, Press Start To Play, Applegeeks, Swordwaltzer, Chugworth, Least I Could Do, Minimate Adventures and RVB.

I used to read Shortpacked, till Willis decided I was public enemy #1. We've both agreed that if we meet at a convention, that we're both gona get hauled out by the cops for assault . I can't stand that guy.

Anyways, I read Alpha Shade, Megatokyo, Count Your Sheep, VG Cats, Press Start To Play, Applegeeks, Swordwaltzer, Chugworth, Least I Could Do, Minimate Adventures and RVB.

Can I ask HOW that happened?

How what? How we hate eachother? We just do. Over the years, he's deemed it fit to brush off my opinion as if I don't have one. When I've called him on it, he's reacted negatively. It's just escalated from there. It got so bad that at one point he and M Spiher were hunting down my posts and bashing my opinion on a topic they had nothing to do with, on various sites even.

Yeah, I'm prolly exaggerating a little, but not much. Now we actively ignore one another. I'm fairly certain he's forgotten i exist.