UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Adventures

I would like to take a moment to officially announce the relaunch of Minimate Adventures!

As of this moment, MinimateAdventures.com is open to the public (finally!)...

Some of you may remember this site from a while ago. I started it two years ago this week, but took a break 6 months into it. The past year and a half have been crazy for me, and I wasn't able to commit as much time as I wanted into revamping the site. But little by little, I worked on it when I had the chance... and now, the redesign is complete and ready to be viewed by the public again :lol:

So... take a wander over to www.minimateadventures.com and take a look around. There's plenty there for new and old fans alike! And while you're at it, drop me a comment or whatever and let me know what you think! I'd love to take any suggestions to make the site better!

I just hope that y'all enjoy it. In reality, I produce these comics for myself... but I make them available for viewing so that other people can get some of the enjoyment out of them that I get :D

Updates on Fridays B)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The site's looking awesome Donny. I've missed your strips. They were always so funny, and we photographed... I can't get over how nice the pics turn out.

Donny - I love the revamp, it looks really nice.

The strips themselves, as you know, where all pretty much perfect to begin with. I love the added extras you have; the Bloopers, always funny stuff and it's a great way to get an additional gag in without taking the limited-panel comic strip off at a tangent.

As well as MMHQ doing a piece, I will also be promoting your site on MMC's news page :)

do you know how often you are going to update with the next issue?

My tentative plan is to update every friday with one new issue, and possibly some extras here and there.

Like I said... it's tentative. I have everything all planned out, but you never know when something big is going to come up. But I have next week's issue just about ready, so I am at least on track for one week :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

As per the request of a couple of cooler people on the board, I am going to post here when I update over at MMA...

Just to let you all know, my updating schedule is every Friday B)

Anyway, there is a new issue up (and also a newly listed deleted scene). I know it's not officially friday yet for some of you, but it is for me... sorta.

On another note - I was looking through my plans for future issues, and noticed something that I wanted to ask y'all about.

What do you like to read more:

1) a continuing, ongoing, multipart storyline (where I use like 5 to 10 consecutive issues to tell one story)

or

2) evenly spaced stories, where one story is being told one week, but wont be touched on again till maybe a month later, all the while, there are like 10 different stories being told. That's how I am currently doing the site (great example; the 'Bullying 101' issues)

I dont think I will ever totally stop the evenly spaced stories. I can't, cuz there are so many characters... but my question is; should I start throwing in more multi(consecutive)issue story archs? Or do you all like it the way it is currently going? Or does it really not matter at all?

Any input you guys want to give would be great :D Thanx

I know I would like one ongoing storyline, but what your doing now is cool too.

I agree with you that panel 5 of "Deleted Scene #4" is awesome and needs to be worked into the story somehow. Actually, I'd like to see the entire strip (minus SuperHulk for the sake of continuity) or maybe just more issues with heroes jumping from buildings!

As for how you present your stories Donny, that is entirely up to you my friend. I'm loving what you're doing now and I hope it continues and expands as more lines are released. Cylon invasion anyone?

As for how you present your stories Donny, that is entirely up to you my friend.

Yeah, that's the thing. I totally am doing this for my own enjoyment and not to get ratings (or I most likely would have given up a while ago). But one of the things I am really getting into is the ability to stretch myself artistically, and the area that I'm really wanting to focus on doing that with is my storytelling (since Ive never really concentrated on that too much in the past). So I figured I'd ask around and see what kind of stretching I could do with my storytelling abilities and all that.

The day that I begin tailoring my strip to what everyone else wants is the day I stop making strips. For now (and hopefully till I die) I just want to make the best strip I can make. Limiting myself only to what I would naturally do when left to my own thought process is a good way to hinder the progression of good storytelling :D

Yeah, I almost impressed myself with that floury jibber jab :P

I know I'm new here, and as such my opinion probably doesn't yet count as highly as some of the more senior members, but I just had to tell you how much I've enjoyed your "Adventures" thus far. I discovered your site via this one, and really enjoyed what I've seen thus far. I reminds me a lot of what Toyfare did with Twisted Mego Theater. It is both manic and yet very cerebral comedy and I anxiously await more material of any kind. Keep up the good work and thanks for the entertainment.

Oh and thanks for the great Avatar selection.

• 2 weeks later...