UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Holy Grails in your collecting.

Aquaman is one of the most consistently under-valued Minimates out there, IMO. Think what you will about the character, he is an iconic founding member of the JLA, and is a great looking Minimate.

My one complaint with the Aquaman Minimate (and it's a small one, I know) is that he doesn't have black trunks, and the painted on belt makes it difficult to switch his crotch out. He just doesn't look like Aquaman to me with all-green pants.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got one of my holy grails on eBay. Back when target clearanced the CS mini flyers I was able to get everyone except the Riddler.

Now I found lots of Riddlers on eBay but never one with his cane and regular hair piece. Last week I found one and spent way more than I wanted to.

However while bidding I wrote a Minimate Theatre around the Riddler with a unique take and I just had to have him.

46.00 later I got my Riddler. One less holy grail. Now I just need me an appropriately priced Warpath/Angel two pack.

Wow. . .that is pricey. Congrats, though! Though it won't be particularly rare or expensive as far as these things go, and though it hasn't even been released yet, a new "grail" for me was announced today, as I posted in the 1/6 scale thread:

http://toy-world.com.hk/forum/attachments/...Ul9FoX1DJGS.jpg

This will definitely be a centerpiece in my collection.

I love you, Hot Toys.

Got Kilowog today. Had to put aside some money for a few weeks, but now he's mine.

I also bought the Nightcrawler minimate. I always thought it was way to expensive so I was just going to wait out the inevitable re-release. Well, I saw it for $25AUS+shipping, thought may as well. 2 days later the Excalibur box set is announced. <_<

Are you gonna go for that one of these days?

I never say never but that is too steep a price for me......half it & maybe I'm in the game. I just love the whole Maschinen Krieger concept & I just hope it all gets recognised one day by Hollywood .

BTW this http://cgi.ebay.com/SF3D-ONE-KIND-1-16-SCA...=item27b523d190 is currently tempting me .

i can't think of anything in particular... i'd love that Hot Toys Joker, but could never justify paying that much for a 'toy'

Minimates... I never got the maximate Sentinel, that'd be nice... with all the 2" fellas I pass him off as Mastermold or something

The Holy Grail for my Minimate Collection would be Elf Spock. I was able to get my hands on a Unification Spock and now all I need is Elf Spock to complete my Star Trek Minimate Collection which is really all I collect.

I would love to also get my hands on Flash & Grodd and Classic Batman & Clayface. I broke down and opened all my DC minimates yesterday to finish a custom I am making for an Orion Animal Woman. I wanted different and wild hair for her so I openned my BD Wonder Woman & Cheetah to use Cheetah's hair. like Cheetah better with the Orion Animal Woman's hair so it is a win/win for me.

I would also like to get my hands on Lady Liberty from Ghostbusters to be even happier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got my current Grail off of Kijiji this morning.

First4Figures Green Tunic Link statue for only $100 + shipping.

I normally see this statue on ebay for about $300 + shipping

This completes my 'released' F4F Zelda Statue Series. Now to play the waiting game for the ones I have preordered. Shadow Link just went up yesterday :)

Next/Current Grail:

Shadow of the Colossus - The First Colossus Statue by Kotobukiya

• 1 year later...

My Holy Grails of collecting are Perona World Collectable Figure from Banpresto, Gleek from DC Universe Classics, and just because of price Warpath from the Toys R Us wave 4.

Grails that I've obtained are Giganta from DC Universe Classics, as for Minimates I have three grails, Scarlet Spider, Moonstone and Hulk Buster Iron Man.

Edited by Heroic Slacker

No other collectible will make me happier than an original Albert Einstein autograph, to be the centerpiece of my Einstein collection. :)

It appears on ebay from time to time at a reasonable price, but I'm very cautious. On the other hand, those that constantly get relisted are being sold by more reputable sellers, but I can't afford it. :(

Unification Spock would be a welcome addition to this Trek fan's Minimate collection.

My DC Minimate collection is missing Man-Bat and Martian Manhunter (the latter due to a trade that went unfulfilled).

Somehow I missed out on the Iron Spider-Man 'mate but since he was missing the legs protruding from his back, I'm hoping DST revisits the figure someday with an upgrade.

Like so many other Star Wars collectors, I need a Vintage Yak Face and Blue Snaggletooth to complete that childhood set.

What I really need is a time machine, in part to save a few of the toys I ended up ditching as a wee lad.