UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we will be looking for these by the end of the month (I can only speak for Canada)

Thanks for the UPC'S in a couple of days ill call up my local toys r us later to see if they are in their system.It'll be awesome getting these by the end of the month

Which reused hairpiece does Reed have? I can't tell from the angle in the box and the photo on the back of the pack (Lee Adama) is not the one on the actual mate. What do y'all think?

Hmm. Good eye, Mini_Myte. Could it be Dr. Frankenstein's? It's got the artfully out of place bit. I don't know.

I really like how the entire wave is dedicated around one marvel super group this time around.

I agree - i quite like it when a wave is themed around a certain family of characters. (36 = IronMan, 34 = X-Men, etc . . . ).

Although the waves that are mixed are a good idea sometimes too - as at least in a mixed wave there's bound to be someone i can get excited about. EG: Storm made wave 29 much more of a big deal for me. Without her - it's not much of a wave for X-Men fans.

Still - i do prefer the themed waves. . . so long as they are a theme that i like :P

While I was initially excited about an all Fantastic Four wave, I must admit I was a bit disappointed. As others here have mentioned, it would have been nice to get some redos that were really different, such as the team in their white accent costumes (rather than the black as has been done before...twice). Still, these are a lighter blue which is nice and they are improvements from the original release.

While I am glad to have Mole Man, I would like to have seen some other FF villains or allies besides Namor, Atlantean, and yet another Doom. Adding to the Inhumans roster would have been nice as would She-Hulk. Of course, had they done She-Hulk they would have to be in their white uniforms to match, which really would have been ideal.

Still, I can't complain. DST has done a lot with my personal favorites, the X-Men. We still have a somewhat incomplete Excalibur (Meggan and updated Nightcrawler) and there are other some characters missing from the Australia-based team (Longshot and Dazzler) as well as costume variants (Storm, Rogue, Colossus, and maybe an updated Wolverine). But it has been a great year for MiniMate Mutants!

But, I don't want to hijack this thread with my personal wishlist. :) I will pick these up for sure as I am an FF fan, but there could be some improvements. It could be worse...the short-lived FF that had Wolverine, Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Spider-man!

30929984076.348.gif30929984076.349.gif (photos courtesy of Mile High Comics)

I know I shouldn't give DST any ideas, huh? But if we could get those versions of Reed, Johnny, and Sue, I'd buy those too!

I agree. When I walk into my local TRU and they don't have the latest releases, I don't pick up an impulse item or browse the rest of the store. I just storm out. I usually punch the first employee I see too. They always wince when they see me approaching the register with nothing in my hands.

:lol:

Really nice wave, I'm uber excited for these new FF mates. I do kinda hope we'll see some FF in wave 38, since I see a few useless figs in this wave. We have 2 perfectly good Namor mates, and this Doom looks awful. This would've been the perfect opportunity to get a few new FF Rogues like Wizard, Annihilus, or even Dragon Man.

Still, I'm all for Mole Man and an updated FF team. Too bad we don't get the Moloids. :pinch:

I agree that Namor is a wasted slot. That Doom looks nothing like Doom as he apeared in FF 5 either. I would have made the following substitutions:

Namor for Attuma

Atlantian for Moloid

Doom for Ronan the Accuser or Annihilus

Edited by Rheul

A month or so ago, I finally sent in around 75 of those business replies that are included in the boxes of marvel minimates. On the bottom of the form under the “additional comments” section I made three different requests:

25X, I request a re-do of the Fantastic Four along with Moleman and subterranean men/ moloid army builders.

25X, I request a re-do of Juggernaut and the Rhino (both with muscular bodies and duck feet).

25X, I request Attuma and Tiger shark (both with muscular bodies and duck feet) along with Atlantian Warrior army builders.

Then I just noticed at minimate headquarters, on Ask DST #83, one of the responses was, “Chance for more Fantastic Four, updated Rhino, updated Juggernaut.” So who knows, maybe they do listen to those business replies.

(Yeah right) :tongue:

I had previously posted this on the minimates updated wish list thread awhile back,

I guess they really do listen to your requests!

I agree that Namor is a wasted slot. That Doom looks nothing like Doom as he apeared in FF 5 either. I would have made the following substitutions:

Namor for Attuma

Atlantian for Moloid

I actually quite like the new Namor. I thought the vest on the Invaders Namor was a little too . . . Blocky? Wait - they're block figures, so that's obviously the wrong word. Too Bulky! And the Naked Invaders Namor doesn't really go with his current look - so i'd like to have this one.

I do agree that Doom looks pretty terrible and would much rather have had Attuma, Ronan or Annihilus. Annihilus would actually make a freaking awesome minimate! They could potentially re-use the wings to give us a Dragon Man too!

Perhaps those villains weren't marketable enough to the guy at TRU who picks the waves? We know he's a marvel fan, but he's also in charge of making money at TRU & more people know Doom than know Annihilus. I didn't know who he was till he appeared in the Marvel Legends line.

Lets hope that this Doom can be salvaged with a spare Spectre hood as was previously suggested in this thread.

Namor for Attuma

Atlantian for Moloid

Much as I like Subby, a figure of Attuma would've been like getting Kang for me. I'd go nuts!

I like the Atlantean, though, so while I want a Moleoid badly I'm cool with Atlantean's for now.

Ronan, Annihilus or Blastaar would've been spectacular... but I do like that Doom, even if his colar isn't exactly as it was in FF 5.

Namor for Attuma

Atlantian for Moloid

Yes.

Yes.

And Hell yes!!

I can't believe Annihilus and/or Ronan didn't make the cut, unless we've some "Fantastic" surprises in store for us in Series 38. Then again, this is a retool-wave, so I guess it's no surprise. However, let the record show that we want some Annihilus, Ronan, Attuma, Moloids, and throw-in a Watcher too while your at it! Make it happen around the same time our Inhumans get completed and it truly would be Fantastic. B)

*DragonMan would be cool too, though I'm of the camp that prefers a little bit of scale difference when it comes to the larger characters (I know, "blasphe-mini"!). Two inch just ain't gonna cut it unless he gets some serious bulking and extensions IMHO.

Edited by cdubya

If Annihilus and Ronan are going to be made I wouldn't be surprised if DST held them back for a cosmic-themed wave. Throw Gladiator in as well and you'd have a wave that could appeal to cosmic, FF, and X-men fans.

Gladiator would be opening a whole new can of worms. I'd rather see them finish off The Inhumans before getting into The Shi'ar Imperial Guard. The FF has a lot of great villains. I wish they would lay off the Doom for a while... A Gladiator/Battle Damaged Thing would be a cool 2 pack though. Throw in Sand Man with a six pack pack-in that wave and you can recreate the classic issue where Sandy sneaks beer into the hospital for Ben whose had his a$$ kicked by Gladiator.

Hopefully we will be looking for these by the end of the month (I can only speak for Canada)

Thanks for the UPC'S in a couple of days ill call up my local toys r us later to see if they are in their system.It'll be awesome getting these by the end of the month

Looks like they have been pushed back a bit. To the second week of September.

Gladiator would be opening a whole new can of worms. I'd rather see them finish off The Inhumans before getting into The Shi'ar Imperial Guard.

But. . .Gladiator is far more well known than the rest of the Imperial Guard, IMO. I can imagine him being released on his own, without any complementary members.