UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colour me happy. Moleman and translucent Human Torch with a logo :) I said in another thread I would be happy with a Torch like the SHS squad one that had a logo on it and now its here :D

weakest of these has to be Dr doom it just looks a little wacky.

So this looks like a preview of waves 38/39 I would guess with the Atlantian soldier and a yet unseen Moleman minion as the army builders.

Nice touch is that Moleman has the shorter foot like Ma Hunkel and I think penguin to show his stature.

These look great! Finally Mole Man :woot: I'm not too keen on that Doom either though, but oh well, I'm happy with the rest. Serious packaging design flaw on the Atlantean Soldier though, can't even see the figure with that helmet broom sticking up. It almost looks like there's a censored bar in front of his face.

BS

SHA-BANG!

Finally; a sue Storm who doesn't look like Mrs Brady!

FA Doom looks like a pretty pitiful parts re-use figure. Clearly it's a bit of a parts re-use wave in general, but i think it's time to retire that Moon Knight Cape+Hood . . .

They've done well to find more figures to use the Ares parts though!

i think i'll just begetting the exclusives from this wave - they seem like the 4 figures i want most anyway.

Edited by Nessex

"TRU exclusive army builder" - nothing like taking the already-in-demand shortpacked sets and adding even more reason to buy them...

The wave does look nice - that's the best looking Reed we've ever gotten, Sue looks nice, and Thing looks a little top-heavy.

Mole Man is great (need Moloid army-builders now), but I wish they had used a different hood for First Appearance Doom.

I think these are the best versions of the FF team yet. From the photos, I think I like this Thing better than the wave 37 one. Doom might need some work, but Mole Man looks fantastic. I wonder if the Atlantean Soldier will come with a trident/spear?

love it this wave looks great

So the only ones that exclusives are the sticker ones? Does that meant that the other are probably going to be the bulk of wave 38? Regardless I have to get the FF and I always wanted a better Sue. If the half invisible one is exclusive I'm gonna have to get her. Can pass on Namor though. The Invaders one is the only one I think I'll ever need.

As an extra note for all my fellow canucks on here....I have been told that this wave will be the start of these TRU waves being available at Canadian TRUs!!!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Hopefully it will be :)

I will see if I can find the UPC's for this set.

marvel_tru_series8_namor-soldier_front.j

Exclusive sticker. :(

Hadn't noticed that, sorry. I was going by the description underneath:

This time it’s Toys R Us Minimate Style!

Oh yes, in TRU Marvel Series 8, the Fantastic Foursome battles the likes of their most prolific villians…Namor, Doom, and Mole Man!

The 2-pks (with commentary) are as follows:

The moley Mole Man & The non-moley Sue Storm (Exclusive to TRU!)

Underwater nemesis Namor & his worker fish Atlantean Soldier

The dashing Mr. Fantastic & the scheming Dr. Doom

The meddlesome Human Torch & the stoic Thing

Check them out only in Toys R Us!

So I guess we'll just have to wait for the Wave 38 line up to find out if the description, or the sticker are wrong :rolleyes:

BS

my guess is that the namor/atlantean is a variant pairing with maybe the namor being exclusive because they need someone with a variant to be paired with the army builder for the regular wave

Or, they could fix the frakking case ratio so that these are plentiful enough so that people who only want one can get it & people who want 10 can also get them...

But we know that'll never happen, because they've already flat-out refused to... *sigh* :(

There'll be a bunch of people who have a crapload, and even more who have none.

Prove me wrong, DST. Please. I'd rather be whining for nothing than completely justified for it.

I'd rather everyone here say "told you so, just relax", than have to go through another Bullseye/Moonstone/Warpath/Angel/Hulkbuster Iron Man/Gamma Hulk (I have never seen a single one of these in stores - ever) situation again.