UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sci-Fi Mates Custom Contest!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my entry for the sci fi competition, I was really happy with it, that is until I saw all the other customs... Well this is my very first minimate custom and it has got me into doing some quick customs. I made Darth Vader as he is probably the most recognizable sci fi character of all time, I used a base figure then did alot of sculpting with sculpey and some pieces of a cape to make the figure, everything is hand sculpted onto a minimate base. Aside from how insanely awesome it would be to even place on my first minimate competition, I want to know the thoughts of anyone who wants to give them, thanks!

dscn2222tj3.th.jpg

Save the Minimate, save the world.

-claire.jpg

Claire Bennet from Heroes.

First off, there are some amazing customs so far. Absolutely amazing.

And secondly, my apologies that my figure is flat-chested. I started to give it some enhancements and my wife was pretty vocal about the issue ('isn't that just crossing the line a little?'). I know this hurts my chances a bit ;) , but I would like to point out the figure is using a Gwen Stacey lower half so that means she's not wearing any underwear. Enjoy.

Wow an influx of fantastic entries.

Well done to you all, they are fab. The Prof X face for Locutus is a nice touch considering the actor, and that red laser attachment is awesome.

The Slave Leia has been created superbly.

Tron's looking great especially the "light up" shot.

The Heroes character came out very close to the source material.

The Vader has been well done - Star Wars characters seem to work well as Minimates hint hint ;)

And finally the Flash Gordon is again very close to the source pictures.

Cutting this entry deadline close, but here's my entry:

Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

FF7AC_Cloud.jpg

This one was fun... Trying to get the sword to work was tough, but it does all work.

Hope that you all like him...

Coming in at the wire yet again. Here we have everybody's favorite Series 4000 Mechanoid, Kryten 2X4B-523P from Red Dwarf.

kryten.jpg

He also comes with an accessory, a groinal socket attachment for vacuuming or whisking up an omelete.

socket.jpg

Thanks for the contest smegheads. :D :D It gave me the push I needed to actually make this custom. I've wanted to do it for quite some time, but I'm just... well.. lazy. :)

...But it's amazing how many people don't want them, eh Ivan?

You "cutting it to the wire with your great entries" people. Tsk. Kryten looks great, the head "shaped like a novelty condom dispenser" was always going to be a toughy to capture Minimates-style, done a pretty good job there.

I really love that Beastman, he's spot on.

Cloud Strife, love that sword combo!