UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sci-Fi Mates Custom Contest!!!

AdyCarter

I'm curious about the definition of 'sci-fi' - how strictly are we adhearing to the Star Wars/Trek/BSG/whatever genre? I've got an idea, but it may not exactly 'fit' as well as I'd like - but I could explain how it is science fiction.

Nevermind - answered my own question by looking at the top 100 sci fi movies. :D

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious about the definition of 'sci-fi' - how strictly are we adhearing to the Star Wars/Trek/BSG/whatever genre? I've got an idea, but it may not exactly 'fit' as well as I'd like - but I could explain how it is science fiction.

Nevermind - answered my own question by looking at the top 100 sci fi movies. :D

ok fess up it's a Kelly Lebrock 'Lisa' custom isn't it..... :)

T.

ok fess up it's a Kelly Lebrock 'Lisa' custom isn't it..... :)

T.

Actually I was thinking Gary and Wyatt with bras on their heads.... :lol:

That is a really nice custom. Great Job.

I am not trying to start anything here but I guess I am a little confused at what is to be considered sci-fi. Are there any rules or paramaters for this contest or do we all just make whatever we want and hope that somehow it fits in someones defintition? It seems like things are a little vague here.

That is a really nice custom. Great Job.

I am not trying to start anything here but I guess I am a little confused at what is to be considered sci-fi. Are there any rules or paramaters for this contest or do we all just make whatever we want and hope that somehow it fits in someones defintition? It seems like things are a little vague here.

Its vague because sci-fi is vague definition.

Jurassic Park contains elements of science that are fictional, hence its Sci-fi, stretching possibly but the category is wide ranging. Just look at what the Sci-Fi Channel shows.

ok, here's my entry. i wish i was as talented as some on this board with photoshop, so i could have put him in a decent background, but im not. and maybe i'll fair a bit better than i did in the comic cover contest but.... :( anyway one of my all time favorite sci-fi characters: part man,...part machine,...ALL cop

b%20robo5.JPG

b%20robo4.JPG

b%20robo2.JPG

and the computer accessing spike

b%20robo7.JPG

That's awesome Matt, Cool metallic paint :)

He was one of the idea I had for this contest, glad i didnt go with him now :)

T.

p.s. my entries going to be delayed until next weekend as I'm out of town tomorrow for the rest of the week. :(