UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sci-Fi Mates Custom Contest!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure I'll feel stupid for asking this since star wars was already mentioned but by the strictest defintion of "science fiction" star wars does not fit the bill its more fantasy than anything star trek however is pure sci-fi, staff?

and as for one final bit of clarifcation its been said that previous entries can't be used does that mean anything you personaly have posted or does that include figs anyone has posted? stupid I know but thought I would ask.

thanks just making sure I'm on the same page.

There isn't a hard line on the sci-fi genre because it can encompass so much.

In this case your are referring Star Wars as science fantasy in which it contains both Science Fiction and Fantasy elements.

Like the grandmaster said, just ask.

I think a basic definition of "science fiction" if I'm not mistaken would be a story that involves expounding on known science (I.E. star trek is a vision of our, humans, future and what we can possibly achive with our science, star wars though by its own admission takes place "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" so nothing to do with anything we currently know so for my money at best science fantasy) the term as it's being used here though encompases any sub-genre in the sci-fi family although I imagine pure fantasy would be off limits (i.e. lord of the rings) even though I think it would fall under this header as a sub catagory.

just wanted to make my thought a bit more defined and as the staff says they have final word on ruling if a character fits the contest guide lines.

hope I haven't dragged things to far off topic.

Some more answers to stuff I've been PM'd:

Does it have to be a minimate, or made from Minimate parts?

Im curious about this one so yes, you can make "something" from Minimate parts (ala Ivans tentacle creatures)

Frankenstein ('s Monster)?

At a push yes seen as the Sci-Fi channel show some horror...

Please try not to deviate too far though... Someone from CSI isnt acceptable regardless of the fact its fiction and involves science :P

Well I've been taking a careful look at the other members work in the customs area and I have to say its a very talented group of people out there, that being said I wanted to keep it simple and do a basic repaint for my first MM custom hope you folks enjoy this. Before he was "Coast to Coast" he was everyones favorite cosmic superhero... SPAAACE GHOOOOOST!

Click here to listen to the

spaceghost-standing.jpg

space_ghost_1.jpg

Best of luck to everyone and I'm really looking forward to seeing all the customs over the next few weeks!

Well, I have one done but have to get a good picture. for some reason they keep coming out blury. I do think you guys will like it though.

Use the Macro mode on your camera, and don't try and get too close to the Minimate. With the size needed to show off your custom in a pic you don't need to get really close up. Also make sure you are focused on teh Minimate itself and not something in the background ;)

macro mode huh - kool - you learn something new everyday

Here is my entry. It is Col. Jack ONeill from Stargate SG1. He is based off of ONeill's appearance in the later seasons right before he became a general. If you look close he even has the scar above his left eye that RDA got while filming an earlier episode.

ts42_feat1_pic3.jpg

4e487000fe.jpg