UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sci-Fi Mates Custom Contest!!!

AdyCarter

The Sci-Fi Mates Custom Contest!!!

ResizedBSGPoster.jpg

This month MinimateMultiverse brings you the Sci-Fi Mates Custom Contest!!!

With BattleStar Galactica Season 3 upon us in October and eventual future releases of BSG and Star Trek minimates, let’s welcome them with the Sci-Fi Mates Custom Contest!

Create your own new custom minimate based on your favorite Sci-Fi character. The genre is Sci-fi which can include anything from Star Wars, BSG, Star Trek, SG-1, heck even Spaceballs!!.:P

Rules:
1.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your Sci-Fi Custom in this thread.
2.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.
3.) Please provide a short description of the character your minimate custom is based from. A source picture of the character would be nice but not necessary.
4.) Only one entry per person.
5.) Quick customs are allowed.

===============================================================
Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and October 30th at 12:00 AM PST.
Voting will begin October 31st at 12:00 AM PST thru November 7th at 12:00 AM PST.
Winners will be posted November 9th.

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three best designs you feel represent the character the custom is based from.

1.) Best Representation
2.) Second Best Representation
3.) Third Best Representation

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts
During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Amazing.JL
For the top prizes we have some BSG and Star Wars goodies. Plus some minimates!! :)

1.) First we have a Cylon!!! This Deluxe 13 ½ ” Inch Modern Cylon Centurion features interchangeable forearms that can be switched to the trademark turret gun gauntlets. This unique collectible figure uses a lenticular process to show off the red laser beam eye without batteries. BattleStar Galactica - So Say We All!!!

cylonfigid4.th.jpg cylontilthn9.th.jpg

2.) Here we have an AT-AT Imperial Walker from the Star Wars Miniatures collection! This powerful reproduction makes an amazing display piece for any collection or a deadly addition to any Star Wars Miniatures battle. This bad boy measures 18" wide x 14" high x 7" deep! Proudly add this amazing figure to your Star Wars Miniatures collection.

swminiatatik0.th.jpg

3.,4.,5.) For the remainder of our prizes we have minimates!!!! We have the recently released TRU 4-packs available for you to win!! That’s right they just came out and you can win them here!

3.) Minimates Bundle #1
New Avengers 4-Pack
Astonishing X-Men 4-Pack
Streetfighter 2 4-Pack
Streetfighter 2-Darkstalkers 4 Pack

4.) Minimates Bundle #2
New Avengers 4-Pack and Astonishing X-Men 4-Pack

5.) Minimates Bundle #3
Streetfighter 2 4-Pack and Streetfighter 2-Darkstalkers 4 Pack

axmmassfrontyl8.th.jpgnamassfrontlk7.th.jpg sf4pack1cg5.th.jpgsf4pack2jv6.th.jpg

The contest winners will have their choice from the available prizes. Once a prize/slot has been selected, it will not be available from the next winner.

1st Place: Will have the first choice from the available prizes.
2nd Prize: Will have the second choice from the available prizes.
3rd Prize: Will have the third choice from the available prizes.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Good luck to all! May the Schwartz be with you!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean it doesnt say you can't... what does the almighty judges say? :)

On another note, if it is a concept... does it have to be brand new as in the sense its been created and never entered into a contest before? As that particular ruling is quite vague, as I have a few concepts and there is one in mind I would like to use with tweaking.

cheers,

Totalus

any where within the sci-fi genre or just sci-fi movies? by anywhere I mean comics, cartoons, books, t.v. shows, etc.

also does it need to be an actual painted/scuplted piece or is a altered "digital custom" in the clear?

any where within the sci-fi genra or just sci-fi movies? by anywhere I mean comics, cartoons, books, t.v. shows, etc.

also does it need to be an actual painted/scuplted piece or is a altered "digital custom" in the clear?

i was wondering this too, video games included *nudgenudge*

I mean it doesnt say you can't... what does the almighty judges say? :)

On another note, if it is a concept... does it have to be brand new as in the sense its been created and never entered into a contest before? As that particular ruling is quite vague, as I have a few concepts and there is one in mind I would like to use with tweaking.

any where within the sci-fi genra or just sci-fi movies? by anywhere I mean comics, cartoons, books, t.v. shows, etc.

The intention of this contest is for an actual custom minimate piece (Quick Custom, Painted, Scuplted, Decal), not a concept design. Sorry, a concept design is totally different. (Plus doesn't Fujis own the copyright? :P )

As for the Sci-Fi genre, your custom can be from any derrived source. Movies, Comics, Video Games, Cartoons, Books, TV Shows, Etc. It's not limited as to where it comes from as long as the it's from the Sci-Fi category.

This is gonna be fun... You guys are certainly keeping us busy.

This does give me a chance to do one that I've been wanting to do for awhile now... Thanks...

P.S. I WANT that frackin' Cylon...

This is gonna be fun... You guys are certainly keeping us busy.

This does give me a chance to do one that I've been wanting to do for awhile now... Thanks...

P.S. I WANT that frackin' Cylon...

The Cylon will be mine.... oh yes it will be mine.... B)

T.

I want the Cylon, you hear me! Me! Dont enter the contest and I can have all the prizes bwahahhaha.

Seriosly thay Cylon is sweet... Im glad you guys dont mind the idea of some non Minimate prizes.

A note to the peopel who dont like/have the resources to make actual customs, there will be another contest later in the year that doesnt involve making actual minimates so dont feel left out! (although you should all enter this one anyways!)

Sci-Fi Mates = Goodness

DonnyB and I should probably discuss this before we both enter the same custom. Maybe I can throw him off the trail by mentioning how much I love Barbarella...

Dude, I dont know what you're talking about. I'm making a Bret Ratner custom. It's totally Sci-Fi that hollywood never banned him from directing. Or breathing.

Or maybe I'll make a Joel Schumacher custom... :P

No, I'm totally just kidding. I don't hate people for not having intelligence or talent. Really.

And I haven't figured out what character I'm doing yet. My first thought was to do the entire main cast of 4400 (I love that show... well, the few episodes I've actually managed to see of it so far). But I can only do one custom. And I wouldnt know who to pick.

Then I thought I would do someone from the cast of Firefly/Serenity. But again... who?

Ahhhhhhhhh! Such a hard choice! So many minis that I want to make!

But it doesnt matter. Cuz I have no time to make any, let alone a fleet of new customs...

But it doesnt matter. Cuz I have no time to make any, let alone a fleet of new customs...

Or a four-page gatefold recreation of Jim Lee's X-Men 1, or the continuing adventures in Minopolis...

Face it, you're doing Barbarella. No wait... I don't mean 'doing'...

Or a four-page gatefold recreation of Jim Lee's X-Men 1, or the continuing adventures in Minopolis...

Face it, you're doing Barbarella. No wait... I don't mean 'doing'...

Exactly. No time, no time... me and my stinking self-imposed MMA deadlines. I dont know what I was thinking... :P