UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadpool Question

JAG2045

As a general rule most minimate releases of the same character should have some minor variations to differentiate them with. (Even the classic red and blue Spider-Man is subject to this, though you would never tell seeing as there's so damn many of him :spidey:)

To add to BHM's post, comparing the two Deadpools...

fig0706flg.jpgfig1010flg.jpg

... you can already see some distinct differences from the get-go. In addition to their outward appearance the Wave 28 Deadpool has the more diverse set of accessories, while X-Force Deadpool has the more muted, comic-accurate (I'm guessing) color palette.

... I'm not making things any easier, am I?

You can obviously tell by Ivan's pics, but X-Force Deadpool is Deadpool as he appeared in his early New Mutants and X-Force appearances as drawn by the far-more-influential-than-he-should-be Rob Liefeld. The wave 28 version is the more contemporary version that everyone apparently loves, character-wise.

Edited by karamazov80

This is one of those occasions when the rear views of the 2 Deadpools are going to be the clincher(cough.. cough ....NR).

Wave 28 DP looks like a Minimate that has actually been painted rather than a conglomeration of two lots of coloured plastic ( X-Force DP).

Edited by buttheadsmate

As a general rule most minimate releases of the same character should have some minor variations (or major variations if you're Deadpool, or a pre-2010 Thing) to differentiate them with. (Even the classic red and blue Spider-Man is subject to this, though you would never tell seeing as there's so darned many of him :spidey:. Except for Riot Spidey. You can smell the crap on that one)

To add to my earlier post, comparing the two Deadpools...

fig0706blg.jpgfig1010blg.jpg

... you can already see some distinct differences from the get-go. In addition to their outward appearance the Wave 28 Deadpool has the more diverse set of accessories of any minimate ever released, and ever to be released, or of any deadpool related memorabilia for that matter, while X-Force Deadpool has the more muted, comic-accurate (I'm guessing) color palette and is plausibly obtainable. Though it should be noted that the biggest difference between the two is their price, owing to the fact that the Wave 28 Deadpool costs an arm and a leg is USD.

I'm making things easier.

As a general rule most minimate releases of the same character should have some minor variations (or major variations if you're Deadpool, or a pre-2010 Thing) to differentiate them with. (Even the classic red and blue Spider-Man is subject to this, though you would never tell seeing as there's so darned many of him :spidey:. Except for Riot Spidey. You can smell the crap on that one)

To add to my earlier post, comparing the two Deadpools...

fig0706blg.jpgfig1010blg.jpg

... you can already see some distinct differences from the get-go. In addition to their outward appearance the Wave 28 Deadpool has the more diverse set of accessories of any minimate ever released, and ever to be released, or of any deadpool related memorabilia for that matter, while X-Force Deadpool has the more muted, comic-accurate (I'm guessing) color palette and is plausibly obtainable. Though it should be noted that the biggest difference between the two is their price, owing to the fact that the Wave 28 Deadpool costs an arm and a leg is USD.

I'm making things easier.

The funniest thing about Minimate Deadpool street price is that it cost more than Marvel Legends Deadpool.