UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X3 MiniMates

Seanus

Beast looks a little odd, what with the minibeard thingie, and the paint apps on his face seem somewhat unusual. Im not so much complaining, I just think it was an odd direction that they went it *shrugs*

Overall, I am really liking these! That's a pretty good likeness of Jean, esp. Storm looks a decent amount like Halle. I'm liking the overall look of Storm, too. Especially with the folds of the cape. Wolvie doesnt look too awful lot like Hugh, but it's passable. Colossus looks better than the AXM version, imo. And Juggs looks perfect!

And yes, Ady - the claws do look different. They seem thicker...

they all look amazing!!! Beast looks awesome, along with Juggernaut who is equally awesome, this has to be my fav 2 pack from the set, the Colossus and Wolverine are amazing too, love the unforms, Storm is pretty cool too, I dont like her but she looks awesome in her X3 outfit, as does Jean Grey, was gonna get the Dark Pheonix 1 but I'll get this 1 instead. I need the whole set!

I want these badly, any idea where (if anywhere) I can preorder them from??

Juggernaut - Nice. Lots of great new detailed pieces. Juts not thrilled by him. Maybe he should be bigger?

Beast - Disappointed by the fact the face does not look like Kelsey Grammar. But love the details (the hair / beard combo, the painted toenails)

Jean - Love it. They nailed her appearance, love the new hair and the skirt.

Wolvie - Definitly a new claw design. The face is a great cross between a traditional Minimate face and Hugh Jackman's face. Also love the over-the-top sideburns. While it's yet another Wolverine Minimate, I like it.

Colossus - His face looks squished together, like the weight of his hair is crushing his skull.

Storm - Hair, cape, gloves - all great. The face bugss me a little - like she's got some sort of arrogant smirk.

Overall - great likeness of the movie characters, lots of new sculpted details - this is a decent line-up. Hopefully this inspires them to do great things with Wave 15.

They look great for the most part.

2 things strike me as not quiet right... As you guys say Beasts hair makes him look like something from the Planet of the Apes & Collosus hair is too (for want of a better word) Clumpy.. like it's too thick or something.

I love that JG minimate and think for the most part the likenesses are 'near enough' for minimates :)

T.

p.s. Can I be really original and ask for more avengers please... :D

p.p.s Is anyone looking forward to reenacting the 'Halle gone wild' scene from swordfish with these, after all we have Hugh and Halle faces now :D:P

Now I realize what's bothering me about Storm's face! With that haircut and expression, if you squint, she kinda looks like Bea Arthur from the Golden Girls.

Hey Boyd,

Now don't give Art Asylum any new licensing ideas. If I see any solicitations for an upcoming "Golden Girls" Minimate line, I know who to blame. :P

These Mate look sweet I hope they make out and don't wind up with Batman begins and LORT mates. You know canceld because the movies, although awsome, were ruled not popular enough to make minimates, and they were so COOL, just like these!

but if they come out before the dc mates i will be pissed

I don't tink that's possible since the X3 'mates haven't been solicited yet. Unless there's some kind of rush they can put on them to get them out to retailers.

I love the way these look, and I really am excited to see new mates. I'm just disturbed that these are coming out in place of Marvel Minimates Wave 15. We were told these would be a separate entity in the past, which was good because real life characters stand out amongst comic book characters. I'll still be getting these, in bulk, as the custom potential is tremendous as well.

but if they come out before the dc mates i will be pissed

I don't tink that's possible since the X3 'mates haven't been solicited yet. Unless there's some kind of rush they can put on them to get them out to retailers.

The DC mates have been un-solicited though...

The DC mates have been un-solicited though...

I thought they were resolicited. :huh:

In any case, I just saw the film and it was terrible...great looking 'mates though. I actually hope thy don't make an X3 Angel, I'd prefer to get one in his classic costume instead of in jeans and no-shirt.

I know it makes me an enabler...but damn do i love that wolverine figure. Actually I like every damn one of em and I am really excited to get them all. I know that I am the sole voice on this but i kind of hope that series 15 is ANOTHER X3 wave, with iceman, kitty, magneto, and angel.

Don't get me wrong I NEED a Thor and Hawkeye... but the X3 mates are pretty damn cool...