UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New minimates peg location at TRU

My local TRU's have been doing this for some time now. Mostly for "overflow". When a new wave comes out, they move the old stuff to the end of the isle. These end displays are mostly occupied by BSG and older Ghostbusters mates these days...

This is news? Mine has had this for 3 months. I thought everyone had one.

well....its news to me. I frequent 2 different TRU's. the one closest to me just did this less than a week ago. the other still does not have this...

Edited by Ninja Mate

TM2 has been known to have seen 'things' months before anybody else ..........he's special in many ways.

Ol' Chuck mentioned at SDCC that he particularly didn't want Minimates to have their own section at TRU . Putting Marvel Minimates in the general Marvel section (for example) with other Marvel toys was his preferred placement & had pursued this with TRU.

This is news? Mine has had this for 3 months. I thought everyone had one.

The Memphis TRU used this display for awhile earlier this year, although I don't recall seeing it recently. It definitely seemed more like a temporary method to roll out new stock instead of waiting for the BSG/W:O/Thor & Loki sets to sell.

well....its news to me. I frequent 2 different TRU's. the one closest to me just did this less than a week ago. the other still does not have this...

If you're talking about Castleton, then they actually did do this a couple weeks back. I think it's just because they were running out of room for Thor/Lokis and IM/Crimson Dynamos.

And happy birthday-as your gift, we're all going to tell you how wrong/behind the times you are. ;)

I've noticed this change too recently at a few stores but it hasn't been implemented in all. Not sure if they will but I like them better on endcaps, even if it isn't in the Marvel aisle. Marvel aisle preferred, of course. Endcaps are more visible and more prone to impulse buying. Before, I've visited a couple of stores which had the endcap display for Minimates.

However, you now have to look for the Marvel stuff in at least 4 places: peg in Marvel section, peg in Collectible's section, endcap in Marvel section, endcap in Collectible's section, under pile of toys in any section. As for GB or any other minimate line, YMMV. TRU really takes toy hunting literally. :P

If you're talking about Castleton, then they actually did do this a couple weeks back. I think it's just because they were running out of room for Thor/Lokis and IM/Crimson Dynamos.

And happy birthday-as your gift, we're all going to tell you how wrong/behind the times you are. ;)

lol...yup thats the one, its been about 2 weeks since I have been there. ;)

so now that I am behind the times I can officially use words like "youngins" & "hipsters" :biggrin:

Edited by Ninja Mate

my local TRU has some mates on the end cap, but they still have the regular mate sections too. marvel with a 'superhero section'(some marvel Uni., D.C., bobblehead things, and those crappy one-color marvel figurines). they have the 'other' marvel section with the IM2 figs., and SHS figs. My thoughts is this is an impulse buy/ stock overflow tactic.

The wife and I are vacationing in Cape Cod and I checked out the Hyannis TRU and sure enough there was the display near the end cap. Gold mine! They had minimates from all the lines there. Marvel, GB, Wolverine, IM2, BSG. I was able to snag the IM2 Rhodey / Drone and Mark IV IM / Drone sets. Score! I love sshopping at TRU in the USA. They got so much awesome stuff there. Damn, why can't TRU Canada be more like their neighbours to the south.

I am so drunk right now. :P Anywho, Cape Cod rocks! Peace out multiverse.

Speaking of new stuff at TRU. I didn't know whether to make it a new thread, but since this is about something new about TRU, figure it would be at home here and hopefully help out some fellow minimate collectors.

I stopped by and saw my old friend who works at TRU and had him look through the computer system for me and found a lot of sku numbers that could be helpful:

Halo Minimates (2 packs based on the price) 7.49 sku: 611843

Halo Warthog 11.99 sku: 637516

MM Captain America 4 pack 14.99 sku: 637524

Monsters MM S1 7.49 637551

MM Max Heroes (2packs) 6.99 637583

Marvel Heroic Age box set: 14.99 637974

the prices can change, since I know the marvel minimates around here have jumped between 6.49, 7.49 and even at one point for a week 7.99.

I hope this info helps

so I was at my local TRU the other day and they had a new location to hang minimates. yay! another place to look. :rolleyes:

0c18f31c.jpg

You took this picture Friday at the TRU by Greenwood Park Mall, didn't you?