UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More proof (not that any was needed) that Hollywood is all out of ideas

wow i dont know what to say

I would have to ask, would any kids nowadays know who Yogi Bear is?

Its been along time since I can think of seeing Yogi on TV. Lots of Scooby, Flintstones, Tom and Jerry and a bit of Wacky Races but the other Hanna Barbera cartoons seem to get passed over, well they do here in the UK.

This like The Smurfs is a nod to nostalgia but I dont really go with the running out of ideas bit its just that technology is now allowing for passable looking cartoon characters in a live action movie.

You think that's bad? :blink:

Wow, I first heard about this on Facebook but I honestly didn't think that they were serious. If I wanted to watch Yogi Bear I'd track down reruns of the old cartoons. Anyone else here remember Yogi's Treasure Hunt? God, I loved that show as a kid.

Edited by NorthRaider

I would have to ask, would any kids nowadays know who Yogi Bear is?

Its been along time since I can think of seeing Yogi on TV. Lots of Scooby, Flintstones, Tom and Jerry and a bit of Wacky Races but the other Hanna Barbera cartoons seem to get passed over, well they do here in the UK.

Well I 12 so I don't really know if your meaning to like 7 year olds,But I know yogi bear because of a channel called teletoon{it's basically cartoon network in canada}They used to air it when I was like 4-5 in the daytime.now they are it on a channel called teletoon retro{which shows old hannah barbera and marvel and dc shows}But I don't think little kids watch it

You think that's bad? :blink:

Wow, I first heard about this on Facebook but I honestly didn't think that they were serious. If I wanted to watch Yogi Bear I'd track down reruns of the old cartoons. Anyone else here remember Yogi's Treasure Hunt? God, I loved that show as a kid.

Hahaha!. wow. Battleship, The Movie. If it is a hit(which it will not be) ...can we expect Monopoly, Connect Four, Mouse Trap, Sorry. Oh and Hungry Hippos! It is a board game to movie revolution!

Hahaha!. wow. Battleship, The Movie. If it is a hit(which it will not be) ...can we expect Monopoly, Connect Four, Mouse Trap, Sorry. Oh and Hungry Hippos! It is a board game to movie revolution!

Haha, that reminds me of:

No joke, Monopoly actually is in the works...

Can't wait for the gazillion Battleship reviews with a 'hit/miss' pun in the title. :rolleyes:

Except Robot Chicken called it like 3 years ago.

It's sad really, that Hollywood is ripping off the guys making fun of them. Who needs "Battleship: The Movie" or "Candyland"?

PS - The skit was done long before any of the board game movies were announced IRL.

Except Robot Chicken called it like 3 years ago.

It's sad really, that Hollywood is ripping off the guys making fun of them. Who needs "Battleship: The Movie" or "Candyland"?

PS - The skit was done long before any of the board game movies were announced IRL.

i would have shelled out 12 bucks to see hungry hungry hippos if it was like that