UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Avengers Animated Series

minimadman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had that been on Nickelodeon instead of NickToons, I'd have watched religiously.

Hopefully, these will be re-aired on the regular Disney Channel so I can catch them.

Amen to that. I don't get NickToons or Disney XD. I'm not sure why they think it's a good idea to put new shows like these on channels most people don't get.

To tempt you to get the channel?

• 2 weeks later...

I caught a few of the 5 minute shorts over the weekend, and I was impressed. I can't really watch shows as they come on anymore, but would like to get the DVD set whenever this thing gets a season in the bag. A nice take on the classic comics with a modern feel, stealing a lot from the movies.

Anyone notice the guys from Predator in the Ant-Man short? :D

caught the premiere of this last night and all I can say is "EXCELSIOR"! It was just great really the best marvel cartoon I've ever had the pleasure of sitting through. can't wait for next week!

Who was the villain in the season openner?

caught the premiere of this last night and all I can say is "EXCELSIOR"! It was just great really the best marvel cartoon I've ever had the pleasure of sitting through. can't wait for next week!

Who was the villain in the season openner?

spoiler

The two part season opener featured lots of classic villans but the main baddie was Graviton!

watched it today WoW -very happy thus far- now the next 5 episodes are the micro episodes combined togeather in diffrent order like all three episoded of thor together hulk togeather so on and so forth ,its cool that the micro episodes witch translate into 5 normal episodes are actually the prequil to the season opener -this is turning out to be a pretty good cartoon!!

quick edit-

went to marvel site after posting what i had learned on the avengers wiki about the micro series being formed into normal episodes and there is going to be a new episode as well as the micro next week figured let everybody know.the news on this cartoon just gets better and better :)

Edited by eclipse

this show is phenominal :D every mcro episode was outstanding and the premiere was MIGHTY. graviton was alot of fun and they had villains so obscure i had to look them up on wiki. this show will be the best marvel animated show ive ever watched (it easily trumps the 90's spiderman show and is head to head with WLXM)

I just watched micro episodes 11 to 20 before checking out the premiere last night. HOLY FREAKIN' WOW! So many super villains (well known and obscure). I was just blurting names out as they appeared and giggling like a little school girl. Red Ghost, Constrictor, Mad Thinker, Graviton, The Leader, Abomination, The Wrecking Crew... oh my! My wife laughed at my fanboy enthusiamsm err.. make that orgasm. This show is going to be a huge hit and I for one am looking forward to the following episodes and (hoefully) the eventual DVD/BD release.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Watched all the micro episodes this week.

Good stuff!

I think that they learned a lesson from Justice League International - use as many of the characters as you can! Why not!

The WWII Captain America episodes had a newsreel look to them - awesome!

And if that's not enough, this series has one thing that DST continues to deny us:

(wait for it)

KANG!

They already have. I think the show started a week or two ago Wednesday. I was able to dvr the micro episodes and the pilot last Sunday. Caught up with all but last weeks, which I had to re-record.

• 2 weeks later...

There's already 9 episodes?? I've only seen 2 or 3 plus the shorties. I'll have to remember to watch tonight.

I liked how they referenced the early Avengers issues last week by having Executioner and Enchantress taking out Arnim Zola

Oh. My. GAWD!

They're making the Thunderbolts!

9 Episodes in and the bad guys are already teaming up.

Also, I totally called Wasp being a mutant! She's my favorite character, by far.

When was Wasp referred to as a Mutant? I remeber the episode she was in with Whirlwind and he was referred as a mutant, but not Wasp.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I don't recall that either. I'm pretty sure her powers originate from the same source as Hank's, but they haven't really explained it. I definitely like her character and the way they are portraying her. My only complaint is the last episode with Cap. It felt like they were trying to fit too much into one episode. That one should have been broken into a couple of episodes. It will be interesting to see what they do with Black Panther and Hawkeye through out the series.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad this series is doing it for you Marvel types... I've loved it, and it has really got me interested in a load more Marvel characters I knew little about before hand. Was worried it'd be the Marvel DCA/U... as a predominately DC fan I really didn't like that series, seemed badly written and character 'redesign/re-imagining' was often tedious (don't get me wrong, I'm sure it was very enjoyable for a casual fan, etc.). Marvel has itself some seriously threatening villains as well... I'm always looking forward to the next episode of this.