UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Avengers Animated Series

minimadman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does indeed look far better than the last series Avengers got... too many flashy changes and poor writing doomed it. This looks to be much closer to the source material :)

My big thought is if DST might try dipping into another territory and start making a wave here and there of animated series minimates... they are apparently doing well with the movie themed waves, and one based on a popular animated series would probably mean decent sales for them.

Personally, I am hoping against it. I know I would have rather had comic waves in place of all the movie waves (though ultimately I really can't complain) ...

Here's hoping that it is indeed a catalyst for some new comic-accurate minimates of characters that are featured in the cartoon B)

wow this cartoon is one ill be watching for sure it looks sweet!! - so far so good

Wasp does seem a bit animes-eque for my tastes but at least this has the potential of turning out well, provided it doesn't get cancelled after one or two seasons of course <_<

Anyone else notice Iron Man's under-garb? Straight out of Tron :lol:

. . . Meh . . . The 'rockin' sound-track bites, and the animation style isn't really my thing - but i could get over the style so long as the story-telling is consistent and honours the source-material. It was cool to see all those villains in the clip.

Sometimes stuff comes along ....this is one of those occasions.....when I feel that there are only so many times you can hear the same old story....... again. As always I appreciate that ol' bhm isn't their target audience but surely the kids today (old & young) tire of these soundbite led storylines.

I know about cows .....I also know about cash-cows ......& if they keep milking the classic Marvel story lines too much they'll pull the tail instead of the teat .........

..................bucket full of dung.

. . . Meh . . . The 'rockin' sound-track bites, and the animation style isn't really my thing - but i could get over the style so long as the story-telling is consistent and honours the source-material. It was cool to see all those villains in the clip.

A bad sound track can really ruin this sort of thing, as it did for me. This looks to me like pretty standard cartoon fare, noteworthy only because it features the Avengers. Bright lights, loud noises, twirling camera angles. Not my bag.

• 1 month later...

there up to 10 now and ive been watching in the evening after work and i gotta say there introducing all kinds of people not just main stream characters- especially the last few episodes, im starting to get pretty inpressed here id name a few but you gotta watch becouse there are alot of them ,not just a few,Ipersanally think there on to somthing here!!

Of course, knowing Disney and Marvel and their penchant for reboots, it'll be a wonder if this show makes it 2 seasons. (RIP Spectacular Spiderman. :( )

52 episodes are currently in production. ;)

I'm curious to know how many of you already get Disney XD? I don't and I fear this series will flop as a result... kind of like WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN. Had that been on Nickelodeon instead of NickToons, I'd have watched religiously.

Hopefully, these will be re-aired on the regular Disney Channel so I can catch them.

I'm curious to know how many of you already get Disney XD? I don't and I fear this series will flop as a result... kind of like WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN. Had that been on Nickelodeon instead of NickToons, I'd have watched religiously.

I think Wolverine and the X-Men was canceled not because of ratings but because the financial partner backed out. They were going to work on a second season until that happened.

Edited by Brad Redfield

Had that been on Nickelodeon instead of NickToons, I'd have watched religiously.

Hopefully, these will be re-aired on the regular Disney Channel so I can catch them.

Amen to that. I don't get NickToons or Disney XD. I'm not sure why they think it's a good idea to put new shows like these on channels most people don't get.