The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are some interesting pics of the Avengers at this link. Nothing flashy mind you, but rather the gang gathered in Central Park. All the team members are wearing their civilian attire except for Thor. Loki and Prof. Selvig are there as well. Anybody care to hinder a guess what that fancy looking glass cylinder is that Tony is putting into a large Halliburton brief case? Lots of question.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Naw, that's a thingy Selvig and Stark came up with to safely handle the Cube, note the Asguardian looking lid on the jar. My guess is that they were filming the end scene when Thor takes Loki home to face judgment. Note Tasha getting in a punch while Thor has him buy the arms. And traditionally, the Avengers Mansion does face Central Park, (721 Fifth Avenue for those who care) so they could be literally heading across the street.

ScarJo looks like a normal, attractive woman in the Central Park pics from the shoot. However, the promo art makes it look like they used a completely different person's body with her face photoshopped on. Makes me wonder if they digitally modified her in Iron Man 2. Man, that would mess with you if you were an actor. Seeing promos of yourself without your own body like you aren't good enough to be presented normally. Then again, it'd be cool with me if all pictures of me featured a ripped, The Rock-type body.

Comic Hawkeye-themed wave to coincide with Avengers movie, please--no army builder. Instead, updated modern Hawkeye, first appearance Hawkeye, Mockingbird, original Swordsman, updated early appearance Scarlet Witch, green Quicksilver. . .

Now that would be a sell-out wave ....every one a winner. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but they'd have to either work another pack in, or go with a random army builder. If we use 42/12 as a model, we could work a few more Hawkeye related characters in there.

Nice. It looks great, and I can't complain too much, but it really would have been nice if Hawkeye's suit were a little more classically inspired. Cap's suit looks good. It's a nice combination of styles that I think works for the movie-verse. The only thing I would change is the blue belt. My favorite pic: "Hey, Hawkeye, eye's are up HERE!"

I saw this on another forum:

bwstaring.jpg

:lol:

Captain America looks kind of goofy to me. Reminiscent of Blue Beetle from JLI. That wouldn't be a bad thing if it weren't meant to be Cap, who's supposed to be a real bad-ass.

Cap's suit... I've seen action shots, and shots when he's between takes. It all come down to how the actor is carrying himself. When Evans' is in character, head up, shoulders back, in the momment, the suit looks better. When he's between takes, you can see on his face he feels silly in it and stands like it, and that makes the suit look worse.

Hawkeye... Really if you added shades and a hood, it's the Smallville Green Arrow costume in black and burgandy. Which is sad that they didn't try something more comics inspired... or at least more original than SmOllie-reduex.

Tasha... ScarJo in black tights... you don't mess with what works, right?

• 3 weeks later...

read a little interview with Chris Evans the other day, and he stated he wouldn't be doing any of the small cameos other characters have been doing, as his 6 film contract is already divided into three Cap films, and Avengers 1, 2 and 3.

Obviously this isn't set in stone, but the idea of 3 Avengers films must seem somewhat overwhelming to those involved.

Now, I'm sorry if its been discussed, but I do trust the folk at Marvel to continue to do things right, and while we're getting ahead of ourselves, what can/should we expect from sequels?

2nd - Kang, whilst introducing Hank and Janet?

3rd - Ultron?

I'm hoping Miry, etc. chime in with better background and understanding, but consider my Marvel knowledge to be good enough, that I know anyone worth of appearing as a major move villain.

Oh, and while I'm here, I thoroughly enjoyed the 'The Consultant' short on the Thor blu-ray. My spoiler tags don't seem to work, so I'll put it in white below...

Coulson and another agent discuss the Avengers initiative, stating that the powers that be actually want the Abomination as part of the team, considering Blonsky a war hero. After a brief exchange, they decide to send 'the consultant', Stark to go and try to persuade Ross, knowing for well that Tony is exactly the last person the general will say yes to (with clips from the 'The Incredible Hulk' after credits scene). They need that 'no' so that SHIELD can put together the team they actually want.

Hmmm... Sequels...

If I were in charge, I'd do something like

A2- Hank and Jan introduced, Kang invades, Hank builds Ultron.

A3- Ultron rebels, builds Vision and Jocasta, they attack Avengers.

But, this would miss out on another equally important opertunity that I don't think Marvel will pass up. So as much as it pains me, It's more likely that they will do Ultron and Vision in the second movie and not do Kang altogether so they can do: The Avengers vs the Masters of Evil. The Masters would be pulled from all the other movies: Red Skull, Abomination, an Iron Monger, Ultron, and whoever else appears in the Avengers solo movies. It would be as huge a deal as the first movie will be, the culmination of all the movies before it and an absolute show stopper trilogy ender. Unless contracts are extended, there will never be an oppertunity like it and I don't see them passing it up. Much to my chagrin, cause I love me some Kang. But of the Avengers' big three foes, Kang has niether the intimacy of Ultron, or the oppertunity the Masters represent.

y'see, your ideas are pretty much what I was hoping for. Avengers 3 must be so far off, they may even have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver available to them.

I don't know how comic accurate it is, but in the recent EMH cartoon, it was during a huge fight with Kang that Pym is reluctantly forced to teach Ultron the concept of violence. Then, shock horror.. Ultron goes all Ultron-y. This could worth very well on the big screen, perhaps.

Though you may well be right with the MoE, I do trust the creative teams to do it for more than just the sake of it. I hope they don't pass up another really well written story to shoehorn the big 'mirror match' type fight in.

We know there will be a load more Marvel films out before they even get started on Avengers 2. Lots of talk of Mandarin in IM3, I've got my fingers crossed for Enchantress for Thor 2, etc.

From what's been rumored so far (which of course I can't find the article links at the moment) this will lead to Avengers 2.

I could see them working Hank & Jan into some of the next group of Marvel sequels (Thor, Iron Man & Capt America) just as they did with Hawkeye & Black Widow so they'll be ready for A2.

*edit* oh yeah, clicky clicky here B)

I would love to see Kang down the line. He's certainly one of the few who has the ability to bring The Masters of Evil together, and it would speak volumes about his character if he views the likes of Red Skull or Loki as no more than pawns in his own game.

Read that rumor a few times, really hope it's not true. Skrulls, for all their recent activity, are IMO a Fantastic Four foe, and unless I missed it Fox still owns the FF rights. Thanos... adding Thanos to anything adds an 800 lbs Gorrila to the room that demands folks full attention. Add Thanos to Avengers 1, and Loki becomes irrelevant. And even with Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk, you'd have to nerf Thanos a lot to be beaten by this bunch.

YMMV

That cover is just tragic :yucky:here's the link to the EW site with other pics

@miry, I believe Fox has the rights to just the Super Skrull, so regular Skrulls are fair game. I doubt Thanos will show up to fight in this movie (or at all); IF they do anything with him it'll be a short clip at the end connected to the gauntlet; something along the lines of the cube being returned to Odin's Vault with one of the characters saying "hey what's this glove thing". /cut scene/ *The Avengers will return soon in The Avengers 2, reserve your 4-D tickets online now* :lol: