The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, you do know that the new horrible Spiderman is going to try and play with the big boys, and end up getting squashed like a bug.

No way. They'll try to squash him, and they'll bounce right off of his super-rubbery basketball exterior.

LOL i keep saying his suit looks like a motocross suit gone wrong but yeah it does look like a basketball!

i didnt get really excited till they showed off maria, seeing it all together is great :D

though i still have hopes for antman and wasp, and i cant wait to see the villains of the film officially announced :D

(though we know loki is the big menace for sure)

I find it interesting that they put the villains on every poster of characters who got movies before... Except Hulk. Are they trying to distance from the Norton Hulk movie? I hope not. That Leader hook is too good to pass up.

That Leader hook is too good to pass up.

I'm not really a Hulk reader, but i have seen a few Leader action figures, so i'm aware of the character... but what's the 'Leader hook'?

I find it interesting that they put the villains on every poster of characters who got movies before... Except Hulk. Are they trying to distance from the Norton Hulk movie? I hope not. That Leader hook is too good to pass up.

I'm more surprised that they have Iron Monger in there than the other villains since Red Skull & Loki's film appearances lead directly to what's going on in this Avengers movie. Perhaps there's some backstory to Obadiah that we'll find out in the Avengers; probably something with him and Howard Stark.

Wait, what?! I thought that created Doc Samson!

Tim Blake Nelson played Dr. Samuel Sterns in "The Incredible Hulk". And wish they would have left this in that film too :biggrin:

With the guy getting goop dripped on his head? Yeah - i read somewhere that it was Doc Samson too. Hence the confusion.

Tim Blake Nelson played Dr. Samuel Sterns in "The Incredible Hulk". And wish they would have left this in that film too :biggrin:

Ah - perhaps it's just that the name Samuel got misheard? Thanks for the explanation Lurch :thumbsup:

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Nessex

With the guy getting goop dripped on his head? Yeah - i read somewhere that it was Doc Samson too. Hence the confusion.

Ah - perhaps it's just that the name Samuel got misheard? Thanks for the explanation Lurch :thumbsup:

EDIT: Typo.

both samson and samuel are in the film, sterns is 'Mr. blue' who helps bruce until the point where Bruce transforms and knocks him out, a vile of Bruces blood breaks and drips into an open wound on Stern's head, you then see his cranium begin to mutate. Where Doc Samson is the therapist that betty is dating until Bruce returns (then she dumps him without even telling him :P )

• 4 weeks later...

I have high hopes. The dialog will be snappy at least.

Going back to the circular chest design? after making the triangle such a central part of IM2? Odd. Mabye we'll chalk that up to this being yet another re-edit of other movie posters and artists renderings. I'll get really excited when they show me an actual group photo. Till then it's Alex Ross-lite hype.

Higher hopes for the comics based tie-ins. Avengers #1 has already been done, and that's the most obvious one to tie into an origin movie. We all know who I'm hoping will turn up before all is said in done, (Just in case you aren't paying attention MAKE KANG!) but mostly I' hoping for more than just more Caps, Thors, and Iron Men. There are a lot of cool Avengers who haven't gotten mates yet, and I'm hoping to see some them. (And KANG!!!)

And I hope the movie is good too.

Comic Hawkeye-themed wave to coincide with Avengers movie, please--no army builder. Instead, updated modern Hawkeye, first appearance Hawkeye, Mockingbird, original Swordsman, updated early appearance Scarlet Witch, green Quicksilver. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Shame they couldn't have worked Hank and Jan in somehow.

And I'm just going to have to except Ult. Hawkeye there. I understand about the mask and all, but they at least could have kept the tunic and "H" straps. Or at least some more purple. Ah well.