UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

Wow, epic! Best of all, Whedon made it okay to detroy NYC again! :thumbsup:

No idea why all the secrecy with the Chitauri, their race was of zero importance to the plot. :unsure:

Widow was awesome, she really got to shine, but Ruffalo (both as Banner and Hulk) was the biggest surprise. FINALLY, we get the Banner/Hulk we have always wanted. Bummed there was no way to work a Banner Minimate into the assortments.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i feel the secrecy behind the chitauri was all in our heads, the toy companies were the only company that made a huge effort to hide it, i feel Joss was trying to make it so we didnt see them as the most important part, but by doing so, made them into a big secret

Wow, epic! Best of all, Whedon made it okay to detroy NYC again! :thumbsup:

No idea why all the secrecy with the Chitauri, their race was of zero importance to the plot. :unsure:

Widow was awesome, she really got to shine, but Ruffalo (both as Banner and Hulk) was the biggest surprise. FINALLY, we get the Banner/Hulk we have always wanted. Bummed there was no way to work a Banner Minimate into the assortments.

Yeah, after seeing the movie, it is a shame we won't be getting a Banner. Although I guess there's an outside chance that AFX or someone will do a boxset.

[quote name='youbastards' timestamp='1336241019' post='224285'

I think the secrecy was supposed to apply more to the General then the army, and things just got carried away. I must say, though, that the identity of the REDACTED boss turned out to match the first spoiler I heard some two years ago.:rolleyes:

Good point, winkerbean.

Add Banner to the list with second-chancers like Heimdall, Fandral, and Hogun. :yes:

How did you guys like how Stark donned the Mark VII armor? I loved it!

I was grinning from ear to ear through the whole movie. I'll probably go again sometime this week after work.

Did the Chitauri General, as depicted by the Minimate, actually appear? I looked but never saw that design, I don't think that was supposed to be the same Chitauri that was interacting with the 'Big Bad' at the end.

Loved that Natasha's Russian heritage was addressed and the LMD reference from Stark!

Good point, winkerbean.

Add Banner to the list with second-chancers like Heimdall, Fandral, and Hogun. :yes:

How did you guys like how Stark donned the Mark VII armor? I loved it!

I was grinning from ear to ear through the whole movie. I'll probably go again sometime this week after work.

Did the Chitauri General, as depicted by the Minimate, actually appear? I looked but never saw that design, I don't think that was supposed to be the same Chitauri that was interacting with the 'Big Bad' at the end.

Loved that Natasha's Russian heritage was addressed and the LMD reference from Stark!

i think Whedon wanted to keep the Big Bad and his personal underling under wraps, but the toy companies ended up covering up the foot soldiers instead :P im guessing the designs that were finished first were the cannon fodder and not the big baddies, also the "general" was just a variation of the solider armor i believe, since the big bad's underling was more like an oracle (anyone notices the distinct facial detail? ;) )

also i LOVEEDDDD the way they did the ironman armor, im guessing we will see extremis come into full affect in the next movie ;)

Saw it at 9am this morning. Pure awesome. Knew general plot. But not structure, so I kept getting surprised. Cannot believe

the death they kept hidden. Like a knife to the back.

And the Galaga joke had me laughing for ten minutes.

Oh, and the oracle leader guy... was that the "Other" played by Alexis Denisof? Did not recognize his voice, though it seemed familiar.

tumblr_m39obzDLa31qbzcn4o4_250.gif

:lol:

I can just imagine Whedon's script note for this:

And he just gets OWNED!!!!""

This moment the audience flipped the hell out on. Like... there were moments of occasional "NICE!" Or "YEAH!" But... This just had everyone in the audience flipping the hell out.

For those who missed what he said after from the cheering it was

Puny God

Saw it! Loved it! Going again tomorrow. Loved the "Point Break" stab by Stark and Cap's reaction to the "flying monkeys" reference.

Hulk punching Thor as they catch their breath made me howl out loud. Oh and the big green guy trying to lift Mjolnir = EPICNESS!

Anyone else think of the part where captain america blasts his laser into caps shield so it rebounds to hit the chitauri awesome? I mainly thought it was awesome because for a split seconds I thought of a civil war movie {Avengers 3?} with cap and ion man facing off.

Yeah that reminded me of ultimate alliance 2 fuse power. Hulk was by far my favorite character. While chasing widow I was in like: SHI--- RUN!! Edge of my seat entire movie. Told buddy next to me when maria hill was barking out orders on ship: ....."and thats how i met your mother". Ha! Felt like a comic book, not a comic movie if that makes sense. (:

Only gripe beginning was a little slow paced for me. Most i laughed during a super hero movie I gotta say. Hit all the right cords. Now to see how other studios will handke the team super hero genre- like xmen did when it was released.

Saw it this afternoon. Totally perfect movie.

Is this the first movie to depict a Hulk with chest hair?

I actually noticed this as well - and yes, i think it is. It makes sense, seeing as how Mark Ruffalo's Banner has chest hair.

I saw it on Thursday at midnight - loved it. I was riding high the entire next day, it was way too full of awesome. However, after hearing all the praise placed on Mark Ruffalo, I can't help but feel let down. The Hulk was awesome - basically perfect. But Mark Ruffalo? Meh. Not bad. Just not the awesome-sauce everybody made him out to be, y'know? I still prefer Norton. I just can't see Ruffalo holding up 3 or 4 movies by himself. His lines just seemed so... dry. He only started showing real spark those few moments Banner started getting upset.

Saw it last night. I'm so glad it's a hit. I did get a bit of a spoiler though as two ladies were discussing the movie in the Disney Store I was in. They were asking a nerdy co-worker why

Hellboy was shown at the end of the movie.

I can just imagine the look on the faces of the executives at Warner who are wondering why they couldn't get a Justice League movie together. And they might as well

give up on ever considering Darkseid as a main villain for a Justice League movie. Which is ironic as Thanos is a copy of Kirby's Darkseid, yet the general public will now forever think Thanos is the original evil space warlord with a wrinkled chin.

Edited by Jatta Pake

Cannot believe

the death they kept hidden. Like a knife to the back.

I keep hoping that he's somehow ok. Fury was lying about the trading cards being in his pocket so hopefully he just didn't tell anyone they were able to save him too. I know it's a longshot but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Simply one of the most enjoyable movies ever to watch. Great story, humor, action, it has everything! :thumbsup:

Simply one of the most enjoyable movies ever to watch. Great story, humor, action, it has everything! :thumbsup:

That is the exact sentiment I had. Not a great movie on the Rebel without a Cause, Inception, or Godfather level, but the most watchable movie I have seen in forever. I can see myself watching this movie many, many times and enjoying it each and every time.