Spider-Man Villains Needing Creation As Minimates

Jatta Pake

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubert_Carpenter_(Earth-616).jpg[/url]

and walrus

Technically speaking, The Walrus is more of a Defenders villain than he is a Spider-Villain. it'd still be nice to see him though.

I SEcond the walrus!!

Molten Man

Big Man

Ox

Fancy Dan

Montana

Beetle

Boomerang

Speed-Demon

Prowler

Rocket Racer

Will O' the Wisp

Puma

Jackal

Hammerhead

Shriek

Demogoblin

Carrion

Doppelganger

Also, I would love to see remakes of Hydro-Man, Kingpin, Carnage, and Hobgoblin.

One thing I would disagree on is that Carnage needs a remake. For me it still stands up as one of the best mates to date even with the detailing now available on current waves.

Here's a huge image released at SDCC, featuring a huge cast of Spiderman's recent and future cast.

It might help jog the memory a little of people we forgot.

*Also, on the left hand side it features Mac Gargan in a new costume, post Siege/Venom, as he returns to being the Scorpion.

Think it's what he wore in the "New Ways To Die" arc of ASM, so the symbiote inside could heal after Anti-Venom tried to kill it.

post-1597-1280095117_thumb.jpg

Anyways, back on topic, most of all i want the Clone Saga to be completed.

1. The Jackal

2. Spidercide

3. Kaine (no costume)

4. Kaine (in costume)

I'd also like to see a Rhino and Carnage re-make and although he's technically a X-Men villian, i would also like to see a giant (Hulk Buster style) Juggernaut as he's been in ASM recently.

And just to keep DST on their toes, i'd like to see them try a massive Venom minimate, similar to Hulk Buster Iron Man, but entirely re-tooled for a Symbiote body. C'mon, he eats people and some times he's drawn enormous.

Edited by Pete

Here's a huge image released at SDCC, featuring a huge cast of Spiderman's recent and future cast.

It might help jog the memory a little of people we forgot.

*Also, on the left hand side it features Mac Gargan in a new costume, post Siege/Venom, as he returns to being the Scorpion.

Think it's what he wore in the "New Ways To Die" arc of ASM, so the symbiote inside could heal after Anti-Venom tried to kill it.

post-1597-1280095117_thumb.jpg

Anyways, back on topic, most of all i want the Clone Saga to be completed.

1. The Jackal

2. Spidercide

3. Kaine (no costume)

4. Kaine (in costume)

I'd also like to see a Rhino and Carnage re-make and although he's technically a X-Men villian, i would also like to see a giant (Hulk Buster style) Juggernaut as he's been in ASM recently.

And just to keep DST on their toes, i'd like to see them try a massive Venom minimate, similar to Hulk Buster Iron Man, but entirely re-tooled for a Symbiote body. C'mon, he eats people and some times he's drawn enormous.

Few ppl in that pic I dont recognise anyone know who they are?

I think the guy above Juggernaut in purple is called Raptor?

Who are the two below Menace, The zombie looking one and the spidey mask with a gun?

The one one the far left behind the female scorpion?

I think the character underneath Menace is Freak who appeared in one of the first Bob Gale Brand New Day Stories. The guy with the Spidey Mask may be the Spider Tracer killer but I'm not sure. Far left character is definitely Vermin. Who's the guy next to Hammerhead? This poster mostly makes me wish for more supporting characters to be made. That and a redo of the Chameleon much less JJJ.

Speaking of Vermin I definitely agree on these choices. He's a must as is his creator Baron Zemo (technically a Cap baddie but I'll take him anyway I can get him)!

-Frogman: good guy now but started as a foe; plus he compliments the White Rabbit and Walrus combo. I'm surprised to see them mentioned so early but there are obviously fans of the Defenders and 90's Spec. Spidey run by DeMatteis here!

-Grizzly: another fun member of the Legion of Losers who's popped up in T-bolts lately as a more serious character. From what I understand anyway.

-Spot: I think he'd look awesome. Great character with a very entertaining history

Gibbon: Round out the LOL (wonder if that was intentional in retrospect) with him. Perfect boxset, you can even include a Baghead Spidey

-Groovy Dan Jurgens 90's Mysterio: A very different look and though not as good as the classic I still like it. Besides Reilly Spidey needs bad guys so pack him with Armada and you're good to go. Or with outrageous 90's cybernetic Hobgoblin!

-Rocket Racer: Minimate skateboard!

-Demogoblin:A bizarre remnant of the Inferno storyline that stuck around for ages until getting offed right before the start of the Clone saga. He's got a neat look and would let DST use a number of parts like the claw hands, goblin boots, Moon night cowl and flame effects. Plus we'd get a new tattered cape and hopefully a fire glider. It's not a vehicle it's part of his powers!

-Tombstone: Has he been mentioned yet? I can't remember. Cool outfit and I think his face would be a great fit for the MM style. He's got a Superhero Squad figure!

-Kaine: One of the few parts of the clone saga that people really seem to enjoy still

-Molten Man: Definitely! He's been around forever and has an interesting history as a baddie and later a supporting character. Remember when it was revealed he was related to Liz Allen?

-Beetle: To me this is a gaping hole and would make a great variant with his original outfit.

-Boomerang: Sinister Syndicate member that is completely not a take off of Captain Boomerang. Still, teams of bad guys are always fun and this is one of Spidey's more prominent ones from the past

-Mendell Stromm the Robot Master: It's two figures in one! He's just a head now so you can have classic and modern in the same pack!

-Looter: I want him simply for his outrageous facial hair.

-The Red Ghost and his Super Apes!: They've fought Spidey! At least twice! Though one may not be in continuity... Anyway this would be a great use of Battlebeast parts as well as an awesome 4 pack

-Scourge: He bumped off some of Spidey's d-listers back in the day plus Shocker had an intense phobia of him that played into his character for a while.

-Swarm: Nessex is on the right track! Fanboys love zombies and nazis. Fritz here is a nazi zombie made of radioactive bees! For a while the greatest number of appearances he had were in Spidey books but that may have changed since lately he's been used as a scrub for a lot of random fights. I know one was in Runaways...

-Batwing: No clue what he's doing now... Didn't he join the Initiative? Anyway a pseudo-foe from Untold Tales of Spider-man, this would let DST use those pieces they made for Manbat way back when

-Headsman: Another UTOS foe, he's been in Thunderbolts lately. Just use the Moon Knight cowl, sculpt a cool new ax (that could be recycled for Terrax...) and make his flying device. As a bonus the FD could be used for...

-Jack 'O' Lantern: ... the pogo platform that Jack here cruised around on. Another big gap, he's been through several incarnations and is probably the 'king' of B list Spidey villains since he's tied to a lot of stuff whether it be the first Hobgoblin, the 2nd Mysterio or the son of Silvermane, Blackwing.

Those are all I can think of now but give me a day or two and I'm sure I can come up with some more...

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

I'd like to see Speed Demon. I don't know if he's really considered a Spider-Man villain, but Fearsome Foes was the first place I encountered the character. I've always thought he had one of the best costumes of any minor character, and he'd be a fairly easy minimate to make.

Aw crap! I knew I forgot somebody in the Syndicate and it had to be Speed Demon. That's especially bad on my part since he was in the new Tbolts for a minute too so he'd go forward in completing two groups. In fact I think at this point they should make them as a boxset with an updated Rhino with optional pieces to make the purple armor he sported for a while.

While I'm at it the Big Man and the Enforcers could be another boxset with parts to make Frederick Foswell.

There's enough mob guys to make a set of them too! It could be

-the Crime Master

-Silvermane

-Hammerhead

-Dr. Jonas Harrow

That's definitely dreaming but maybe we could pawn them off as Punisher foes when the inevitable next version comes out...

Yes.

Yeah, that pretty much wraps up my feelings on this thread. Throw in a new MJ, Gwen, Felicia and Aunt May and I'm a happy camper. :) Anyone that was in the Spectacular Spiderman is a really good choice.

One thing though. I always thought Jack O' Lantern was a girl?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

One thing I would disagree on is that Carnage needs a remake. For me it still stands up as one of the best mates to date even with the detailing now available on current waves.

I'd just as happily settle for a re-release.

Or, you know, you could just buy him instead of demanding DST make one of the most non-necessary re-releases of all time. Just a thought.

Ah that Jack 'O' Lantern is Maguire Beck a.k.a. Mad Jack. She was Mysterio's niece (I think) who was involved with Danny Berkhart a.k.a. Mysterio II. That was revealed in the Mysterio Manifesto L.S. (which had awesome Lee Weeks art) mostly to wrap up a lot of the dangling plot threads in Spec. Spidey before John Byrne came to wreck up the place later. Believe it or not Mad Jack was initially going to be Jacob Conover (a reporter for the Daily Bugle) but he was revealed to be the newest incarnation of the Rose in Amazing Spidey first. The post-clone pre-byrne stuff is quite interesting, isn't it?

Anyway there's been at least 3 Jacks I can remember off the top of my head. The first was Jason Macendale who became Hobgoblin II, which was the version that ended up creating Demogoblin. Then there was the one in Captain America who partnered with Blackwing. I don't know who he turned out to be but I do know that was the version bumped off in Civil War (who later popped up in Incredible Hercules, which is/was a great book btw). Then there's Mad Jack who was either both Berkhart and Maguire alternating or just Maguire. I'm a little fuzzy on it.

But see DST? This is a character and costume with LEGACY. Mad Jack was quite popular back in the day even with the retcon to make 'Maguire' the character's identity and not that of their cat who they always carried around.

And to keep it on topic with 'mates, how about a mail away every other wave? Buy 6 packs get a new minimate. That way we could get reissues like Carnage and supporting characters that only totally insane people like me want. There's enough tooling of guys in suits to do characters like JJJ, Robbie Robertson, Ned Leeds, Roderick Kingsley (who let's face it should be the alternate look for a new Hobgoblin minimate. I have the old one but his cowl, boots and glider need updating. Was that the only place they used his cowl piece?), John Jameson, Jarvis whatever. Plus tampos could be done for characters like Flash Thompson and the like. Remember the mail away figures for the Simpsons or more recently the Star Wars ones like Nahdarr Vebb? Maybe like that model.

Anyway I'm going to go work on my Henry Peter Gyrich custom...

the bright yellow symbiote I believe was named Shriek, she had a few stories in Venom's run with his own comic

309474-145546-symbiote_super.png

I think a whole mess of symbiotes would make for a good run, get a new carnage, spider-carnage, the 5 symbiotes from seperation anxiety, the venom symbiote as just a symbiote, Hybrid (4 of the 5 symbiotes from seperation anxiety molded together), Carnage Cosmic (silver surfer + carnage), She-Venom, Spider-Venom (Spider-Girl's father + symbiote)

they could even do the "What If?" where the Punisher bonded with the venom symbiote

Edited by Jay Tigran

they could even do the "What If?" where the Punisher bonded with the venom symbiote

I'd like that, actually. Reminds me of Kubrick's attempt at that - an easy repaint of Venom. A Venom-Punisher with a removable mask would be sweet - and can be packed in with Assassin Spidey (which looks a lot like Alex Ross's rejected Spider-Man movie costume concept - I'm not sure if they're exactly the same).

the bright yellow symbiote I believe was named Shriek, she had a few stories in Venom's run with his own comic

Shriek was actually a fellow inmate at at the Ravencroft mental institute where Cletus/Carnage was also being held. She was introduced as an ally of cletus' during the Maximum Carnage story-line.

post-2737-1280323760_thumb.png

The Yellow symbiote bonded to the female went by the name Scream. Although - considering their names and that they are both tied to Carnage, it's a pretty easy mistake to make :lol:

Shriek was actually a fellow inmate at at the Ravencroft mental institute where Cletus/Carnage was also being held. She was introduced as an ally of cletus' during the Maximum Carnage story-line.

post-2737-1280323760_thumb.png

The Yellow symbiote bonded to the female went by the name Scream. Although - considering their names and that they are both tied to Carnage, it's a pretty easy mistake to make :lol:

You are correct Nessex, my bad.

Though a Maximum Carnage run would be awesome too (of both good guys and bad)

and yes, I know some people find this blasphemous, but the comics & game were something i grew up with and hold dear....

and now that we know 6 armed spidey is coming, making doppelganger shouldn't be that hard (give him claw hands, some kind of demon feet, and a venomy mouth)

Great! Now Chuck has a new Spidey variant to work into a future wave: Mets Hat Spidey!

As for villians, I'd like to see The Ringer. He was in one of the 1st Spidey comics I owned.

I'd just as happily settle for a re-release.

Or, you know, you could just buy him instead of demanding DST make one of the most non-necessary re-releases of all time. Just a thought.

Given that Carnage is set to return to the Marvel universe soon it would seem like an ideal time for DST to redo one of the more recognizable Spidey villains. It would also be a lot cheaper for those of us who don't have the original.

Just a thought.