UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, yes, there's a Mummy photo right here!

He looks... really really good...

And I have to say I love that head on Dracula now. The one that was shown at the last con kinda... sucked... Ok, really sucked. It was not Dracula. This is Dracula.

Now I wonder if the sarcophagus is its own figure or is Mummy going to have a fourth one. Perhaps him in human disguise? Hell, it HAS to be him in human disguise, that was a good large portion of the movie.

Edited by Trekker 42

That angry villager looks just like me when I'm angry. Or pooping. It's weird.

But does he look like you when you're angry and pooping? And I don't know what you're eating, but most people don't need a pitchfork when they're making a deposit (maybe this could explain why you're angry when pooping).

I think the weirdest thing about this display of new stuff is that there's tons of boxsets displayed, but only one lonely wave of Marvel 2 packs. That's out of the ordinary. Maybe we'll find out two waves worth of stuff at the panel.

Could be that they've been busting their humps trying to get all these various box sets off the ground that they haven't had time to put another wave together. They might have it mapped out on paper, but they might not have the prototypes to back them up yet.

Maybe they'll show off the concept art at the Minimates panel.

Thanks to Mini Myte for sharing the link to this photo:

IMG_0939.jpg

And most importantly, is anyone else planning to use him to make a Torgo Minimate? (The Master will see you now...)

:mellow::):woot:

Now I wonder if the sarcophagus is its own figure or is Mummy going to have a fourth one. Perhaps him in human disguise? Hell, it HAS to be him in human disguise, that was a good large portion of the movie.

I think the Minimate in the Sarcophagus is The Mummy in color,not the Black and White variant

Am I the only one who's disappointed that Xavier doesn't have extra arms with rolled up sleeves for his safari suit? I've never once seen him in that, with the sleeves rolled down. They're always rolled up (and they could utilize those awesome cuffs they've been using lately), with the longer-but-still-short black sleeves peeking out from underneath. Either way, his forearms are supposed to be bare. And gloves. He has gloves with that outfit. :(

Nah - you're not the only one. I'd love to see him packed with an extra set of arms too, but i am not too sure we will considering all the extra plastic that will already be in the box for Chucks Shi'ar Chair.

I do feel your pain though. I'm a pretty big X-fan and that was something i noticed with a little disappointment.

I'm completely stoked up with what I've seen in respect of what's coming up with the Minimate line. Mr.Cynical (me) has been impressed with most of the stuff I've seen & those of you who aren't impressed with this or that maybe ought to wait & see what they're like in the flesh. Cappy,Storm & myself must have spent a full hour in conversation with Chuck, talking 'mates on Previews night & he impressed me immensely with his honesty ,helpfulness & general enthusiasm. He acknowledged that not everything was 100% rosey in the QC dept. (for example) but genuinely showed concern ....pointed at Chris ,the customer relations guy....& were going to go for his jugular later in the Con. ;) I asked about 'Who' & he again put the ball in Undergrounds' court & I spoke to them an hour or so later......nothing but double-speak again although there was a decidedly cryptic comment about "they will happen ......not with us " . I pursued this comment with no further response from Robin (UT).

I don't get much time to read stuff here at the moment but if the 'Magneto' AoA looks anything like the proto ....then I look forward to getting the best looking Minimate I've ever seen. Absolutely f8cking stunning!!

Great stuff.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wow. Just wow. I'm surprised though that they show like a shitload of MAX and halo mates and we still haven't seen wave 38! But everything looks really good. You'd have to be a really selfish douchebag to not be happy with these sets. My favorite is probably the X-Force set; but I like 90s X-Men too! :wolvie:

No, being a selfish douchebag would be saying "I hope no one buys these sets so they tank and in the future AA won't bother with these silly storylines again and will stick with the classics."

Me, I just don't want to buy them. Excuse me for having differing tastes.

Perhaps my first post was purposely ambiguous . With all the best intentions I asked Chuck about 'Who' & he does what he has always done ...rightly so...pointed the finger at Underground with the view that "we'll do them if they want them".

There is no news if you want me to be specific but the question was asked.

My main goal is to score all of the Universal Monsters in b/w. Hell I'll get them in color too. They are awesome. I'm not an X-Fan both of the AoA sets are pretty cool but all I can say is "What? No Sugarman?". I wont be picking up AoA though unless I get it super cheap somewhere down the line. I hope to see X-Man in a TRU 2-Pack or something He was the key to the whole story no? I really enjoyed his solo book for a while... Who was the chick he hung with? Threnody or something? It's been a long time... She would be cool to get too. Since they were both in 616 I can justify getting them.

Am I the only one who's disappointed that Xavier doesn't have extra arms with rolled up sleeves for his safari suit? I've never once seen him in that, with the sleeves rolled down. They're always rolled up (and they could utilize those awesome cuffs they've been using lately), with the longer-but-still-short black sleeves peeking out from underneath. Either way, his forearms are supposed to be bare. And gloves. He has gloves with that outfit. :(

It looks like the color might be a good match with that WW2 Wolverine with rolled up sleeves. I'm hoping, anyway.

Perhaps my first post was purposely ambiguous . With all the best intentions I asked Chuck about 'Who' & he does what he has always done ...rightly so...pointed the finger at Underground with the view that "we'll do them if they want them".

There is no news if you want me to be specific but the question was asked.

Nope, too late. I've gone to my happy place where Dr. Who Minimates are plentiful and DC Direct is still making DC Minimates (with an in-scale Batmobile).

Nope, too late. I've gone to my happy place where Dr. Who Minimates are plentiful and DC Direct is still making DC Minimates (with an in-scale Batmobile).

Oh how I wish I could be there in that world with you when reality hits like an atomic bomb and the world starts collapsing around you. How epic it will be, like a Michael Bay movie.

Oh how I wish I could be there in that world with you when reality hits like an atomic bomb and the world starts collapsing around you. How epic it will be, like a Michael Bay movie.

What did you say? I can't hear you because I'm too busy having my army of Minimate Daleks attack my Minimate TARDIS set.

Congratulations you have WON Best Post of the Week!

Your prize can be claimed by PM

moc847

It looks like the color might be a good match with that WW2 Wolverine with rolled up sleeves. I'm hoping, anyway.

I was actually thinking the exact, same thing. :lol:

Does anyone have quick access to the figure right now? Is the arm made of olive plastic or flesh (or is it one of the many that unfortunately is white plastic with just paint on it)? Xavier wouldn't have that much arm hair...

That angry villager looks just like me when I'm angry. Or pooping. It's weird.

What's really weird is that you know what you look like when pooping :huh:

I assumed that if it were someone pooping while wearing overalls that someone would have taken a picture, thus him being able to see himself.

Am I the only one bummed out about seeing the other Universal Monsters sets, knowing that they won't be released for another year or two? We see some of those now, but won't own them until fall of 2012 (assuming they get released). That stinks.