UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

SUNFIRE!!! Woooooooooooooooo!!!

Hopefully the final version will be translucent orange/yellow. But DO want. He can even be used as a stand-in for 616 Sunfire. ^_^

Modern X-Force looks interesting. LOVE the Archangel, but...no Wolfsbane? Aw...

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a separate note: I predict Chuck will announce the return of Minimates to Target.

i sure hope so, but i hope that they dont make another wave thats different from TRU or the LCS waves. however if they simply carried boxsets, i'd be okkay with that.

this years con sounds amazing :( however i have no intention on missing next years, but that new deadpool looks fantastic. The new Wolvie mask is a little unappealing. I haven't read AoA yet, but the mates like pretty nice.

Listening to Danny Elfman talk right now. Since it's obviously not a visual presentation I've been able to upload some of yesterday's photos. There's probably some duplication of other people's photos, but hopefully they're useful.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

i hope there is a great turn out for the q&a on saturday... and hopefully we can all give Chuck a HAND when he announces wave 38.

as far as target, I am not as convinced...i think TRU will be the main player here.

and as far as DCD maybe = shut up and leave me alone.... those sons a bitches are never coming back...

seriously, loving what i am seeing thus far and am excited for new news...

moc847

You should definitely read AOA, it's one of the best crossovers ever!!

Thanks for the new pics Ivan. Yours are much better and more focused than the shots from marvelousnews.

On a separate note: I predict Chuck will announce the return of Minimates to Target.

i sure hope so, but i hope that they dont make another wave thats different from TRU or the LCS waves. however if they simply carried boxsets, i'd be okkay with that.

this years con sounds amazing :( however i have no intention on missing next years, but that new deadpool looks fantastic. The new Wolvie mask is a little unappealing. I haven't read AoA yet, but the mates like pretty nice.

If they also carry the LCS or TRU sets, then I could be okay with it, but I'm not down with another batch of exclusives. Last time Target carried Minimates, I found myself leaving town every couple of days to go to the nearest one that could be bothered to carry them. The local Target never bothered with Minimates, and unless we're talking a whole dedicated line rather than just a couple of exclusive sets, I don't see them carrying them in the future either.

As it stands right now, I have to:

* Order the LCS stuff from online sites

* Buy the occasional LCS stuff that actually makes it into my local store just to encourage them to order more Minimates

* Buy the non-Marvel TRU exclusives from their website and hope they actually put them all in a box together and not back over them with the delivery truck

* Buy the Marvel TRU exclusives from eBay, usually at a ridiculous markup

* Buy the occasional TRU exclusive that actually makes it into my local store to encourage them to order more Minimates

* Order the AFX exclusives as they pop up

* Buy the trade show exclusives from eBay, usually at a ridiculous markup

* Buy the trade show giveaways from eBay, most definitely at a ridiculous markup, since that one Minimate helps pay for someone else's trip to SDCC, NYCC, etc

I welcome any retailer that steps in and helps alleviate all those problems. I'm not looking for another one who just adds to them. The overseas folks experience pretty much the same thing, probably on a worse scale, so I don't see them being overly interested in another batch of impossible to obtain exclusives either.

Listening to Danny Elfman talk right now. Since it's obviously not a visual presentation I've been able to upload some of yesterday's photos. There's probably some duplication of other people's photos, but hopefully they're useful.

Thank you so much for the Pic's.

That biff really needs a different hairpiece in my oppinion.But other than that and marty's expression,I really like the set.

In my opinion,I like that they are putting the monster minimates in 2 packs.I need to buy the wolfman and creature from the black lagoon 2 pack!

Thanks for all the pics!

Anyone else curious why the Uncanny X-Force is a five-pack? DST has been fairly consistent with the four-pack and even broke up the original X-Factor and X-Men sets to stick with that.

I'm wondering if maybe Wolverine isn't a part of the actual set? Maybe an alternate head for Logan is included with the four full figures?

Thanks for the pics Ivan, but you got the theme to Beetlejuice stuck in my head while I was looking at them.

Anyone else curious why the Uncanny X-Force is a five-pack? DST has been fairly consistent with the four-pack and even broke up the original X-Factor and X-Men sets to stick with that.

I'm wondering if maybe Wolverine isn't a part of the actual set? Maybe an alternate head for Logan is included with the four full figures?

I would think the obvious is a re-release of Wolvie somewhere else. By showing him you can show that he won't be hard to find, yet he might not have a home yet.

Now that I see more pictures of the Halo mates, I think I might pass. I'll probably get a few Spartans, but nothing more than that. The elites should've had fully sculpted heads, that just looks strange, and those Jackals look absolutely hilarious.

well this has cheered me up no end today

Halo minimates - WOW, so looking forward to these

Cap box set - fantastic, just the ones i wanted, and the detailing on the frozen Cap (the mask rolled down on his back), armoured Cap yeah, and WWII fantastic

AoA sets - not sure, good but not for me

Heroic age set - Thats a winner, New mask on bucky, I like the Iron man bleeding edge, don't have the new Thor so cool

New X-Force set - so cool, i love all 4 of them and yeah, its not perfect but i have an Archangel now!

Wave 37 - hmmmmmm, didn't realise there was a Ben Grimm under the Thing......cool but not my cup of tea

Edited by andymini30

...and the detailing on the frozen Cap (the mask rolled down on his back)

THAT'S what that is! Fantastic. That set just gets better and better.

I've never played HALO, but is Gumby's horse really a character?

I was thinking Mojo myself.

IMG_0361.jpg

Does anyone else look at this and think...they could so easily do a modok...

moc847

I think MODOK first... but Mojo would be a close second!

So I guess everyone missed the awesome new flight base under Thor on the Heroes set?

I talked to a guy at the DC booth (not Georg) who answered my question about DC mates making a comeback with "potentially." That's a lot better than the "no" or "ask DST" we've gotten for the last three years... Will follow up with Georg tomorrow.

I look forward to that follow-up.

Did we already know that Universal Monsters were coming out in 2-packs? Last time I looked at the thread it was still year-apart box sets.

... are you saying that there's something to indicate that they won't be year-apart boxed sets? Because they can release them in boxed sets, two packs, one packs, three packs or twelve packs. I don't care... just don't release them a year apart!

Overall, I'm happy that so many of you guys are digging these X-Men sets. As a completist I'll be sure to get them, but they just aren't what I crave. I'm much more excited about the BTTF, Universal Monsters, and that Cap through the Ages set, along with Series 37.

I'm liking all the new Marvel minimates that they have shown. I really hope we get a AOA Sabretooth and Blink two pack, AOA Morph and Holocaust (or another villian), plus hopefully the rest of the modern X-Force team gets released. It just sucks that I have spent the past week making decals for an AOA Sunfire, Weapon X, and Jean Grey, plus a modern X-Force Archangel....I think I will stick with making obscure Marvel minimate customs for now on like Sleepwalker and maybe Ravage 2099. Surely we would never see official versions of them.

Funny to see I am not alone in missing the Con due to a newborn.. I told my wife he would almost be 3 weeks old by the time it starts.. but no go. I just hope I get a chance to take both of them before it is moved from San Diego.. I really like the atmosphere there.

As for the mates. Some cool stuff but doesn't feel huge. I have to admit I still had a sliver of hope that there would be surprise Doctor Who Minimate news.. or maybe something on DCD... (more than potentially). Never was an XBox guy but I do like the clear Halo dude. I like just about everything Marvel I have seen. BTTF looks great! I wish they would re-release Series 2. The thing sells for $100.00.. why not make another run?

Also, if any of you make it to the Green Lantern Film panel.. let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Edited by The Vox