UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'll be No. 3 in the White Fantomex club.

Whoo-hoo! I'll start making the White Fantomex club t-shirts! Please let me know what size you wear.

Now I'm wondering if we'll get some news about the next wave of Minimates at TRU this weekend.

Boyd: Of course! We are mighty! :lol:

Yes, that is what AoA Cyclops looks like under his visor (he lost an eye to Weapon X, who lost his hand in the process). I'm thinking that's a stand-in hairpiece, though, since it's nowhere close to what it should be. Visor or not. Scott had long hair.

We get a new X-Force Wolverine, but no Domino, Vanisher, Elixir, or Wolfsbane? Lame.

I agree. I LOATHE Fantomex.

After Kyle & Yost leave the book, and Deadpool and Fantomex join, I fear I won't be able to take X-Force seriously. I'm thinking of dropping the title.

Don't get me wrong, I know DP has tons of fans and Fantomex looks kinda Storm-shadowy so I think this set will sell for DST, but I personally don't want it.

A set with Domino, Vanisher, Elixir, & Wolfsbane would have been a big WIN for me.

I guess, with the TRU sets supposedly acting to compliment the other sets out there, there's a chance that anyone's favorite that was overlooked in these box sets could be covered in a 2-pack down the line. Assuming you can find a store that carries them and hasn't sold out of them.

Still, I see a LOT of X-Men love, which doesn't interest me much. I hope series 38 and TRU series 8 are unveiled at some point, with some other characters on display.

I wasn't able to post this last night, but today's a new day. I took a pretty clear pic of that X-Force boxset last night, check it out here: http://twitgoo.com/19sdhx

For some reason, the nose/eyes on that Wolverine's mask makes me think of the

. It's probably just me that thinks that though. Edited by groundhog7s

. It's probably just me that thinks that though.

Huh, now I'm trying to remember if Wolverine once got busy in a Burger King bathroom...

QUOTE (Donny B @ Jul 22 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of sculpting out the eyes and whatnot, but I don't think it was executed very well...

Yeah, it bugs me. Stands out too much and says "Hey, remember how no other Minimate has a nose? Well, screw that 'cause Wolverine is the best at what he does, and that's having unnecessary details that detract from the established Minimate style". It may say something different to you.

Edited by boyd

I wasn't able to post this last night, but today's a new day. I took a pretty clear pic of that X-Force boxset last night, check it out here: http://twitgoo.com/19sdhx

. It's probably just me that thinks that though.

Wow yeah, you're definitely not alone on that one.

So it's a good day to be an X-Men fan, huh? I'm really excited about the AoA variants. So we have Weapon X, Jean, Apocalypse, Dark Beast, Cyclops, Magneto, Rogue, and Sunfire. That's pretty darn awesome, even if there are others left I want to see (Holocaust, Morph, Blink, Sugar Man, X-Man, etc).

opefully the "maybe" on DC mates means good things.

I talked to a guy at the DC booth (not Georg) who answered my question about DC mates making a comeback with "potentially." That's a lot better than the "no" or "ask DST" we've gotten for the last three years... Will follow up with Georg tomorrow.

I love everything announced so far. But this has me off the charts with excitement.

Someone corner Georg. DCD could easily get some of that TRU money with DC Minimates.

On a separate note: I predict Chuck will announce the return of Minimates to Target.

I talked to a guy at the DC booth (not Georg) who answered my question about DC mates making a comeback with "potentially." That's a lot better than the "no" or "ask DST" we've gotten for the last three years... Will follow up with Georg tomorrow.

I love everything announced so far. But this has me off the charts with excitement.

Someone corner Georg. DCD could easily get some of that TRU money with DC Minimates.

On a separate note: I predict Chuck will announce the return of Minimates to Target.

ugh I hope not. at least not for exclusives. Targets around here suck. They are as bad as walmart when it comes to finding someone to actually help you. Plus they all have a "collector bias" around here probably due to the people that buy up stuff for the local comic shops.