UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

I want that heroic age boxset {but as boyd satated its only for new collectors like me,I know ive been collecting for 9 months but thats new right? :blink: }

I had the exact thoughts as gambitron,Like him I thought they where new miniflyers

On the picture that has the MAX symbol,The little card at the very front says bttf 25 ann box set,right?If so Ivan{or anyone else that is going and reporting} PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHOW SOME PICS OF IT!Well thats if there is the figures.Oh and while who ever is at it,please take some pictures of the front of the universal monster box's.Oh and while you are doing that also take pics of the mini's that come with the vechieles,oh and don't forget to take pictures of the pirates :P that is not too much too ask right?

And this is not all the minimates they are showning right?I like saying right.But I am not even right handed.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But boy did they cut corners on Iron Man. Helmet + blank Minimate.

Wouldn't have been so bad if they wanted to go old school and do a blank Minimate repainted as Iron Man, IMO. But having just a sculpted helmet is wacky.

(exception being the Spidey, but how many "classic" Spideys can we get?).

At least 12. Possibly more. You can never have enough classic anything.

I think one of the AOA guys is Morph, btw.

Yeah, I can see that - the fuzzy purple in the background could be his cape. Think I'd rather have an AoA Sunfire.

As for the new Iron Man - I can forgive the design printed directly on the Minimate, because the new armor is suppose to be sleek and form-fitting. But man, does it make the helmet look really really bulky.

thanks for the depression guys, i totally owe you one... hah kidding. all this stuff looks pretty cool although the halo mates are a tad bit clunky to me. heroic age iron man is ehhh. would have preferred the slip on mask. however those battle beast figures won me over. beautifully shiny. i would appreciate if someone could snag me the hand outs. :D

- so whens the next photo contest? ;)

Edited by link 46

Heroic Age turning out to be a complete retread is annoying, especially since I may have to buy it for that Spidey. Really thought we'd get a Mockingbird, or at least a better Beast or Luke Cage.

Did we already know that Universal Monsters were coming out in 2-packs? Last time I looked at the thread it was still year-apart box sets.

There will be more than 4 AoA minimates. That's all I can say for now. ;)

Bravo! I need to read AoA now. Anyone here selling a trade paperback or hardback? Willing to loan?

Dude if you were closer I would totally lend you these for sure, despite what K80 says I think it was a great story, some of it was weak but overall it was pretty good considering some of the crap that was going on in the 90's

Jeff of the Miniacs

AGE OF APOCALYPSE!!!

*calms self and tries to stop hyperventilating*

I am so EFFING excited! So we can clearly see Jean Grey, Weapon X & Apocalypse so far (A-poc's face can be seen on the left of this picture http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...0&start=100 )

And if what Luke says about ANOTHER 4 figures is true . . . i'll be in X-Nerd heaven.

I gotta say, Jean does look a little weird. What the hell is going on with her bre@sts/ribs ? - but beggars can't be choosers. I'm happy to see em at all.

And i'm really stoked to see Warpath is getting newly designed daggers. WOO-to-da-OOT!

Also - it looks like Xavier will have the Safari suit under his business jacket.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...0&start=120

Every time i feel disappointed with a wave. DST seems to slowly release more information on the wave that sparks hope and excitement.

Ben Grim under Thing; Proper vibranium blades for Warpath; Safari suit for Xavier; Six arms on Spiderman. This wave has totally come through for me.

Not much is exciting me this year.

Don't like the deformed vehicles. Pass.

I played the first Halo game way back when, but never really got interested in the characters, so those are a pass.

Heroic Age box set is lame. Pass.

I have enough Captain Americas & next year we'll see even more of him so his box set is a pass.

The pirates may be too generic for my taste. I think I'll have to see them in person.

I couldn't stand Lobdell's run on the X-Men and didn't care for AOA, myself. I'm happy for its fans, though. I WILL get a Sunfire if he's in it, however!

I must have Lizard & I suppose Charles' coat, tie, & bloody towel/dried tomato will be removed as soon as I get him!

I hope some more pics show up soon!

So I guess everyone missed the awesome new flight base under Thor on the Heroes set?

I talked to a guy at the DC booth (not Georg) who answered my question about DC mates making a comeback with "potentially." That's a lot better than the "no" or "ask DST" we've gotten for the last three years... Will follow up with Georg tomorrow.

There will be more than 4 AoA minimates. That's all I can say for now. ;)

That's all you can say but Cappy says that we'll also see Magneto,Wolverine,Rouge & we're not quite sure (Cyclops?) from AFX.

bhm says: Magneto is especially sweet........ as are the Halo mates.....these will blow you away!

Dang, we got chatting with DSTChuck (had him cornered for a good hour) and I gave the 'Mates only a quick looking over. Already forgetting what all I saw.

I do remember the BTTF 4-pack and Doc was in white, perhaps his radiation suit? I'll have to double-check that tomorrow.

They had a whole case of Halo stuff, including vehicles. Easily twenty different 'Mates on display, Spartans look different than Master Chief, clear versions of the armor. And the aliens rock! They don't look like Minimates at all, but as a set on their own, the Halo stuff has me excited.

The SDCC Battle Beast is a green gator in gold armor. The first 1000 people to buy something at DST on Thursday can score a Beast -- gonna be hard to score doubles on this guy (or any at all). :(

Marvel has always been my first love with minimates so not that excited for all the reasons already said.

Heroic Age: 2 of the 4 figures are 99% identical to figures just released and yet another Spidey and IM to swell the ranks, joy /sarcasm. I can understand the release but if they knew this was coming awhile back they could have filled the slots of Bucky Cap and Thor already released with other figures and now everyone would be screaming with excitement at these versions.

AoA: New figures always cool but for me never a big fan of this X-men stuff so I can take or leave.

Wave 37: Already seen

Cap Through The Ages: At the moment best Marvel set shown. Big downside is its a TRU set so hard for me to obtain.

Halo: Figures look a little clunky so I will wait for better pics

MAX: Not a fan of civilian mates but these firefighters etc look ok so I could be tempted and I really like the jet.

Universal Monsters: Yes plz cant wait for these.

Pirates: doesn't seem to be anything new which I hope isn't a sign of the line not making it. I really hope this one comes through as I really do like like it. Has a sorta POTC feel to it.

All the new mates look incredibly cool. I was superstoked to see em.

Two things

1- not shown here is the uncanny xforce team. A box set with archangel, psylocke deadpool, and fantomex in their black uniforms.

2- that fourth character for the aoa box set is the dark beast, or at least that's who it looks like.

Oh, also, that exclusive jubilee has a reversable head, its great.

I'm happy to see Professor X has his safari outfit on underneath the suit. The only disappointing thing about wave 37 is the Lizard. I just really don't like his face. A sculpted one would have made him 'pop' a bit more if you ask me even if it kinda ruins the whole Minimate look somewhat.

As far as the other Marvel stuff shown thus far...

The Heroic Age: Pointless. Another Bucky Cap, another modern Thor, another Spider-Man, and a poorly put together Iron Man (seriously, he's got the Iron Man 2 movie helmet on). Pass. Big time. This is probabl;y going to sit on shelves just like the Wolverine: Through the Ages set.

Age of Apocalypse: Weapon X, Jean Grey, Apocalypse, and what looks like Dark Beast. Iffy on this. On one hand, I'm happy to see DST doing this and yet in another, it would mean we need a LOT of new versions of characters already given a few Minimates before... At least Dark Beast can be used the the 616 stuff though too. ^_^

The biggest question for me though...NO Blink!? They better be saving her for an unannounced Exiles set or something. >_O

Or another... NO Sunfire!? Seriously, how cool would a translucent AoA Sunfire be!?

Edited by MST3KFan

So if the Halo figures are going to have a clear version, count me in on that one....otherwise I'm passing on those, like others are saying, just to clunky to me and kinda taking away from the Minimate look in my opinion.

Does anyone have a link to a picture of that x force boxset and who the heck is fantomax? :mellow:

Edited by Scorpion

The biggest question for me though...NO Blink!? They better be saving her for an unannounced Exiles set or something. >_O

Or another... NO Sunfire!? Seriously, how cool would a translucent AoA Sunfire be!?

Yeah, even if we are getting two sets, if there's no Blink and no Sunfirw - well, I'm going to have to riot. Excuse me while I go get my pitchfork.

Thanks for all the news, all you lucky con-goers. Remember, if you want to be my favorite con-goer, I would love a Battle Beast. :)