UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

Thank you Storm and everyone else who helped bring info!

Oh Yeah and for the heroic age set,I think it is aimed for the canadian market b/c marvel minimates haves not been in Toy stores here in canada for a long time.Last I remember seeing them is Marvel Minimates - Wal-Mart/Target Group A which has been 6 years now.{We might have had other lines but I was 5 in 2004 so I dont really remember that much}And we havent gotten the thor and lady loki 2 pack or the bucky cap or the new iron man,But then again no1 got that yet.{But we did have allot of spider-men}

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great job Storm. I can elaborate on a couple of questions. Chuck originally wanted to redo all four translucent colors from 2008 as giveaway for this year but ran out of time. The factory just made what they could. It looks like some 2008 Oranges slipped in with the 2010 Blues.

I recorded audio* from the Minimate panel but I need a real computer to clean it up. I'll post it when I get it uploaded.

*Can only get about 30 minutes of video and apart from the initial slideshow there were no visuals.

Big thanks to everyone who has contributed SDCC news to the site. Special thanks to Storm for representing and Ivan for keeping his addicted brothers and sisters in the know.

I really wish I could have been there this year.. and not just for the pen fight. :)

Hehe. At SDCC, the pen is mightier than the Nerf styrofoam sword.

Tthank you! I'd been waiting for that joke ever since i heard the story, but just imagine next years marvel panel, the spiderman reboot, Avengers, possibly iron man 3, more cap news... security better be top notch :lol:

Wow Storm, I can't believe that's you remembering "very little"! Thanks for taking the time to report this all back to us, and it's good to hear Chuck has now definitely seen some of these QC issues first-hand.

Having the IM helmet as just a painted head could be very cool, I hope they make that change.

Agreed, thanks for the great coverage Storm.

Just wondering, but would any of you happen to know where there are some decent pics of the AoA sets? I can't seem to find a good picture of the actual Apocalypse mate or the Dark Beast.

Thanks for the incredible SDCC recap storm 1:08! What news (if any) on the Universal Monsters?

So, ummm, the funny thing about my memory is that I remember better on the lines I personally follow. Plus I would be more inclined to ask questions about them. So that's why my report might be a little skewed to certain topics.

It was probably stated elsewhere but the B&W versions of the Universal Monsters are TRU exclusive.

Weren't there orange and blue ones being handed out? I've seen them both on eBay.

Did the package on the orange specifically say 2010 exclusive like the blue one? Chuck did indeed have orange blanks, but they were left over from SDCC 2008 when he did those different colored blanks everyday. I assume he gave those out after the blue ran out.

Edited by storm 1:08

Thanks for all the SDCC news man!

Out of all of that, this is what got me most:

"Chuck doesn’t want a sole minimate section at TRU. He specifically wants Marvel Minimates with the Marvel stuff. If it isn’t there, then it will be harder for it to sell."

If that's the case, a nationwide memo needs to go out to all TRU locations and tell them that marvel stuff needs to go into the marvel section.

In my TRU's, there is a marvel aisle where minimates do not live and the Misc Aisle (TV,Movie, game figures) Where there are like 6 pegs of marvel stuff and that is where the minimates are located.

So in my case, I don't even go to the main Marvel section to find my Marvel minimates.

Reports are saying that all the tickets for SDCC 2011 Preview Night have sold out. That's 15,000 tickets.

If you're thinking about going in 2011, I think you should buy your tickets soon.

i thought the tickets weren't on sale yet :blink:

*sigh* so it begins again... well fortunatly im going be able to get tickets since i've been saving up. But wow, that was incredibly fast. i was hoping the pen incident would scare people away :P

Evil Daredevil looks like this.

dd_shdw.jpg

Really, he should have a goatee if he's evil.

That picture is a minimate wave in itself

Spidey-Ironfist

Electra-Daredevil

White Tiger-Hand Ninja

Classic White Tiger-Hand Ninja (Variant Set)

i would love a classic White Tiger Minimate :)

tightie-"blackies"

lmfao!

Seriously? That's it? Whose bright idea was it to bring back the "superheroes wear their undies on the outside" look?

Alternatively, DST can take this an an opportunity to update the classic red Daredevil outfit again.

Hmm, I guess you really can't expect the blind guy to notice his undies are on over his pants.

This seriously had me laughing like crazy.

I'm not digging the 'Evil' Daredevil look. I think it woulda looked way better if instead he wore the costume the Hand Ninjas now wear, and the ninjas just stayed the same. Their Daredevil-esque costumes look fantastic.

post-2113-1280340176.gif