UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from SDCC 2010

Did we already know that Universal Monsters were coming out in 2-packs? Last time I looked at the thread it was still year-apart box sets.

... are you saying that there's something to indicate that they won't be year-apart boxed sets? Because they can release them in boxed sets, two packs, one packs, three packs or twelve packs. I don't care... just don't release them a year apart!

Nah, I was just saying "Hey, 2-packs!" in case it was news.

Ivan, can you take all my con photos from now on? Soooo much clearer...

I think Sunfire will be translucent, those Phoenix stands were painted as prototypes too.

Loving the rad suit Doc + '50s school looks for BTTF, but would've way preferred a George McFly over the principal.

Edited by battlecat

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify the Universal Monster 4-pack and 2-pack fiasco... for those who don't know:

• The 4-packs will be made available at comic book shops and online e-tailers
  • The 4-packs will contain one exclusive mate (Gwen for the Wolfman and Kay for the CFTBL)
  • The 2-packs will be available at TRUs.
  • They will consist of pairings of the 6 leftover mates from both 4 packs.
  • The TRU exclusive will be the black & white versions of the WM and the CFTBL
BTW... Super stoked about the Marvel unveils. Captain America set looks amazing. Looks as if he's got a new glove sculpt as well as a newly sculpted shield straps. Very interesting. AoA looks to rock although Weapon X's hair is WAAAAY to big. DST should rename him Afro X. :D

Anybody else bothered that Prof X and Thing are the only mates in wave 37 that have secret hidden goodies (safari suit & Ben Grimm respectively) and that poor Lizard has got squat. He doesn't even have clawed hands or feet. C'mon DST you made a change with classic mandarin. Give ol' Lizzie some simple claws and a Curt Conners head and amputy arm. PLEEEEEASE!!! ;)

Edited by MINI_MYTE

BTW... Super stoked about the Marvel unveils. Captain America set looks amazing. Looks as if he's got a new glove sculpt as well as a newly sculpted shield straps. Very interesting. AoA looks to rock although Weapon X's hair is WAAAAY to big. DST should rename him Afro X. :D

Weapon X in the AOA did have major hair though. Weaponx1.jpg

If its too much too ask,can someone who is there take more pictures of the Universal Mates?

Particularily, if they're shown there, the Black and White versions.

Check out the 12th pic in post #103 in this thread.

UPDATE: Just found this loose shot pic!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Ugh, that new X-Force Wolverine is just hideous. I am thoroughly disgusted. Did we really need another one? I'd rather have an X-Force Domino. The rest looks great though. I haven't read AoA yet but it looks great. I hope we get a Sinister soon.

I'm happy for DST reaching out and making other sets but it's not really appealing to me. I wish they would have sticked with the playset and the other boxsets they announced.

I'm glad that we're getting the suspended Cap though, I hope the ice is translucent.

Edited by Dio

My wallet will be thanking DS/AA this year. Focus on modern 4-packs including AoA and Un-whatever X-Force = unmistakable PASS for me. Same goes for any supplemental 2-packs they release around those themes.

They've always kept a happy mix between modern and classic... this total focus on modern stuff means they totally won't be getting my money until they bring the classics back. That right there is three 4-packs I have ZERO interest in.

Cap set looks cool though.

I'm liking all the new Marvel minimates that they have shown. I really hope we get a AOA Sabretooth and Blink two pack,

cough TRU wave 8 cough

moc847

For shame! You mean *cough* Kang *cough*!

I keep wondering how Lizard's tail is attached. Anybody at SDCC able to see it clearly enough in the case to describe it?

Edited by Mystery Man

I'm liking all the new Marvel minimates that they have shown. I really hope we get a AOA Sabretooth and Blink two pack,

cough TRU wave 8 cough

moc847

Sadly I do believe I am about to give up on the Wait for Kang

It just doesn't seem to be in the stars

Sigh

Moc847

My wallet will be thanking DS/AA this year. Focus on modern 4-packs including AoA and Un-whatever X-Force = unmistakable PASS for me. Same goes for any supplemental 2-packs they release around those themes.

They've always kept a happy mix between modern and classic... this total focus on modern stuff means they totally won't be getting my money until they bring the classics back. That right there is three 4-packs I have ZERO interest in.

Dunno if I'd call AoA "modern", it is 15 years old, but I'm with you on the continuing bleh of modern X-Force... Not sure why this, of all current teams, is getting so much minimate love.

cough TRU wave 8 cough

moc847

I keep wondering how Lizard's tail is attached. Anybody at SDCC able to see it clearly enough in the case to describe it?

No TRU Wave for Kang, there'll be riots internationally. Juts regular wave please

Wow. Just wow. I'm surprised though that they show like a shitload of MAX and halo mates and we still haven't seen wave 38! But everything looks really good. You'd have to be a really selfish douchebag to not be happy with these sets. My favorite is probably the X-Force set; but I like 90s X-Men too! :wolvie:

cough TRU wave 8 cough

moc847

No TRU Wave for Kang, there'll be riots internationally. Juts regular wave please

I'd prefer the real deal wave myself... but I'd kill for any kind of release, honestly.

A few new shots from this morning's goings-on. I wasn't able to get back for the winner announcement. Dunno what happened.

I'll try to fulfill photo requests, but no promises.

Hey Ivan,

Thanks for the pix and updates, you're doing a great job!

Two questions:

1) Care to share more info on the build a minimate shinanigans?

2) Care to take some snaps if you see MMV members lurking around the DST stand?

Thanks.

T.