UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Are you waiting on an answer from DST's Customer Service?

Personal opinion: This site pretty much is the DST customer service. I don't even know how many times I've seen members on here help each other out with parts just for the hell of it, at no cost. You'd be better off asking for the part here than you will be emailing DST.

Edited by McDurg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mixed experiences with DST Customer service. I have a great response from DSTMatt when he was on here. He helped me out with missing hands from an Iron Man figure.

However, when contacting DST Customer service directly, for some QC issues within the Dark Avengers sets (Ares missing his blade, Damaged Mask on Ms Marvel, deformed foot & paint issues on Marvel Boy).

It took 3 emails over a period of a month to receive any response from them at all. The response was something along the lines of 'we'll see what we can do for you'.

Since then, nothing. That was over 6 months ago.

I used to expect Minimates to be perfect, but after looking at other toy lines I've learned to live with it. I've lowered my expectations a lot and I really don't care anymore if there's a small error because it's just going to happen. The more Minimates they produce, the more likely they're going to have quality issues. I'd be happy with less Minimates each year if the quality was better. When wave 25 Iron Man came out, I didn't intend on buying multiple packs for the AIM Agents, I just ended up with them because I wanted a better Iron Man. It took the best parts of three Minimates to make an Iron Man that would satisfy me.

It seems like TRU is to blame, since DST had to produce more Minimates when they partnered up while still producing Minimates for comic stores. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that that dip in quality happened, I don't know. All I know is that there have been more Minimates made than ever in the past, the quality control has gone down, and DST isn't replying to anyone here.

I have never complained to TRU about QC issues because I've never had any from there that I can remember. I have, however, complained multiple times (as have others) about their shipping practices and receiving things crushed because of how they packed them. Honestly, any time I've ever complained I get the standard 'we're sorry' speech and nothing ever changes. I think Minimates are such a small drop in the bucket that I'm not sure much would be done by them about QC issues either-if they're not concerned enough about their own practices I'm not sure they'd do anything about a vendors.

I noticed a drop off in customer service from DST when the layoffs that eliminated Matt and maybe others took place.

The firings also appear to have had other effects. The Art Asylum website updates are now very basic with html errors, the DST site has been completely abandoned and there are more quality issues with products.

I think you have a good point, since most of these missing shoulder pads etc are from TRU right?

I bought mine from a lcbs and noticed that only 1 of 3 Iron Man/Stilt Man sets had both shoulder pads. The other two had zero and one respectively.

If this is how it's going to be then just take down your customer service email. Nothing is better than letting people think that you might someday get help even though it's never going to come.

Edited by Killek

This won't help but I once lived in a world where I thought that "if only I lived in the US ......where things actually happen....not like here"

Globalization :(

Perhaps if I went to Hawaii & integrated for a year or two ...then perhaps....just maybe .........I could change things at TRU & maybe thenceforth the world :P

Edited by buttheadsmate

Sent an email to DST customer service on 3/27/10, requesting a missing pistol for wave 27 Nick Fury - no response.

Sent an email to DST customer service on 5/15/10, requesting the missing whips and one hand for Iron Man 2 Whiplash - received a reply from mchris@diamondselecttoys.com saying, "We'll get something shipped out this week." Nothing was ever received.

Sent follow up emails both to mchris and DST customer service on 6/3/10, 6/10/10, and 7/8/10, perhaps more. No responses to any of my emails and no replacement items received. :sad:

Sent an email to Diamond Select toys march 4 2010:Missing rocking marty's hand.I know that's a small complaint considering a bunch of minimates come with the same hands,but it would have been nice for them to send me 1 considering they probbaly got like a million of them.NO ANSWER

I just sent an email about 10 minutes ago July 18 2010:Missing mortar pack cylon's right hand and broken nova hand

EDIT:I just emailed art asylum about the missing cylon hand and broken nova hand.I will post if they email me back

Edited by darkredshdow

I Sent a request for some missing whiplash whips about a week ago. But judging from the nature of this thread, I wont hold my breath on a response. lol.

Yeah, my Whiplash was also missing his whips. I e-mailed DST customer service about it. In the past, Chuck has asked that we PM him with these problems, so I did that as well. (Which I had done with a missing Wolverine Origins Deadpool sword, and he got it replaced quickly.) But didn't hear anything. Ended up just picking up a second set at TRU, so I guess it worked out for DST in the end. Heh.

After reading that Chuck mentioned at SDCC that someone does receive the e-mails, I tried again today since my last two e-mails have been unanswered and since then I am now missing a Lady Liberty arm also. I just wish they would change the website where it says: ' Once we receive your question we'll do our best to get back to you within 3-5 business days. ' and ' Thank you for contacting us, someone will respond to you shortly. '. It just makes them look bad.

After reading that Chuck mentioned at SDCC that someone does receive the e-mails, I tried again today since my last two e-mails have been unanswered and since then I am now missing a Lady Liberty arm also. I just wish they would change the website where it says: ' Once we receive your question we'll do our best to get back to you within 3-5 business days. ' and ' Thank you for contacting us, someone will respond to you shortly. '. It just makes them look bad.

This shouldn't be an excuse but they did just get back from SDCC. And the one person who does customer service on top of other jobs probably has a lot of catching up to do missing about a week of work. Hopefully Chuck follows through and makes him focus more on helping people's concerns.

• 4 weeks later...

Emailed customer service on 8/13 for broken pieces on both SDCC exclusives. Got a response today (8/24). Chris said they couldn't provide replacement parts since they're exclusive items, but at least I did get a reply.

I can probably find some replacement pieces off some other minimates, so maybe it won't be too big of an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give an update, anyone who needs help might try DST's contact e-mail instead of throught the AA site. I don't know how much it will help, but Chris at DST said that that is the contact to use.

I won't go into details of how, but I finally received a response from customer service. I would also recommend anyone who needs help to try again. I won't gaurentee anything, but I think it's worth a shot to try again now.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update that yesterday I finally received a package from DST to take care of the issues I've had. I was hoping for parts to be replaced and instead received packaged sets of everything I had a problem with (with something extra thrown in). I wish it hadn't taken so long, but they did come through in the end.

Just an update that yesterday I finally received a package from DST to take care of the issues I've had. I was hoping for parts to be replaced and instead received packaged sets of everything I had a problem with (with something extra thrown in). I wish it hadn't taken so long, but they did come through in the end.

How timely! I just got a TRU Thing with a bum elbow joint. Glad to hear that they are responding... better late than never.

Speaking of the new FF wave... both my Thing and Reed Richards had some odd white dribblings of paint on their faces. Did anyone else get this? Not a huge deal as it came off easily enough with a toothpick dipped in Goof-Off and carefully scraped away.... just not something I've seen before.

Speaking of the new FF wave... both my Thing and Reed Richards had some odd white dribblings of paint on their faces. Did anyone else get this? Not a huge deal as it came off easily enough with a toothpick dipped in Goof-Off and carefully scraped away.... just not something I've seen before.

Yeah, I have a similar problem with Reed's hairpiece.

fig1040h250.jpg

I didn't notice it until late in my update process, and didn't have time for a reshoot. It's good to know that it's easily removable.

Edited: added link to image.

Edited by Ivan